ONE

Farther

Tears kept falling from your eyes as you see two lines that answers your suspicion. You missed your period and been feeling nauseous for sometime now but told yourself that you only feel sick because of the weather changes. Denial ends here as you confirm that you are really pregnant. Some may say that this is a wonderful blessing but not really for someone at a young age. You're still studying and there's no way you can support having a child at this time. But who are you to blame but your careless self.

 

You've been ignoring Bobby's calls for days now because you don't really know what to say. He's been sending you sweet texts but you chose to delete them even before reading. “why are you even doing this to yourself? Just tell him” you told yourself but deep inside you know that it is easy to say than done. You know that Bobby's just barely fulfilled his dream but you are here to ruin it. You don't want to be a burden to him.

 

hey baaaabe~”

I miss you”

why are you not answering?”

You busy with school?”

I miss you so much”

i wanna see you”

 

You chose to read the messages and it only broke your heart in pieces. How can I leave this man? I love him so much but I don't want him to suffer just because of me.

 

hey hey! You read my messages at last. I miss you babe. I'm coming home for a while please meet me”

Okay”

 

You've been treating him coldly. Trying to make him leave you instead cause it's harder if you'll do it yourself but you know deep down you that he won't easily leave you like that. He loves you so much that giving him cold shoulder wont do it.

 

Time came and you saw him sitting in the corner of your favorite cafe' wearing his snapback and mask. You made a beeline towards him as your heart pounds loudly in your chest. You saw him smile with his eyes and everything just flashbacks. All the happy memories pierces through your heart that they won't happen again. That you will only see him from afar after this meeting.

 

hey what's wrong? Is there anything bothering you?” he asked lovingly as he reach for your face to tuck some hair that covers your eyes. Just like you predicted, he won't even confront you about treating him badly,. How can you break a man's heart who only have his eyes on you. Who'll do anything for you. Who constantly makes you feel loved even he's away. you chose not to break his heart today but make this day last a lifetime.

 

do you have the whole day?” I asked hoping that he will say yes.

Of course! I specially asked manager hyung to free me today so I can spend the rest of the day with you”

But you should be resting instead of this” This is the only day when he can rest but he chose to spend it with you. “Don't worry Bobby, you'll rest well without me. You can live your life comfortably without me” you thought to yourself

I can recharge my energy just by looking at you” He said cheekily as he locked eyes with you. You will surely miss those eyes.

 

I love you” you blurted out of nowhere without looking at him. He seemed surprised since you've never been vocal about your feelings about him. He smiled form ear to ear.

 

I know. And I also know that you are crazy for me” he said while giggling like a child who got his favorite candy. You just smiled at him and continue with stuffing your mouth with food. You just can't get enough of this yummy cake. Maybe it's because of the pregnancy.

 

can I tell you something? But don't get mad okay?” He told you in a serous manner.

uhmmm. Yeah. Shoot. What is it?” you asked nervously

I think you gained weight” You laughed hysterically as you see him anxiously uttered those words. It's cute seeing him nervous over something silly. But I really think I gained weight, I've been eating tons for the past few days.

 

Hours passed and you decided to leave the cafe. You walked hand in hand as you joined the throngs of people in this busy street. He, of course, have to wear his mask or crowds of people will surround you. And the worst part is your relationship will be revealed in public. He told you once that he wants to reveal that you are dating, that he wants the whole world to know that you are his girl but chose not to because he doesn't want to mix you up with his messy celebrity life. He knows the danger of revealing his girlfriend and he never wants to put you in that situation. He always puts you first in everything he does.

 

Your date had gone smoothly. You casually hold his hand so tight and hugs him whenever you can. He is sort of weirded out by your sweetness but shrugged the thought off for he like you better like this. He only thought that you miss him so much you can't get your hands off him, and that is true. You miss him so much you don't want the day to end, you miss him so much that you want to stop the time, you miss him so much it hurts, and it will hurt more when you can't see him up close anymore. You can only see him on stage just like everyone else that adores him. You just hope that he'll move on fast and never thinks of you again. You want him to build anger towards you so he can forget you easily.

 

You reached your apartment and he doesn't want to let you go. He held your hand so tight like he knows what's up. You removed your small hands from his and made their way to his face. You caressed his face and tried to remember its every detail. You stared unto his eyes for so long so you can never forget how he looks at you lovingly .Your chest felt heavy but tried to ignore to make the moment last but your tears betrayed you as they fell down from your eyes without noticing. Bobby wiped your tears away and smiled, the smile that makes your knees feel like jelly. You just stared at the man in front of you and your heart ached more that this will be the last time that you can hold him. This is the last time that you can claim that he is yours. This is the last time that he will look at you with love. But you know that this is for his own good and you already talked to Hanbin about this and he agreed that this is the right thing to do. You told him everything and harsh as it seems, he wants you to go. He wants you far from Bobby. He knows Bobby so much that he doesn't want him to do stupid things to ruin his career. You hugged him so tight before you bid your goodbye and tears just keeps on falling as you say how much you love him and kissed him on his lips.

 

In the morning, you catch the earliest flight to New York and almost bumped with them in the airport as they need to fly back to Tokyo for a scheduled fanmeeting. Good thing is there were a lot of fans that sends them off. “This is what you want” you said to yourself. You want to go unnoticed, you want to pretend as one of the crowd who only see them from a far.

 

Months passed and you gave birth to a healthy baby girl and you named her Barbie. Barbie grew up watching Bobby and you always show her his picture introducing him as her dad, telling her that she got her eyes from him. You want her to recognize his dad at this early age thinking you can explain the situation when she gets older.

 

And now, you need to go back to South Korea as your dad demands. He wants you to continue studying and be part of their growing business. You never wanted to be part of them. You want to set your own clothing line. You want to study fashion, you never wanted to take up business course, but what can you do? You don't really have a choice, or he will remind you again how you made mistakes.

 

As you were fixing your luggage, Barbie run to who knows where. You were in a state of panic, the airport is huge for you to search its every corner. You feel like crying while asking everyone if they saw a a 3 year old child wearing a pink sweater. You heard a massive crowd as you get near the exit. You hear them chanting, IKON! IKON! IKON! And it made your heart beats fast. You don't know what to do. They are here? You asked yourself and you suddenly remember that you still have a huge task at hand, and it is to find your missing child. You search and search and you finally saw her, running towards IKON. You saw her how he hugged Bobby's legs as she reach him, and you saw how Bobby smiled to your daughter, to his daughter.

 

what's your name cute little child?”

Barbie!” she politely answers

 

As I was getting near them, Hanbin saw me and the shock is evident in his face. He tried to persuade me getting near them but I told him that I am just going to collect my daughter. He got wide eye and his head snapped fast heading to the direction of Bobby playing with my child. I made my way to them and Bobby noticed me, he stood up slowly and greeted me with a cold stare. I don't know what to do, I just kept on staring at him and suddenly felt someone pulling my clothes.

 

Mom, mom! I met dad!” she said.