The truth is out

Because of truth or dare (oneshot)

 

Chorong pov

“Okay guys! Let’s we sit in a circle now. All of you must participate and since today might be the last day we all seeing each other, I have a game for you guys~” said Mrs.Kim, our homeroom teacher.

Well, today is our gathering day as this year is our last year as a classmate after 5 years being in the same class. Since the exam is already over, Mrs.kim suggested that we all have the event at her house since it will be lessen the cost. I sit in between bomi and eunji.

“Aiii~ you guys shouldn’t be sitting beside your friends only. Okay let me change your sitting arrangement since this is my game.” Mrs.Kim said with a sly smile on her face.

All of us groan telling that we disagree with her idea. In the end, I was seated in between of dongwoo and sunggyu. I saw him sitting beside namjoo and bomi. He looked really handsome with the smile on his face. I felt a tapped on my shoulder and saw it was sunggyu. “Are you okay?” Just then I realized that I’ve been staring at him for a while. I just nodded at sunggyu and smile at him.

“Okay class! Let me tell you the rules of this game. The game we will be playing is…… truth or dare~” Mrs.Kim said. “Mrs.kim! it’s a lame game.”Sungyeol whined. “Aish, I know you don’t want your secret to be spilled, that’s why you said it was lame” Mrs.Kim replied and smirked. Sungyeol, the choding of our class just laughed to cover his embrassment. Well, all of us know he likes someone in our class.

“Now! The rule is..  I will play some music and you guys pass the ball to the next person beside you. When the music stopped, and the ball is on your hand, you have to take the truth. I’m the only one who can ask the question since I don’t know you guys really well. Also, if you guys cannot answer my question, you have to take the dare.”

“Dare? What would be the dare?” Namjoo asked.

“Hmm… The dare would be… you have to kiss both of the person beside you on the cheek only. You have to answer my question or take the dare. One more, after you answer, you will be out of the game. Okay! No more objection and let’s play.” Mrs.Kim said.

The music started before we all can object. The ball is being passed and suddenly the musoc stopped. The ball is now on the Sungyeol’s hand. We all laughed as his face getting pale.

“Well well~ it is you out of my other student~ okay, I’m always curious about this. Who is the person in our class can makes you stopped being a childish for a while?” Mrs.Kim asked. All of us laughed and some of them whistled teasing Sungyeol to answer.

“Well~ it is an easy question~ It is MYUNGSOO~ with the glared he gave us, he can make me shut my mouth.” Sungyeol answered. Myungsoo and Sungjong boo-ing at him, knowing that it was not really the truth answer.

“Are you guys agree?” Mrs.Kim asked. “NOOO~ he’s lying. The truth is.. it was Yookyung. He always quiet when she walked pass by him.” Myungsoo stated. I can see both Sungyeol and Yookyung are blushing really hard. Sungyeol is sending a death glare to myungsoo and he just keep his innocent face. “Fine! I lied. YOU! Kim Myungsoo will get it later.” Sungyeol defeated.

“Woa~ myungsoo-shi, you should run for your life later. Okay, sungyeol you’re out now. And let’s start again.” Mrs.kim said.

The game started again. Now, it stopped right at Naeun’s hand. Sungyeol stand beside Mrs.Kim and whispered something.

“Oh, Naeun. Well, your friend here had requested a question for you. Since I’m curious too, I agree with his question. Now, do you like kim myungsoo?”

Naeun looked really surprised. I glanced at myungsoo and he lowered he head down. I signaled eunji to looked at myungsoo and we both smirked. We both knew the answer already. “ehh~ emm… well… I… I… I do…” Naeun replied slowly and softly. Myungsoo looked really shocked and rise his head up. “You what Naeun? I don’t think all of us hear your answer.” Mrs.kim teased.

“Well, I DO like him…” Naeun replied once again with a red face. We all shouting happily and Sunggyu and Dongwoo are high-fiving each other in front of me.  I just smiled happily and glanced at him again. He looked relly happy with Sungyeol behind him laughing really hard. Sungyeol looks like he had win a lottery.

“You two should started dating already since he also like you. Let’s continue our game.” Mrs.Kim stated and winked at Myungsoo.

The game continued. Namjoo answered Mrs.kim question bravely telling that she wanted to be a storyteller on tv for children programme. Chaejin also answered bravely and confessed that he liked Namjoo since last year. What more interesting is Eunji had to kiss Sunggyu and Seyong as she didn’t want to admit about the prank she did on Mr.Mark.

The game continued and the music stopped, and the ball is right on my hand. What should I do now... I saw eunji walking and stand beside Mrs.Kim. She looked at me and smirked. I know what she wanted to do and I shook my head telling her to not to do it. she whispered to Mrs.Kim and smiled happily.

“Chorong’s turn now~ Okay.. here is a request again from your friend~ Now the question is.. Who do you like better.. Nam Woohyun or Lee Howon? Or, which of them is your ideal guy?” Mrs.Kim asked. “What?!” I was shocked with the question. It was about him. What should I do. Should I Tell the truth? I don’t want to kiss Sunggyu and Dongwoo or I will be dead by Bomi and Eunji.

“Chorong, which of them is your ideal guy? You can point at him if you don’t want to speak loudly.”

I nodded and took a deep breath. I looked at eunji and she gave me an encouraging smile. I smiled back and looked at him. I closed my eyes and pointed my finger at him. “Him..” I said quietly. I heard a loud applause and a teasing whistle from the others.  I opened my eyes and saw his shock expression. Yes, Lee Howon. I choose you. I looked at Woohyun and saw him smiling. He knows the truth actually. I stand up and went to Eunji. She hugged me and assured me that it was alright. Finally, I can tell him that I like him all this years although it was indirectly.

The game continued again and as it was fated, the ball is on Hoya’s hand when the music stopped. “Howon~ okay, here it goes. What is your answer at Chorong’s confession just now?” Mrs.Kim asked. I surprised at the question, and pretended that I didn’t hear anything.

 

Hoya pov

 “I won’t answer it..” I said. Then I kissed Woohyun who was sitting beside me. I looked at Dongwoo with apologetic eyes and kissed Bomi’s cheek.  “Sorry hyung, I had to do this.” I mouthed and Dongwoo just nodded understandingly.

I stand up and the game continued. I walked to the kitchen to take a drink. Then, I saw her. She was standing at the balcony with Eunji. I never thought she would choose me over that aegyo king, Woohyun.

The game finally stopped, and it was already late. I saw her bid a farewell to Mrs.Kim and the others. I also bid my farewell to them. As I wanted to walked , Dongwoo and Sunggyu stopped me. “Hey, you should send her back home. It’s late now.” Sunggyu said. “Yeah. No one can accompany her since I will sent Bomi home and Sunggyu will sent Eunji. You also must tell her the truth, you know.” Dongwoo said.

I looked at them and nodded. I waved at Bomi and Eunji who are waiting for their guy. I saw her walking alone on the street and followed her.

“Chorong-ah! Wait!” I shouted and ran to her. She stopped and turned around. She looked a bit shocked and I smiled at her. “Let me walk you home.” I said.

“oh? It’s okay, I can walk alone. Your house is far from me. You didn’t have to do this.” She said.

“It’s okay. I have something to tell you though.” I said and smiled assuring her that it was really alright. She nodded and smiled.

We walked in silence. The silence is not really awkward and thus it comforting. I saw her shivered a little and I coughed a bit before taking off my jacket. I put I in her shoulder. “You are cold. Just wear it, I’m okay.” I said and she just nodded. I saw a playground ahead of us.

“Well… let’s stop here for a while.” I said. She looked at me and said, “okay, just for a while.” We both sit on the swings. “I never thought you will choose me over him.” I started.”  “eh? What do you mean?” she asked back.

“About the game, I never thought you would choose me over him. Why wouldn’t choose woohyun? You always with him, right? I thought you would like him.” I stated again.

“Yeah, I do like him..” She said. “You what?” I cut her and asked.

She smiled and said, “ as a friend. I do like him as a friend. He is a nice guy though, but I like someone else. Let’s go home now, Howon-ah. It’s getting colder.”

As she was about to walk out of the playground area, I walked towards her and pulled her towards me. I hugged her tightly.

Chorong pov

“Here my answer...I choose you too as my ideal girl. I’ve been falling for you since I saw you singing during the school’s festival. Days by days, I’ve been falling really hard for you and I had to keep it as I always saw you with Woohyun. He is my friend and I don’t want to let him down, thinking that he might be like you too. If I’m not too late, will you be my girlfriend, Chorong-ah?” he said.

I was too shocked hearing his unexpected confession. I stand still with the warm he is giving from the hug. He loosen the hug and looked at me. “Will you be mine?” he said again.

I looked at his eyes, and saw it was full off sincerity. I smiled at him and nodded. “I like you too Howon-ah, since I saw you dancing at the school’s festival.”

Narrator pov

With the sudden confession, he smiled and leaned towards her. She closed her eyes and with that he captured her lips ignoring the cold breeze around them as they can feel the heat between each other.

 

 

THE END

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how was it? i hope it is okay~ until next time. PinkFinite jjang!