As if we never said goodbye

As if we never said goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Feel the early morning madness.

 

“Come on guys, the van is here in five minutes!” One thing you could be sure of hearing in the Super Junior dorm every morning was Leeteuk yelling at the others like a true mother.

“Kyuhyun, close that computer and do something to your hair! Eunhae, stop running around like that, you are going to bre….”

A loud crash was heard through the dorm, quickly accompanied by Donghae’s voice yelling, “It was Hyukjae’s fault!” while Leeteuk face palmed and screamed, “I told you so!”

In the kitchen Ryeowook was frantically making breakfast while Sungmin tried to set the table without dropping anything since Eunhyuk and Donghae now had moved their game of tag into the kitchen.

Hangeng started the kettle to make coffee and turned around to face his best friend emerging in the door, when he heard his voice “YAH! Stop it you impossible dongsaengs it is 8 in the morning and I haven’t even had my coffee yet! If you don’t sit down immediately I will skin both of you alive!” Faced with Heechul’s threat Donghae and Eunhyuk finally settled down but kept on chatting in loud voices.

Yesung suddenly came running to the kitchen with Ddangkoma in his hands and started screaming “SHE IS NOT BREATHING, HER SHELL IS NOT MOVING!” and hurried to the sink to fill it with water since he thought it might be a good idea to give her a bath.

“A turtle’s shell is not supposed to move, you pabo!” said Kangin while suppressing a yawn and sitting down on the table.

“Oh” said Yesung, “Well, she still needs a bath!”

“NOT IN THE KITCHEN SINK!” came Ryeowook’s cry in a tone that could only be heard by bats and dogs if it got any higher.

“But she likes it!” came Yesung’s retort.

Hangeng started pouring the coffee into 13 mugs while he saw Ryeowook jumping onto Yesung’s back in an attempt to stop him from dumping Ddangkoma in the kitchen sink. Kyuhyun came into the kitchen, still with hair resembling a bird’s nest and Kibum followed shortly after with a book in hand.

“Hyung, I cannot find my necklace!” a shout came from Siwon’s room, before he ran out frantically turning all the pillows in the sofa to look for his precious crucifix.

“It’s in my room hyung, you took it of last night while we were talking” came Kibum’s calm voice.

Siwon stood up quickly and said “Oh, right” before leaving what used to be a sofa but now resembled something that had been bombed more.

“Guys, the van is here!”

Shindong’s cry from the hall made them all rise from the kitchen and hurry to the hall (Eunhae having a competition about who came first) and everybody tried to take their shoes and jackets on without killing each other. Hangeng was the last to get out the door and before he closed it, he took a look around the now quiet dorm that looked more or less like the result of the Third World War. Yes, mornings were very special in the Super Junior Dorm, he thought to himself before closing the door and joining his brothers. 

 

 

And the magic in the making. We were young together.

 

To say that the members had hit it off from the beginning was a lie. Some of them had known each other before they were formed as Super Junior but none the less most of them were strangers to each other. It took a long time for them to become accustomed to each other and right as everyone had found their place in the large group, a new member was added and they all had to find new places again. Nothing was easy and they almost killed themselves with the hard work. Hangeng was homesick and there were so many problems with the visa and SM but the first time they won an award for their hard work, he couldn’t help but feel that this was magic in the making: there was so much more that they could (and would) still do as they grew from boys to men.

 

 

Miss the fairytale adventure in this ever-spinning playground.

 

As he stepped into the living room in the dorm, he immediately stopped when his gaze fell upon Yesung and Donghae lying in the sofa, legs up in the air and heads where the legs are usually supposed to go.

“Um….. Do I want to know what is going on here?” he asked hesitantly.

“Geng-hyung!” Yesung exclaimed, “We are watching television upside-down”

“Yeah, I kind of got that but…. Why?” Hangeng stared at his two weirdest dongsaengs, not expecting and answer that made sense since, well, the pair of them pretty much never did or said anything that made sense.

“Because the aliens won’t be able to possess our brains when we are upside-down,” came the matter-of-factly answer from Donghae, “They will be confused!”

“Exactly” said Yesung while nodding the best he could.

“Um, okay, I will just go again then….” said Hangeng.

“Okay, see you hyung!”

He hurried past the television and into the dining room where he found Siwon, Sungmin, Kibum, Ryeowook and Heechul immersed in a game that looked rather complicated. There were a huge board in the middle of the table, cards and little figures scattered pretty much everywhere, even on the floor. He gave them one look and walked over to Leeteuk who stood watching them in the door frame.

“NO, you cannot do that, you are supposed to go three steps back, do a turn and then jump 5 bunny hops!” Heechul yelled.

“No, cause I’ve got the Magical Worm-card that makes me able to just skip through the forest and do a spell that will make sure to curse the princess so I can save the dragon!”

“Guys, none of you are right, you are totally cheating, he is supposed to swim across the lake, dance tango with the wizard, do the boogie and find the magical fish that will enable him to fly home again when the magical sheep has given him the riddle!” screeched Ryeowook.

Hangeng looked at them and saw Kibum sitting and trying his very best not to give into the hysterical laugh-fit that would break out anytime soon if his hyungs continued what-ever-the-game-was-called.

“Do you know what they are doing, hyung?” he asked Leeteuk, who shook his head and looked utterly amused.

“No idea, but they have been at it for quite some time now and none of it makes sense as far as I can tell”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter