cheatsheet.

STRUCK BY LIGHTNING ☁ apply open!
2nun4sw.jpg
      cheatsheet       
All you need to know to write the perfect app.

PLOT — Since it maybe wasn't very clear from the description, I will explain the general plot here. The story will be about 3-5 characters who, during a thunderstorm, meet a stranger in Seoul and fall in love at first sight with them. After that, your characters will be searching for their love interests or simply waiting and confiding in fate for them to meet again. For your information, the first chapter of the story will take place on June 1st 2016. All your characters will have met only once their love interest before that date.

APPLICATION FORM — The application form is quite long, but you can decide how much to write. I only care about two things: the first one is quality; you can write as much as you want as long as it's not redundant. If you can write the perfect app using three words, then do that. The second thing I care about is realism. Please don't try to give me a Mary Sue/Gary Stu character; I like characters who have flaws and can be able to grow and develop during the story. You can also apply more than once, but since there are few spots, I will probably choose only one of your apps.

The app You can decorate the app with images, gifs and alter colours as the code should be solid enough. By default there are two void images, one for your character and one for your love interest. The images must be 150px large but can have any height. Under your character's profile picture there's a quote that's completely optional. If you don't want to fill it in, you can simply delete it.

The outside Your character can be either male or female. Age range is between 16 and 30 years old. Even if I accept characters of any ethnicity and nationality, keep in mind that the story takes place in Seoul, South Korea, so full or half Koreans are preferred. Also, I won't put a limit to how many languages a character can speak but be reasonable and Korean is compulsory for everyone.

As for face claims, I'm okay with everything as long as it matches your character's ethnicity and possibly age (this means that if your character is a 16 years old Korean girl you won't give me Adele as your face claim, let's be realistic please).

The inside I won't force you to write three solid paragraphs for your character's background. No, you can write any amount you'd like. If your character has a very normal past, it's okay to write a little. Important events that might have moulded your character's personality should be included. Your personality should be linked to your background to make it realistic and again, I don't care how much you write. If you want, you can add neutral traits, and try to elaborate on the traits so that I won't misunderstand your character.

I get that your character might have a very big family or be surrounded by friends, but please refrain from adding too many. Include details only on your character's most important relationships and family members.

The heart Here we are to the last section of the application. You need to fill this part in different ways according to your love interest. Your love interest can be either a celebrity (idol, model, actor/actress...) or an OC or another applicant you collaborate with.

If your love interest is a celebrity, changing their age is not allowed as the age range is so vast it can fit almost anyone. You should give me a backup love interest in the "face claim + backup" section (and ignore the "face claim" as your love interest's face claim is their real face).

If your love interest is an OC, use the "face claim + backup" section as you would with your character: a face claim (a celebrity, an ulzzang) linked to a gallery and a backup face claim (possibly an ulzzang).

Fill the rest of the form as you usually would, keeping in mind that your love interest won't appear very often in the story as your character is searching for them. Lifestyle is very important as it will make random meetings —with your or other characters— happen.

If your love interest is another applicant, you just need to link your love interest's name to your friend's application. You should skip (or delete if you want) everything from your love interest's date of birthday to the trivia section included as this part will be detailed in your friend's application.

Everyone must fill in the last three parts: the meeting, the search, the ending. (Actually, the ending is pretty much optional as you can leave it to me if you want a surprise, which I won't assure you to be a happy ending.)

The meeting has one thing in common for everyone: it happened during a thunderstorm. It doesn't have to be an encounter that lasts only a few moments; you can talk to your love interest, even spend a lot of time with them, but you need to stay as strangers. You won't shake hands saying your names, you won't ask them for a way for you to keep in contact. Your love interests will have a particular characteristic that makes you attracted to them in an inexplicable way. After that day, your character will not see their love interest for a long time but never forget them. You can decide if and how your character will search for their love interest during this time or simply wait and see what does the future reserve for them. Somewhere in your app, state if your character believes or not in love at first sight.

LAST NOTES — I love to see original but realistic applications, and there's a higher possibility for you to be chosen if your character seems like a real person because I get motivated and inspired. Make me want to write about your character! I decided not to use plotlines because I want to give you as much freedom as I can. If you have any trouble with this and want to have some ideas or prompts, if you're not sure how to fill in something (I know the love interest part might sound pretty confusing and I'm sorry), if you have any question, don't be afraid to ask! Also note that I will be reviewing your applications in a pm and not for the public to see. There is no password, because if you haven't read the cheat sheet I will understand it anyway. :)

Good luck!

source code | turn-in