Date Number 23: Choi Seunghyun

My Sister's Keeper

 

 

My Sister’s Keeper

Date Number 23: Choi Seunghyun

“Ya, Sandara Park,” Kwon Jiyong whined, shaking the sleeping girl awake, “Please, please answer your phone. It is driving me nuts already.”

Stirring awake, Dara pulled herself up and looked blankly at her best friend. It was a staring contest nobody was meant to win. He sighed, flicking her head before pushing her phone to her hand. Dara snapped up screaming in pain. She launched herself at him and punched him blindly, all the while nursing her stinging forehead.

“You wanna die?” She asked roughly as she straddled him in retaliation.

Jiyong chuckled before pushing her off him calmly. “There, now you’re awake.” He said, pointing at her phone, “Now, answer your brother’s call.”

For a moment, she looked at him blankly but understood almost automatically as he cocked his head toward the phone that was ringing loudly on her bed.

“Yeoboseyo,” She answered tentatively, still sprawled on the carpet beside her bed.

What took you so long to answer?She heard her brother drew a long breath before continuing. Meet me at my office in an hour.

“In an hour,” She asked, dumbly repeating his instruction, “What is this about again, Oppa?”

Just come in an hour.He said dismissively. Dress nice, don’t be late.

She cursed under her breath, whining to nobody in particular.

“Darn, oppa is setting me up again,” She said, thrashing on the ground like a kid throwing a tantrum. “Dress nice, he says. Oh I’ll show you nice!”

Pouting, she looked up at Jiyong, who was leaning against the opposite bedroom wall. Jiyong was laughing at the monologue she was putting up, but his laughter halted as he saw the look on her face. Jiyong gulped in fear. He knew that look very well.

“Ya,” He muttered warningly, “You are not about to drag me into this!”

She whimpered; faking a sob as she dramatically embraced her best friend. While Jiyong looked totally unimpressed by her musings, he was definitely curious as to how she’d weasel her out of this one.

“Dara, I knew you since you were four.” He told her in the monotonous tone she hated, “Don’t expect me to fall for that. Just tell me what you want.”

She smiled automatically; the sinister smile that Jiyong knew only meant trouble. He looked up in prayer, hoping that the Almighty would save him from getting into trouble with his landlord, who happens to be Dara’s brother.

“Do you still have those baggy shirts Dami-Unnie got you when you were 16?” She asked sweetly.

“Uhm, Dara, that hardly qualifies as a nice dress.” He pointed out, eyebrows raised.

“Exactly the point,” She responded in a matter-of-fact tone before leaving Jiyong dumbfounded in her room.

Oh no, Jiyong’s head screamed in alarm, as he ran after Dara who was currently raiding his closet. This is definitely not good. At this rate, I will end up homeless by the end of the day.

-

Teddy Park massaged his temples, feeling another migraine coming on. That migraine had a name: Sandara Park. His sister has once again chosen the worst time to be late. He smiled apologetically at the gent sitting across him. His visitor sat gracefully in front of him, his smirk not waivering from his handsome face. He did, however, Teddy noted, glance subtly at his watch.

A few minutes later, a cautious knock was heard from his office door. With his permission, Jiyong's scarred head popped from the doorway.

"Hyung, she's here." He said, sounding as exhausted as he looked.

With crossed fingers, Teddy looked at his sister. His mouth fell agape. His sister was in a pretty dress and heels, her pretty face mared by a scowl. Sighing heavily, Jiyong patted hisarm sympathetically.

"Don't ask," The younger boy warned. "I'll go ahead hyung."

Teddy grinned his sister, always the stubborn one he opted to ask, despite Jiyong's warning.

"So duchess," He said, motioning for her to come in and take a seat. "How did Jiyong persuade you into coming as you are now."

Through gritted teeth, Dara replied testily, "It would be beneficial for you to heed his advice. Don't ask. I invite you to his funeral, though."

Teddy replied with a nervous chuckle. Clearing his throat, he decided to change the topic.

"Dara, I am pleased to introduce to you," He started his introduction, "Mr. Seunghyun Choi."

Seunghyun politely stood up and extended a hand, to which Dara responded with an obviously fake smile.

"Nice to meet you, Choi-sshi," Dara said curtly, "But you should know I don't intend to date you."

"Sandara—!" Teddy hissed warningly.

Retrieving his unshaken hand, Seunghyun halted Teddy's words with an authoritative hand. "How blunt." He commented curtly.

"You seem like a straight-forward guy," Dara replied with a shrug, "I simply thought you weren't the type to waste time."

"You are correct in your assessment," He responded with a smirk, "I'll pick you up at eight."

Seunghyun took her hands in his before swooping down to kiss it. Smirking at her before giving Teddy a curt nod, he exited the room—leaving behind the confuzzled siblings.