Quelqu'un m'a dit

Lantern

8 years

 

There are two kinds of assignments, the ones that were alright, cool, interesting, that ones you usually had a free choice of who would be your partner. That could be the principal reason as to why you liked so much that option, it was easy and comfortable. And then, there was the other option, that project that teachers made when they were bored and wanted entertainment, the kind of projects you only read in FF, and for some reason, you got that kind of project. With the kid, that couldn't keep quiet or stand still, the kid that always had his hand up to answer the question (most of the time the answers were terrible wrong), when he came at you with a lopsided smile and a hand to shake, you didn't know anything, you were “Kim Myungsoo, don't know anything”, wanted to run and hide, avoid this boy who was so happy to get to know you. To make that project with you, that stupid project.

 

—How long does a battery last in a lantern?

 

Didn't find the reason to that question, to what you would have to do because you could google it, you could cheat it. You were about to say that, until he came running to you with a black lantern in his hand, he had his shoelaces undone, and he fell over you. You catch him, and he was looking at you with those chocolate eyes, while shyly smiling. And you forgot about Google.

A month passed, and the lantern was still going strong, maybe it was because you didn't use it at all, the two of you said to use it only in the most important of times, so you will take the battery from the lantern and carry on this made pretend excuse to keep this boy with you.

With time you knew you didn't need an excuse, wherever you where he was there and the same went for you with him, the lantern stop been an excuse and start to be a promise of a forever, of a start. You hadn't used it never once. 

The first time you used it, was when summer was coming, and you were awake in your room thinking about lanterns and boys with a constant smile. You were 8 but it was normal for him to enter to your room by the window, it wasn't a surprise, it was something you always were waiting for. Except for that one time, because your room was pitch black until he came and turn on a light, and for the love of Loki you didn't know where that light came, not until you look at him and saw. Saw him with the lantern on, and you were scared because he was shaking and crying, with your forever escaping in the form of light. He was quiet, he was still, and you hug him waiting for him to let you know what was the problem. It was the start of your fall to the land of dreams when he said those words that started a night of nightmares.

 

—I am moving

 

The first day of summer, and you were cursing summer, wishing for the school days to come back, to never let go of this boy who tried to smile while the tears fell freely from his face. Five minutes, that was all you had before he leaves, and you were as lost as a lost boy, oh where was Peter when you needed him? You didn't know what to say, but you did know what to do, you had the lantern, you brought it with him. You gave it to him, a promise of grown ups you were about to made.

 

—Take it

 

—What?

 

—It will be our promise, our promise of forever

 

He was looking you with that face that you knew so well, it was the face he had when he didn't understand anything, that lost face that he had all the time when you were in maths and he would look at you. And of course, he wouldn't understand the babo.

 

—As long as the lantern works..my hearts will be yours

 

Just a child, that was what everyone would say, a child that didn't know what love was, but they were mistaken, because age doesn't matter about love, you could have been 20 like 5 years old, and you could know you love that boy in the ways your parents love each other, you didn't love him like a friend or brother, you love him since the moment he fell into your arms, of course that at that time you didn't know what it was, but time pass, and you felt with every beat of your heart with him that you were in love with him, That your heart wasn't yours anymore.

 

—I don't understand

 

And you laugh, an awful laugh, that brakes in parts, and the red from the declaration is getting lost in those damn tears you tried to hide so well. He was looking at you, and he laughs with you, and it was awful because you were crying. You hug him, not ready to let him go, but you had to, it was time.

 

—Of course, you don’t

 

He was far away, on the train with his family, when you said to the wind the words that lost their braveness in the last moment.

 

—Come back to me Nam Woohyun

 

13 years

 

You hadn't go to a new town to live, you had gone to a new country to live, and maybe that could be the perfect excuse as to why you forgot to contact that boy that hide from everyone but not you, never you. You were his special person, yes you forgot to talk to Myungsoo, and with the pass of time you let it be, decided that you had lost the chance, the chance to have a difficult friendship with him. Even do that every night you would dream with a boy who laughs freely on top of trees and took pictures of you while you slept, even do you had the last picture of the two of you in your wallet, the only picture you had. Even do, you always had the lantern in your backpack. Yes, you had let go of Kim Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo that the only memories you had of his voice were the phrase of a promise, a promise you didn't understand completely.

It had been a week since you had made a Facebook account under the demand of your friends Dongwoo and Hoya who said that only the dead didn't have a Facebook, so you made an account, even do you didn't get what was so interesting about having one of those pages, people wanted to have you as a friend, people you didn't know, people who never talk to you and people from the past. You were bored, middle of the night and you were on Facebook when you got the friendship solicitude of one Kim Myungsoo, didn't doubt, didn't think, you accepted. Of course, you didn't pass the night seen the photos of Myungsoo or his post, of course, you didn't write a message and then delete it. Of course not. You just heard that promise again and again, until you did something really dumb, you changed your status from Facebook from single to distance relationship, you didn't think much about it, you only thought about one Kim Myungsoo who was in another country. 

He didn't say anything, didn't give it a like, it could be because he didn't understand what you meant or it could be because he saw that post follow by a girl giving a like and the friend of the girls saying things like: “What a cute couple”. After that Myungsoo stop having Woohyun at the top of his search bar in Facebook after that Myungsoo blocked Woohyun and tried to delete him because he left before someone asked “Who is the lucky girl?” and Woohyun answered: “It's a boy”

 

16 years


Lee Sungyeol fell in love with Kim Myungsoo, the moment the boy say hello to him. Myungsoo was different, he wasn't what he expected from a pretty face like him, someone as quiet as him, someone who hides so well his emotions and was always walking like a king next to his brother (Kim Sungkyu). Myungsoo was unexpected, he was crazy, was unprovable, spontaneous, he had emotions that he hide so well, except if you look for them, he could present passion for photography and craziness for what he loved. Love. Sungyeol did once ask Myungsoo if he had loved someone, and Myungsoo gave him his first smile and said his first lie to him, saying that no, that he didn't know what love was.

It was the night, that Sungyeol got into his first fight that he knew that Kim Myungsoo had lied, walking calmly as you could with him through the streets of Hongdae, Myungsoo was talking about Tokyo ghoul when you saw it, saw the way he died in front of your eyes, how he froze, until a picture that you didn't quite understand, of course, you knew what those two people were doing or what they meant to each other but you didn't understand why that picture made Myungsoo have red eyes and run in the other direction. It was only a girl with blond hair hugging a boy with a lopsided smile, you went looking for Myungsoo but you didn't find him, you just encounter your first fight.

 

—Kim Myungsoo?

 

It was the guy of the picture, he didn't look happy from up close, he looks sad and broken, he looks lost, helpless while the girl who was holding him for dear life. He looks awful except when he said the name of the person you love when he asked that question his eyes sparkled like when Myungsoo lied, and without thinking you hit him, you were mad,  you were jealous, heartbroken. The guy didn't put up much of a fight, he just smirked at you and fought with you, saying ridiculous things.

 

—Baby! no! I love you! 

 

—She just can't accept I. AM. GAY

 

And then you understood, you didn't want to save the guy that ended in a Kdrama situation, but you blinked and saw a broken Myungsoo and you felt you had to save him, you help him with the girl situation, you left him with a few bruises as him with you, he didn't ask about Kim Myungsoo, he just left, saying it wasn't the right time. You found Myungsoo waiting for you on your doorstep he tried to know what happened, you were tired and needed time, time to heal. So you left him.

 

—He is gay and he sends his regard

 

—Who?

 

Now you knew when he lied, and it hurt in ways it should be inhuman.

 

—Nam Woohyun

 

20 years


Nam Woohyun famous model and Kim Myungsoo famous photographer were bound to work together, they work together, for exactly 4 hours, 33 minutes, 4 seconds. The two of the counted them. Nam Woohyun was ecstatic while Kim Myungsoo was distant, was away from the Nam Woohyun that left him behind and broke him. Woohyun tried every 4 minutes and 3 seconds to talks to Kim Myungsoo but every 4 minutes and 2 seconds Kim Myungsoo would run away, he knew that if he heard Woohyun he would fall and accept that boy that now smirk as he knew the whole worlds. As he knew the meaning of a promise said when you are 8.

It's at 4 hours 31 minutes and 12 seconds that the light goes off, it's in that moment that Kim Myungsoo hates and loves Nam Woohyun because he is just looking at him and everyone is looking for light.


—Has anyone a lantern?

 

—I do


Kim Myungsoo eyes open wide open while Nam Woohyun smirks

 

—Can we use it?

 

—Sorry we can’t, it's a lantern that must last forever


When the light gets back you leave without a word. But you do hear the echo of a promise said in the background.

 

—I will wait until it dies

 


24 years


Kim Sungkyu wedding with Jung Krystal, the girl you almost dated, she was…special, she was perfect in every way, but she wasn't him and that was the reason you were an almost because she could read you in ways that Lee Sungyeol couldn’t, in the way that was almost similar to Nam Woohyun, Nam Woohyun who sent you battery as present every 18 of every month, February 18 had been the day that he had left. Kim Sungkyu was marrying the girl that was the same as Nam Woohyun and you didn't know how to feel about that. Only that you knew, that today it would be the last day of the battery, Nam Woohyun let you know that the lantern was dying he hadn't used it but that was a probability, and he would wait for you, for Kim Myungsoo to bring a new battery and bring a new start if you wanted to. But it was your brother wedding and Krystal wedding and you had to go. Nam Woohyun was in the past. When you open the door you doubted.


Pitch black, a cackle similar to one of Krystal, and you just knew you had your left hand in your pant pocket touching one battery. Deciding if take it out if not, the lantern was blinking slowly, going away. 


It took Nam Woohyun 24 years 240 hours, 30 minutes and 24 seconds to convince Kim Sungkyu and Jung Krystal of helping him get one Kim Myungsoo. The lantern die exactly at the age of 24 years 244 hours, 34 minutes, 59 seconds of the life of Nam Woohyun and he felt like crying and break into nothing, this was it, Kim Myungsoo letting him go, saying what he couldn't say in words, the promise was a kid promise. 244 hours, 35 minutes, 00 seconds Kim Myungsoo put a new battery in the lantern and turn on the lantern to kiss his Nam Woohyun

 

XxxX

Heloooooo!!! Who are you? soooo this is a FF I said I would post but I lost track of time and the idea and I feel this is a bad FF and little confusing and weird, and I Won't deleted it, I can't it feels like my son and I love him, ooooh lets hope the next FF is better. It's weird and random, and I wrote it because I made a promise but I need to sleep. Hope you like it!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!