Final

A Cup of Lemon Tea

The rain pouring heavily. It’s been hours and there was no sign that the rain will stop. The eye-smile girl took a sip of her iced lemon tea as she gazed out the window. To be honest, she felt a little bored.

“Yah! It is raining crazily outside and yet you are drinking an iced tea?” that voice startled her.

“Hey! What’s wrong with drinking my favorite drink? And for your information, this is no ordinary iced tea; this is an iced lemon tea!”

“Still, I think a warm chocolate will be more suitable with this kind of weather, Fany-ah,”

“But Taeyeon, I love lemon tea more than warm chocolate,” Tiffany argued back.

Taeyeon then sat beside Tiffany. Tiffany could feel Taeyeon her hair lovingly. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon’s face and it bring peacefulness into her.

“What are you thinking, Taeyeon-ah?”

“Me?” raised her eyebrows, Taeyeon continued, “I’m thinking about nothing”

“Is that a proper way to answer my question?” Tiffany felt slightly irritated with Taeyeon’s answer.

“Well, that was my answer. The real one.”

“Oh wait! Did you think my answer will be ‘I’m thinking about you Fany-ah’ right?” Taeyeon teased Tiffany.

“I-it’s not like that!” Tiffany tried to hide her blush.

“Just admit it Stephanie Young Hwang~ oh my God it just too corny,” Taeyeon teased Tiffany even more.

“Tsk! I hate you Kim Taeyeon!” with that Tiffany walked to their shared bedroom.

Tiffany sat on the edge of their bed. She sighed when she looked at the window. It supposed to be a bright sunny day then why it suddenly turned into an awful weather like this? It supposed to be a nice holiday for her.

Tiffany averted the gaze back to the room. On the corner near her cupboard she saw a blackboard filled with her and Taeyeon’s photos on it. She walked closer to the board and picked a photo. It was a photo taken on their anniversary last year. They visited Universal Studio Japan. Taeyeon looked so cute with her butterbeer mustache.

“Ah she just too cute,” said Tiffany. Unintentionally a single tear escaped from her moon crescent-shape eye.

“Yah! Why I am crying? I must be crazy right now and that is because of you Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany smiled.

A faint knock was heard then followed with light footsteps. It was Taeyeon, who else?

“Fany-ah, do you mad at me?” said Taeyeon slowly.

“What if I said yes?” answered Tiffany nonchalantly.

There was a pause before Taeyeon spoke. “Well, I’m sorry then”

“No, Taeyeon. I’m not mad at you. It just you know, I hate this kind of weather,”

Taeyeon joined Tiffany on the bed. She laid herself and asked Tiffany to join her. Tiffany obeyed and snuggled closer to Taeyeon. Inhaling the sweet scent of Taeyeon; letting the addicting filled her lungs.

“I love your scent,”

“Really?”

“Yup! That’s why I spray your perfume in the entire house,” Tiffany giggled.

“Yah Tiffany! That is too much,” then Taeyeon joined Tiffany laughing like an old woman.

“By the way Tiffany, why you hate this weather? I mean this kind of weather is definitely my favorite. Meaning to say that I don’t need to go outside all day long”

“Taeyeon-ah~ I’m not a house fairy like you. I don’t like to be stuck on my apartment all day long. You know that I am an active person. I need to interact with other people,” Tiffany explained.

“So you mean that you don’t like to spend your time with just me alone?” Taeyeon faked a hurt expression.

“Aish! It’s not like that!” Tiffany seemed frustrated.

“AHAHAHA I know, I know. Just kidding”

“Argh! You are so annoying!”

“Yeah I am annoying and you really love me,” Taeyeon said with a big grin plastered on her face.

Taeyeon got up from the bed and heading to the door.

“I’m hungry Fany-ah. Why don’t you cook some foods for me?”

“Why should I?”

“Because you love me so much hahahaha”

“Fine then just don’t annoy me after I cook for you”

“Deal”

Soon Tiffany moved her hands swiftly when cooking for her loved one. She cooked kimchi stew with some side dishes. How about Taeyeon? From Tiffany’s peripheral vision, she could see Taeyeon sat cutely on the chair while watching Tiffany cooked. Silence engulfed them. The only sound heard was from Tiffany’s cooking.

“Tiffany, you can go outside if you want” Taeyeon broke the silence.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

“Like you can visit Jessica and Sooyoung on their apartment,”

“But how about you?”

“Nah I’m fine. I’m a house fairy, unlike you. I know how much you like to spend your time with me but I think it will be nice if you go outside and meet other people so that my Tiffany won’t be gloomy again,” Taeyeon said with a wide smile.

“Really? Okay after we finished eating, I’ll call Jessica,” Tiffany replied happily.

“Hmmm your cooking is very very delicious, Fany-ah,” Taeyeon complimenting Tiffany.

“Of course! I cooked it with love because I love you so much Kim Taeyeon,” Tiffany said proudly.

“HAHAHAHA I know, me too. Yeah me too,”

Tiffany frowned at Taeyeon’s answer. It is so rare to hear Taeyeon said ‘I love you’ to Tiffany. Not that Tiffany complain about that it just you know, sometimes Tiffany want to be all lovey-dovey with Taeyeon.

“Hey, why don’t you call Jessica right now?” Taeyeon suggested.

“Oh right” Tiffany then dialed Jessica’s number. After a few seconds, Jessica finally answered.

“Yes Tiffany, what do you want?” Jessica asked bluntly.

“Oh my god Jessie! I’m freezing over here,” Tiffany joked.

“Sorry Tiff, I can’t help it. Sooyoung is so annoying today and she get me on my nerve. I almost throw her outside”

“Well, Jess you should more softer to your Sooyoung,”

“Now back to the main topic. Why you call me?”

“Ummm, Jessie can I go to your apartment?” Tiffany asked.

“Why? You bored? I thought your sister is there?”

“My sister back to her house yesterday. So can I come over?” Tiffany pleaded.

“Of course you can. My apartment is like your own apartment too.” Jessica said.

“Well, I’ll come after I finish washing the dishes and prepare her snacks,”

“Her? You are with someone?” Jessica asked curiously.

“Someone? It is Taeyeon, Jessie. I’m with Taeyeon all day long and she also the one who suggest me to see you,” Tiffany said while smiling at Taeyeon.

“Tiff, are you sure you don’t want me to fetch you? I’ll come in a jiffy,” Jessica said in concerned voice.

“It’s okay Jessica. Okay bye~” Tiffany ended the call.

After prepared everything, Tiffany ready to go to SooSica’s apartment. She took out her flip flop from the shelf. Taeyeon stood beside her, watching her quietly.

Tiffany turned her attention to Taeyeon.

“I’ve made a cup of lemon tea. I placed it on the table in front of the TV,” Tiffany in formed Taeyeon.

“Okay, I know,” Taeyeon smiled.

Then Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s cheek and whispered, “I love you, Fany-ah”

Tiffany felt like her heart became warmer because of Taeyeon’s word.

“Always,” Tiffany simply answered and the closed the door.

When she closed the door, part of her know that when she come back the lemon tea that she prepared will be cold and untouched.

++++++++

On the table where Tiffany put the lemon tea there was a newspaper. It was newspaper from 6 months ago. On the corner of the front page there was a headline saying “Kim Taeyeon, the famous painter died in a car crash after attending the art exhibition on Seoul National University”

++++++++

Okay thank you for reading this story and please don't mad at me :D