I'm Sorry.

Piece by piece.

     Taekwoon woke up slowly, opening his eyes and glancing at the clock, 7am like usual. Sunlight was peeking around the curtains softly, just enough to illuminate the room without hurting his eyes. He laid there for a moment, collecting his thoughts, allowing his mind and body to fully awaken before he stretched and rose from the bed to head into the bathroom to shower and dress for the day ahead of him.

The warm water felt nice on his cool skin, he cherished it, the way it made it seem like he'd be okay, like he wasn't slowly falling apart on the inside. He felt real, and whole, and as if today could be the day he did things differently. Oh how he wanted to do things differently. 

Once showered and fully dressed he made his way back into the bedroom, walking over to the bed and sitting next to the still sleeping figure wrapped up in the blankets, breathing softly. Carefully Taekwoon pulled the covers down from around the other's face, raising a hand to reach out and their cheek lightly. 

"Hongbin," Takewoon spoke quietly, "It's time to get up." 

The other male stirred, blinking a few times before opeing his eyes fully. 

"Do I really have to be up this early just because you are?" Hongbin asked, yawning. 

"We have things to do today, tomorrow we can sleep in." Taekwoon answered, nodding his head, "Get up, get showered, and meet me downstairs please."

Hongbin sat up now, running a hand through his hair and stretching a bit. His eyes wandered up Taekwoon's body, then stopped on his face, as if he was looking right through him. "Kiss me, then I'll get up and get ready."

He leaned in, a hand coming up to rest on the back of Hongbin's neck, and kissed him. Taekwoon always kissed him so passionately, made sure to pour as much of himself into it as possible, so maybe, just maybe, it would help him understand the things he couldn't say. When their mouths separated Taekwoon lowered himself down to rest his forehead against Hongbin's chest, the latter's arms immediately coming up to wrap around his shoulders gentle yet firm, holding him together as if he knew Taekwoon was falling apart at that exact moment. 

"I..." Taekwoon whispered, then stopped himself.

"I understand, you don't have to say it." Hongbin spoke so carefully, voice void of any emotion, "I love you. I understand." His hands cupped Taekwoon's face pulling him up enough to press a kiss to his forehead. Taekwoon looked up as his hands left his face, watched Hongbin stand and make his way to the bathroom closing the door quickly behind him.

He sat there on the edge of the bed, starring at the headboard, listening to the faint shuffling coming from the bathroom. Taekwoon loved Hongbin more than he had ever loved anything, but sometimes he just couldn't say it.

Before he knew it he was standing, making his way to the bathroom door. The shuffling had stopped and Taekwoon was reaching out to grab the knob, then he heard it, the sound that made him hate himself more than he already did, a tiny click. Hongbin had heard him coming and locked the door. 

Taekwoon turned around and leaned agaist the door, letting his body slide down it until he was sitting on the floor. He let his head drop back against the door with a light thud, his hand covering his face as he began quietly repeating, "I'm sorry."

Little did he know, Hongbin was on the opposite side repeating those same words.