This Can't Be Real

Selfies and Rings
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Stand still!” I laughed as I tried to steady my phone in my hand. This was our fifth failed attempt at a proper selfie.

“I can’t!” Taehyung whined as I felt him nuzzle his face into my neck more. “Why do we need to take a picture Jin?”

“Because I need more pictures of you.”  I smiled “I don’t have enough.”

“But Jin!” Taehyung grinned. “Your whole phone is filled with pictures of me!”

“Still not enough.” I shook my head. “C’mon Tae, just one more. Please?”

I felt him shift from his in his spot behind me as I repositioned the camera, I smiled as I pressed the button.

Click.

It was perfect. Taehyung had his arm draped around my shoulders smiling his rectangular grin of his.
“See?” I laughed as I put my phone back into my pocket. “It wasn’t THAT hard.”

“I only did it because you said please.” He rolled his eyes with a grin.

“I’m sure.” I laughed and took his hand in mine.  Taehyung smiled as he started swinging our hands back and forth between the both of us as we began to walk.

“I like that feeling.” He commented squeezing my hand a little after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

“What feeing?” I asked turning my head to look at him.

“Of this.” He grinned as he held up our clasped hands, pointing to my ring figure, the silver of the new ring sparking in the sunlight.

I couldn’t stop the smile from spreading across my face.

“It’s only an engagement ring Tae.” I tried not to laugh at the pout that formed on his face.

“It’s not!” he countered. “It’s a promise, Jin!”

“I know” I laughed. “I know.”

“I love you y’know.” He mumbled. “Even if you are rude sometimes.”

“I love you too.” I smiled as I kissed his cheek. “And put your sass away.”

He only laughed and started swinging arm hands back and forth again as we finally left the park. The city streets were crowded and normally I would be scared the younger boy would wonder off, or we’d get separated, but he had such a tight hold on my hand I felt at ease. I would feel him run his thumb over my ring every few minutes and I’d catch him smiling to himself from the corner of my eye.

“You know,” I started, his attention immediately on me. “I like the feeling too. Having a ring hug my figure like this, and seeing a matching one on your hand. I like it too.”

Taehyung giggled slightly and squeezed my hand again.

We walked the city streets for a few hours just enjoying each other’s presence and talking

Please log in to read the full chapter