Jeahwanie's boyfriend is...

JAEHWANIE'S BOYFRIEND

“Taekwoonie ah… Taekwoonie ah…” a boy is running and calling the boy in front of him.

“What is it, Jaehwan?” the boy called Taekwoon stops to answer him.

 “Taekwoon ah, today there is a boy in class, he told me that he liked me,” Jaehwan excitedly tells Taekwoon.

Taekwoon opens his eyes widely. He cannot believe what he just heard.


“He even kissed me… like this,” Jaehwan kisses Taekwoon on his cheek, “he must really like me that’s why he did that, right? Do you want some ice cream? Let’s go.” Jaehwan runs away, does not know that there’s a person whose face now is as red as a tomato.

Taekwoon and Jaehwan‘s houses are near each other. They have been best friend since they were little kids. Every day, they go to school together. They are in different classes but Jaehwan tells Taekwoon everything happened in his class. They share everything together. Even though Taekwoon can’t stand expressing his feeling to others, Jaehwan is a different case. He likes Jaehwan, secretly. He likes how his cute neighbor makes him laugh, hugs him, and acts cute. Everythign about Jaehwan is adorable to him. Taekwoon has never thought of confession, but the feeling of losing Jaehwan is not pleasant at all.

“Taekwoon ah!” Jaehwan calls.

“Uh?”

“Today, my boyfriend hold my hand. He’s really sweet.” Jaehwan tells Taekwoon.

“Oh… You must be happy.” Taekwoon awkwardly looks at Jaehwan.

“Of course! I was so shy. He held my hand tightly like this.” as he is telling Taekwoon, he holds his hand to let him know how tight her boyfriend held his hand.

“ Uhm … eat faster, class will start soon.” Taekwoon takes his hand back, and focuses on eating. He does not want to show that he is shy.

Reng… reng… reng.

Classes are over. Jaehwan rushes out of his class to find Taekwoon.

“Taekwoonie ah… wait for me.” Jaehwan waves his hand at Taekwoon.

“Why don’t you go with your boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks

“He said if he took me home, he wouldn’t want to go home anymore. When he left, he gave me a hug like this.” Jaehwan turns to Taekwoon and gives him a hug.

“Let’s go home.” Taekwoon pulls Jaehwan away.

Days after that, every morning when they walk to school, Jaehwan tells Taekwoon about the conversation between his and his boyfriend last night which he has already told him on the phone last night. Every lunch time, he tells him how well his boyfriend treat his during lesson. Every time after class, she hows him how his boyfriend says goodbye. Sometimes it’s a kiss on cheek, sometimes it’s a hug.

One day,

“Taekwoon ah!” Jaehwan comes near him. “Today…” Jaehwan’s face turns red. “My boyfriend kisses me…^/////^” he shyly turns his face away.

Taekwoon does not say a word. He turns around and leaves.

“Taekwoonie ah! Where are you going?” he chases after the taller boy “It’s really rude of you to walk away while I am talking.”

Taekwoon stops, still he is not facing the adorable one.

“ Hamster ah, he held my waist like this…” he holds his waist.” then his face closer to mine like this…” his face’s closer and closer to Taekwoon’s expressionless face” finally his lips touch mine like this…” he closes his eyes.

But then,

“Stop!!!” Taekwoon shouts.

“Taekwoon ah…” Jaehwan is shock.

“If you lilke him so much, tell him. If he hugs you or kisses you, hug him, or kiss him back in return. I don’t want to know any of that. Do you have to show me what he has done to you? Do you know how annoyed I am when you held my hand or hugged me just to show me what he did to you” Taekwoon becomes angr.

“Why are you angry at me?

“Then what do you want me to do? How can I be happy when the boy I love keeps telling me about another bo. I love you. That’s the problem.” Taekwoon turns around and runs away. He does not want to face Jaehwan at this moment.

The next morning, Jaehwan does not go to school with Taekwoon. Even in lunch time, he’s not there, next to him.

“Why do you eat lunch alone? Where is Jaehwan?” Hakyeon sits down next to Taekwoon.

“With his boyfriend, I guess.” Taekwoon angrily answers.

“Boyfriend?” Hakyeon chuckles “It’s impossible.”

“It’s true. Jaehwan has a boyfriend. He tells me every day about him.” Taekwoon gazes at Hakyeon.

“My dear bestfriend,” Hakyeon stands up “if Jaehwan has a boyfriend, he will be very jealous of you. Because Jaehwan spends every moment with you. Idiot!” Hakyeon pats his friend’s back, then walks away.

“With me? ㅇㅅㅇ” Taekwoon asks himself.

Now he realizes that he does not see Jaehwan goes with anyone besides him. Kissing, holding hand, hugging, talking on the phone every night isn’t he does all that with him. Saturday, Sunday, lunch time, free time, every moment is with him.

Jung Taekwoon is such an idiot, and too stupid to realize who is Jaehwan’s boyfriend.

That’s night, he decides to come to his house.

“Mrs. Lee, can I meet Jaehwan?

“Oh, Taekwoon. He is upstairs. I’ll call him for you.

Later, Jaehwan comes out

“Taekwoon…” Jaehwan gently calls.

“Tell me your boyfriend’s name.”

“Uhm… choose one from these.” He lists every boy he knows. “Changsub, Jin, Eunkwang, Wonshik, …”

“Taekwoon!” does not let Jaehwan finish, Taekwoon shouts out his name. He steps closer and hugs his adorable neighbor.

“ Uhm.. Jung Taekwoon.” he nods and smiles at him.

End.