Oblivisci Me Auxilium Addiction

Monochromatic Vibrancy

[A/N]: Posting this as a starter chapter

Unedited

Chapter dedicated to my lovely readers, Wuzzup and foreveranonymous3288 


 

It has been weeks since the details for the competition were announced and Kyungsoo has been trying to convince Kai for days now to join it.

He doesn’t give it much thought at first, but now it’s becoming increasingly apparent that the only way to stop the other’s incessant nagging is to submit his name. He was going to do it after class, at least that was the plan until Kyungsoo’s lover, a short brunette named Baekhyun, announced the deadline was right after their first lecture.

So now he’s running across campus, trying to find the damn building before it’s too late.

Feelings of despair and helplessness slowly begin to creep up on him. It doesn’t matter if Kyungsoo was the one who wanted him to participate, Kai was genuinely feeling the effects of withdrawing from his one passion.

After his departure, the Nikon DSLR had been lying at the back of Kai’s closet, hidden behind a pile of the ugly, plaid shirts his mother insists he wear.

Out of sight, out of mind.

His own camera lies on the shelf of his developing room, dust mites slowly decorating it as if mocking his decision. He had taken to avoiding the room altogether, the empty developer trays staring at him accusingly at having been abandoned. It’s almost comical, when he was the one abandoned-

He ruffles his hair roughly, trying to quell the thoughts manifesting in his head even as his feet pound harder into the asphalt. Suddenly, it feels like he’s back to running away from his problems, instead of rushing to register for the competition.

The wind smacking against his face reminds him way too much of the late nights spent running past the park near his apartment, across the bridge; never stopping, never looking back, never acknowledging the tears streaming down his face or the choked sobs punctuating deep pants.

Morning would always find him fast asleep on either a park bench or staring at the dull sunrise across the water. Right before the warm colours hit the water’s surface, it is steely, silvery even… just like a certain pair of eyes-

He slams against the door, shoving it open in his haste to reach the receptionist’s desk, wanting nothing more than to just fill in the damn forms.

He scratches his name onto the paper with more force than is necessary, but the obvious scowl on his face keeps the lady behind the desk from commenting.

He has only just accepted the documents containing the rules and other bull, when there’s a hand lightly grazing his tense shoulders. Thrown over his shoulder, his glare meets a pair of chocolate brown eyes twinkling with mischief, before slim arms encircle his waist as the intruder presses up against his back.

“What are you doing here-?” Kai’s cut off by a scoff.

“Mornin’ to you too, grumpy. It’s too early to be wearing a death glare.”

Grabbing the papers, Kai gives the receptionist a curt nod before turning and leading the other out of the building by the wrist.

“’M’sorry. Just a little annoyed at having to run a ing marathon to get here.”

An amused peal of laughter answers him, pulling a reluctant smile onto his lips.

“Sounds like a terrible way to start the morning. How about I make it just a tad bit better, hmm?”

That’s all the warning he gets before he’s being pulled into a stop, a soft pair of lips pressing against his and languidly coaxing his own to move against them in the early morning. A soft sigh escapes him as he lets himself relax into the escape the other’s kiss offers him.

He his way into a wet, pliant mouth, tongue slipping past a row of pearly white teeth in search of the other’s warm muscle. He chuckles throatily against the other’s lips when he feels warmth curling around his own tongue, his hand moving to caress a slim hip, lazily pulling the other closer to him.

They stand in the middle of the courtyard, kissing for who knows how long, both soaking in the warmth of the sun’s rays flitting across their skin. He feels a soft smile forming against his lips before the other breaks their kiss and steps back to shove lightly against his chest.

“Are you planning on making me late for class, Kim Jongin?”

“If I recall correctly, Jung Soojung, you jumped me.

The girl in question rolls her eyes and tucks her arm into his elbow as she leads him back across campus, making snide comments about his dumb grin and how she has way more important things to do than jumping a loser’s bones.

He opens the door for her, ignoring her jab to his side as he buries his face into her hair and takes a loud, teasing whiff. Their easy banter fills his being with warm contentment, as he lets her pull him into an empty lecture hall, their hands exploring with experience born only from previous tumbles in the sheets.

The door slowly closes, masking the sounds of their heated make out session, the two searching for an escape only they can offer each other. 

 

-x-