You're It

You're It

 

 

 

Yuri should already have gotten used to this but as soon as she received the call again, she couldn’t help herself but get pissed. She hurried down her office and had her driver drive her to where she expected the blonde to be. With her driver in tow, she entered the bar and headed were the blonde usually sits, giving brief acknowledging nods to the staffs who bowed to greet her, and found her. 

 

One look at the sight and Yuri immediately found herself ticked off. Jessica was slouching on her seat, the side of her face propped on her palm as she stared lazily at the empty glass of wine dangling on her fingers. A few strands of hair had fallen over her barely open eyes and one of the straps of her dress had slipped dangerously off her shoulder. Yuri eyes drifted down at the sight of creamy white legs Jessica didn’t make an effort concealing. Her jaw tightened. It made want to curse. How many times had she told her to stop wearing this awfully short red dress? Why does she always have to invite other people to take advantage of her? And, did she really enjoy torturing her?

 

Yuri didn’t realize she was staring until Jessica’s eyes snapped open and found hers. Yuri looked away, flinching at way Jessica held her gaze like she had been waiting for her all this time. 

 

It was unfair; Yuri thought as she made her way to the drunken woman. Everything between them was supposed to be over, yet Jessica, sadistic Jessica, kept making her go back here, here where it all started, reminding her of how sinfully satisfying that longing look in her eyes used to feel, and how much she still wanted to be the only one Jessica would look at in that way.

 

As soon as she was near enough, Jessica tried to reach out for her hand. She evaded her touch. Yuri’s not as naïve as before. At least, she’s determined not to be. She wouldn’t take another bite of that ing apple. Not again.

 

“I’ll take you home.” Yuri knew her voice sounded colder than she intended. She almost saw the woman flinch and shiver because of her tone. 

 

Yuri signaled her driver to pick the woman up and watched as Jessica looked at the man behind her, before shifting her gaze back to her again. She watched as Jessica’s gaze fell to the hands she cradled on her lap before she nodded timidly. And goddamn it, because the sight was enough to make Yuri’s heart do that clenching thing she hated so much.

 

So stupid, her heart.

 

It just won’t ing stop.

 

Before her expression could give anything away, Yuri turned her back on Jessica and let her driver do what he was asked. 

 

She walked fast, ahead of them. 

 

This time, Yuri promised, she wouldn’t be the one left behind. 

 

---

 

It was a game Jessica started. A game where Jessica’d pretend she could actually fall in love and Yuri’s the ‘it’ who’d pathetically chase after her. How many times have they played this game? Yuri couldn’t count. That didn’t really matter, to be honest. What matters was what happened before their games started. Back when Jessica told her she loves her once, just before she started breaking her heart way too many times, took a part of her and somehow left her with none. Back when Yuri started to feel so hollow without Jessica. So desperate. So ing needy, to the point she’d let Jessica hiss, “You’re mine,” on her ears as they ed way too many times that Yuri forgot their lack of ‘us’.

 

She could still remember how it hurt, being played by Jessica that is. The pain never really went away, and Jessica, constantly appearing and disappearing in her life, was making that sore she tried so hard to keep inside, throb like it did when they were still 'together'. It was like Jessica was pushing Yuri into a corner by making her presence known, begging Yuri remember how much she wanted her before. And,Yuri knew she needed it to stop.

 

“I thought... you’d never come.”

 

Yuri needed this to stop.

 

“I thought you… hated... me.”

 

This must stop.

 

“I missed you...”

 

This-

 

“I really wish… I could love you.”

 

Please stop.

 

Because, now, the only thing that matters was how ‘they’ should never be a ‘we’. Jessica put an end to the possibility a long time ago when she chose to lose the game she thought she was only playing. ‘They’ could never happen now. And never as long as Jessica stayed the selfish coward who only thought of ‘me’, and never, never, of Yuri.

--

 

Yuri stared outside, sitting on the front seat, watching the raindrops sliding along the vinyl coated windows.  Fingers tapping impatiently at the surface of center console, she kept hissing under her breath, muttering silent curses. She pulled on her collar. Jessica’s presence had always suffocated her and right then, Yuri wanted nothing but get out of the car. 

 

When she noticed her chauffeur giving her worried, nervous glances, she held his gaze. 

 

‘Mind you own ing business.’ 

 

The chaffeur gulped in fear, eyes went back steady on the road whilst Yuri discreetly eyed the wasted woman at the back seat, through the rear view mirror.

 

Jessica‘s back was hunched, half of her face was covered with her hair as her body swayed along with the car. Her eyebrows are furrowed and sweat had probably erased half of the make-up on her face, but that didn’t make her any less beautiful.

 

Another cursed left Yuri’s mouth. She let out a relieved sigh when the car finally pulled in front of her building. Somebody opened her car outside and her assistant, Seohyun, held an umbrella for her as she stepped onto the curb. “Take her to back the Jung’s.” Yuri said, addressing her chauffeur as she took off  her coat, giving it to Seohyun. “And Seohyun, please, put this on her.”

 

Yuri stood by pavement and watched them do as she bade them to, then asked Seohyun to go up to their unit first. She watched as the car pulled away, and watched it grew smaller and smaller through the distance, until it disappeared from the view completely. Yuri crossed her arm, hugging herself, trying to replace the warmth Jessica took with her when she left. 

 

Turning around, she shoved her hands on her pocket and scoffed as she started to walk, a lame attempt to loosen the tightening of . Waiting for the elevator, she saw a glimpse of her reflection in the tiles on the walls and suddenly had the urge to laugh at how pathetic her expression looked. It's funny, how the thought of Jessica going back to the arms of another hurt just as much as it did before, even when, this time, it's Yuri who let go.

--

 

Yuri entered her unit and went straight to the mini bar to fix herself a drink. She needed to forget. And, maybe she should change her clothes too, try to get some sleep. Yet somehow, the night passed and the morning came but Yuri remained glued on her couch, now half-wasted, waiting for the phone to ring. She was hoping Jessica would drunk-call again. Maybe this time when Yuri told her she’s still in love with her despite of everything, Jessica would finally stop hovering on the phone and actually give Yuri an answer.

--

 

“,” Yuri muttered, hissing under her breath. She was playing as the ‘it’ again.

--

 

And, the game started all over again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.


A/N: I'm not sorry.