The Night Club

Time's Ticking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon listened through the thin walls of the classroom, ears pressed close to the cold locker cover walls. He let out a sigh, rubbing his left palm against his tattoo covered arm. It was painful to get them, and now, he completely regretted making the choice of accepting the offer Ravi made when it was his birthday. Hakyeon could hear their voices, laughing and teasing at his dark skin. And now, with tattoos, the teasing worsened, moving from his accent, his skin, and now it was about his attitude. In Korea, having tattoos were the ‘judge’ of the crowd. Hakyeon sighed, running a hand through his red hair while he stared at the big rose that painted itself against his arm. 

 

It had been a month ever since Hakyeon had moved from Changwon to Seoul, due to his education. In the middle of his second year in high school, Hakyeon quit his education to pursue his dream of being a dance teacher at his own dance studio. But, everything backfired when someone had struggled to set his place on fire, a decency to kill him and the rest of the students there. From then, his place was labeled as ‘dangerous’ driving everyone away, causing the low charge on money. However, his family helped him out, convincing him to return back to school. 

 

After a few months of endless tests, Hakyeon was sent an envelop to Seoul University. And so, he was sent there through a subway, spending hours sleeping on the train. Hakyeon had always been the ‘different’ kid in his neighborhood, his family under the arm of the government because his father worked with the president. And so, here he was, his legs shaking as he walked down the hallway. 

 

“Hakyeon-hyung, over here!” Hyuk called across the cafeteria, his hands waving in the air as a piece of chicken followed his movements for it was wedged in between his fingers. Hakyeon smiled, ignoring the pain that splurged from his knees. 

 

“Hyuk, how was English with Miss Lee, huh?” Hakyeon questioned, pulling the chair out from under the table. The legs screeched and clawed at the marble flooring, making the red head flinch slightly from the loud noise. As the words flowed from Hakyeon’s plush lips, Hyuk groaned, throwing a hand towards his face. 

 

“One word, Hyung.” He started, clearing a small place in between his arms to bury his head into, his cheeks tinting a slight pink, “Embarrassing.”

 

“Oh, really?” Hakyeon started, leaning in to rest his head on the palm of his hands. “How? Was it like last Monday when Jackson—”

 

“Hyung, don’t even start. He invited the whole class to this club downtown, saying that I would be the one to start all the ‘alcohol’ drama like last year…” He huffed, slouching in his chair as he started to explain. Hakyeon grinned, his eyes wrinkling at the edges as he listened to Hyuk rant about last year’s incident. 

 

Hakyeon had remembered clearly that Hyuk was completely drunk after being served his father’s soju that Jackson had swiped from his mansion. After awhile, Hakyeon found himself passed out in the bathtub, his clothes wet with the cold water that soaked it while Hyuk was snoozing outside on the balcony, hugging a stuffed teddy bear that Ravi and Jaehwan had bought for him as a birthday gift. Turns out, Hyuk had created a fight with some of the waiters there while Hakyeon was passed out on the couches against Ravi and Jackson. Then, Hyuk was kicked out, having to drag his olders into the house. And Hyuk being Hyuk had stuffed Ravi in the closet, Jaehwan was left outside near the bushes, and Jackson was left alone in the car. And that wasn’t even the whole class. So now, Jackson wanted to start the ‘fun’ again. 

 

“I still haven’t scolded you the day I caught that cold, why are you so disrespectful?” Hakyeon complained in a baby voice, even himself cringed. The next few hours after Hakyeon had woken up, he had caught a cold, spending the rest of the week completely horrible with a runny nose and a major hangover. 

 

“Well, if you’re so y about it then you won’t have to come.” Hyuk stated, rolling his eyes. “But, I did hear that Lee Hongbin would be coming, too. I mean, he’s a photography for our school’s yearbook club.” Hyuk commented, stuffing a stick of celery into his mouth. Hakyeon brightened, his eyes flashed small sparkles if they can do so. Hyuk smirked as he saw the older beam in complete delight, a little twinkle in his eye. 

 

Hakyeon had been best friends with Lee Hongbin, flower of Seoul University for over years, ever since he was still in high school. But, like any cliché romance movie, he had developed an affection for the younger boy. However, Hakyeon wasn’t able to say anything about towards the other, especially when he wanted to hide his identity under the many layers of the Earth. As the redhead thought about his family, the flashy smile wiped off of his lips, turning into a slight grimace, flipping to a pout.

 

“I can’t, Hyukkie.” Hakyeon concluded, slouching against his seat. “My body won’t accept it, neither would my family. You know about it, right?” Hyuk nodded, laying his face against the table. 

 

“That’s horrible, Hyung. And disgusting…in a way. I mean, a guy can’t do that, right?” Hyuk commented, scrunching his nose. Hakyeon scoffed, stabbing at the dry ramen that sizzled on the plate. 

 

“It’s not like I want to be that way, Hyukkie. It runs in family, kind of.” He stated, letting out a puff of breath. “Well, I’m going home early. Can you tell Miss Lee that, please? I don’t feel well today.” Hakyeon pleaded, pushing himself out of the chair as he clutched onto his binders and notes. 

 

“Alright, Hyung. But, please come today, Hyung. I can’t survive at that place all by myself.” Hyuk begged in a childish way, faking small tears with his index fingers. Hakyeon giggled, covering his smile with his hands. 

 

“Okay, what’s the place called?” Hakyeon mumbled, tapping his foot impatiently on the marble tiled floor, eyes glancing at his watch. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter