REPORT of FINDINGS: Case #867-5309 Ziggy Acapellia Bailando Tribes

Lost Civilization Case Report
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nestled on the remote island of Ziggy Acapellia, located in the center of the Bermuda Triangle, lies the remains of a race of people who have cared for lost voyagers worldwide for thousands of years.  The inhabitants seem to have abanded their homes, but left a wide variety of documents and belongings to give a picture of the way of life.  The Bailando tribes have a long history of welcoming newcomers and have cared for those lost so well that most choose not to return to their own homes long after they are pointed in the right direction.  This has spawned many of the rumors behind the Bermuda Triangle's infamous reputation for disappearances.  Comprised of five separate tribes, the Bailando people share a common language in the form of music and singing.  The only time vocals without tone are used is during conflict resolution.

While all of the tribes worship the supreme deities, Doremi and Fasolati, for good favor, each of the tribes also worships one of the lesser gods, devoting the tribal center to that deity in the form of an altar shrine.  This also serves as the primary meeting place for the tribe members to discuss matters of state.  In the center of the separate tribes in a large amphitheater that serves the main commune for the entire Bailando race.  Major festivals, leader gatherings, and conflict resolution between tribes are all conducted in public on the flat surface in the center of the theater, allowing the commoners to watch from surrounding seating above.

Abandoned cooking vessels suggest a diet rich in coconut and olive oils, animal proteins, and fruit were eaten on a daily basis. Residue analyzed from goblets left inside the central amphitheater and school suggests that the oils were also drank in small quantities, most likely as a ritual to purify the vocal chords before communing with the deities.

The Bailando children reside in the care of their mothers during infancy and toddler years, but are removed from their mothers' home on their fifth birthday to begin intensive education in dance, vocals, and music. A banner of the school motto, "Every Amateaur Does Get Better Eventually," was found in the archway to the study arenas and was made out of parachute fabric from a World War II airplane and squid ink for the lettering.  Upon initiation into schooling, each child is evaluated and assigned to his or her principle instrument and tribe.  Findings of small tokens from other tribes within individual homes suggest that children do not always stay within the same tribe in which they were born.  This theory is further supported by the finding of the same style token within tombs of children who had died of illness, suggesting that the tokens were given at birth and kept throughout life.  For this reason, it is theorized that biological family is not seen as sacred, but rather the greater good of the entire group.

Homes for the Bailando people are simple, with a fire hearth for cooking and heat and bedding for rest on one half of the home and the other half devoted to worship.  The worship space includes a heated foot spa made of red clay and holding paraffin wax, the inhabitant's principle instrument, and open bamboo flooring.  Upon reaching adulthood at the age of twenty, the Bailando must demonstrate their ability to commune with the higher powers by publicly performing a musical piece and accompanying dance of their assigned tribe before the whole of the tribes and a panel of the tribal chiefs in order to be accepted into society.  If they are successful, they will receive their own home and must begin courting rituals to find their future primary mate.  Although uncommon, inter-tribal marriages can occur.  This requires one partner to relinquish his or her own tribe and principle instrument in favor of a secret enlightenment quest, as well as a vote by the members of both tribes to allow the demit.

Marriage and intimacy are seen as separate entities within the Bailando people.  While young adults are expected to be married to a primary mate by the age of 21, marriage is little more than a business contract for the purposes of procreation, as no evidence of long term cohabitation has been found.  Individuals maintain personal homes, and evidence suggests that spouses are encouraged to seek out social intimacy from multiple partners when child-rearing is no longer of priority or concern.  According to recordings of tribal law found on site, priority of child-rearing ceases after the birth of a couple's second-born, after which vasectomies are available to the father with written agreement by both spouses.  This is furst supported by the findings of specific medical tools in the huts of what appears to be the tribal shamans.

Most smaller conflicts between members of a tribe are resolved quickly, only on the rare occasion escalating past an acapella singing battle (these are k

Please log in to read the full chapter