c h a p t e r t w o

Our Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehwan forced his body up from his slumber. He turned to the left and glanced on the alarm standing on the bedside table. Sensing that he’s already late and taking a leave won’t cure his already broken heart, he ran towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. Looking around for his ironed shirt, but then he remembered that he was all emotional last night that he forgot to iron his family clothes. “How did Hongbin prepares for his school?” Suddenly he felt guilty for neglecting his responsibility as a parent to his son. He quickly fished out a random shirt and ironed it as quick and as neat as he can. He looked around the house and sighed. Ever since last night, the house seemed dull every time he tried recalling their memories together. Wiping his tears away, Jaehwan locked the door and drove to his workplace.

 

The moment Jaehwan reached his office, his colleague, Eungyeol, came to him with terrified expression. “Jaehwan-ah, the boss was looking for you since 8.05. He asked if you’re taking a leave and no one answered him. He’s like having this dark aura around him. I was terrified. Anyways, why are you late?” Jaehwan his laptop and a little taken aback when the device was in sleeping mode. “I was having a little problem last night. That’s why I’m late today.” He forced up a smile to his workmate. “Did you cry? Your eyes look serious and it’s not shining anymore.” He paused for a moment and continued. “Oh, right I just remember. The boss said to tell you to meet him in his room.” Jaehwan rolled his eyes before replying. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” He could just hear his colleague said a soft sorry as he ran towards the said room.

 

“Enter.” He heard a soft voice commanding from behind the glass door. Jaehwan entered with nervous heart but a forceful confident face. The boss turned to face him with his infamous expressionless face.

 

“So, you finally show up after abandoning the morning presentation? Where is your responsibility as a worker, Jaehwan?” He stood up and slammed a file in front of him.

 

“I’m sorry, Sir.”

 

“Sorry? All you could say now is sorry? Did you know how much money the company has lost because of your irresponsibility? Millions, Jaehwan!”

 

“I have my own reason why I’m late. I had a family problem that’s why I can’t be late.” Jaehwan tried to reasoning out.

 

“You’re being unprofessional. Don’t you think that other person has their own problems too? The company had put the whole trust in you and you’re disappointing us! That reminds me that it’s my fault too for trusting you.” He sighed and sat down again, sipping his coffee. “Get out already before I decide to fire you.”

 

This is hurting him more but Jaehwan walked out of the room nevertheless.

 

 

 

 

Sanghyuk pulled Hongbin to sit down on his neat bed. “Hongbin, are you okay?” The younger looking boy asked his boyfriend. Hongbin had been acting weird ever since they met his Daddy. Does Hongbin fell in love with his Daddy? It can’t be, right? They are years apart and Hongbin is his lover! “Your Daddy…” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes as he thought that his assumption might be right. Hongbin on the other hands was contemplating if he should tell his boyfriend about his Daddy. “What is it about my daddy, huh?” Sanghyuk asked, sounds different from his usual tone. “I think your Daddy is pretty.” Hearing his reply, Sanghyuk’s eyes quickly wet with tears and Hongbin frantically asked him why.

 

“You like my Daddy don’t you? Hongbin we just date for two days.” He can’t help but chuckles.

 

“I’m sorry if you misinterpret it like that, Hyuk-ah.” Hongbin pulled his flower boy into his arms­, his hair. “I mean your Father is lucky to have a husband as pretty as your Daddy. Just like how lucky I am to have you.”

 

“You really mean it, Hongbin?”

 

“Of course, my lover. We’re young and fluffy together, everyone would love to see us together. Come on, don’t cry anymore. I like it when you’re smiling more than you’re crying though you look just beautiful while crying.” He pulled away and looked down at his lover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter