The reason.

Stay in my heart. [Onesh♥t]

-Your POV-

“Minhee!” A voice cringed in the room, the voice that to me that I never dare to forgets. Yes, he once means something to me. Well a lot more now. It’s like those sayings, you only realize how much they mean to you when they are finally gone.’

He was like a drug to me, and well I guess you just had to put it that I’m in rehab right now. Yes, we went through a break up, but there’s a reason why I wanted to. No matter how painful it is to me it will always be more painful to him. I mean, we loved each other more than anything in this world. But because of some reason, everything that we worked on for years came crumbling down in minutes when I said those words.

True, like any other couple that well, lasted for more than a year, they are fond to be fights and well short break ups and at the end of the day they kiss and make up. Well we were like that. But now I mean it. No more kiss and make up. I just don’t want to continue anymore this rollercoaster ride relationship.

I sighed and turned around to finally face him. “What is it Chundoong?” I asked. I can’t lie, I do miss him. But, yea, there’s just nothing I can do to stop this from happening. “What part of DON’T EVER SEE ME AGAIN, don’t you understand?” I growled at him as he walked forward.

It’s not that I hate seeing him, I have to admit I love to see him coming to me talking to me like the way we used to, but it’s just too complicated for me to tell. I just want to stop reminiscing the past and just move on. I mean seeing him, again make me miss him more and made it harder for me to move on. Whenever I see him around I always tried my best to avoid him or just hide myself.

“Just spare me a minute, Minhee-ah, please!” He pleaded and took another step forward making me move a step backwards just like a magnet that repels with each other. I sighed and looked at him in the eyes as we stood in the empty room. At this moment my mind was filled with our past memories, all those memories of us being together.

“Ok Doongie, be quick.” I said as I called him with the nickname that I used to call him. I saw him winced a little. I guess I still have that effect on him, being able to make him fall on his knees. “I have a student council meeting in a few minutes time.” I lied. Well not all was an utter lie. I’m a member of the school student council. It’s the time where we go home so the school is practically deserted.

“You always wanna leave so easily don’t you Minhee?” He said as a small smile spread across his face. “Making an excuse that is really getting old.” He spoke as if he can detect the lie. I mean how he knows there aren’t any meetings. “I’ve been with you for 4 solid years now Minhee. Detecting you lying is just so easy for me. You should know better.” He said again as he leaned in for a peck on the cheek. I quickly turned my head the other way dodging the kiss.

No hell way I am gonna fall back in his trap. Yes this isn’t the first time he tried to kiss and make up. You can probably say he tried too hard. “Yah! Stop messing around Chundoong! Just spit the deal already!” I growled as I stared into his eyes. I have to admit I miss looking into his baby eyes. But I guess I just have to make myself stronger then.

“I see someone has gone cold.” He said with a sigh. “You know, being cold doesn’t fit your cute image, yeobo.” He said as he run his hand in his hair and again sighed. I made a ‘tch’ sound and scoffed at him. “You know what day it is right yeobo?” He said with a witty smile. That adorable smile that always makes me go high.

Ah, yes, today is our anniversary. To count it, it is actually 3 month monthsary of our break up. “You know me baby, I never forget. Not like some other random guy that you date and ditch.” He added making my heart ache. Why? Because what he said was true. I date guys and dumped them because no one can replace him in my heart and being with other guy other than him is just so different.

I pulled myself together and let out a cold smile. “Ah yes, it’s our 3 month break up anniversary. How swell that you reminded me.” I said hiding the fact that I missed him. Being harsh and cold was my only mask. Inside I’m yearning to hug him, embrace him in my arms.

“You remembered to? Good then.” He said. I can sense there was a hint of sadness in his tone. I bit my lower lips and puffed out air. “Happy anniversary baby!” He said. I nodded and walked away. Well at least I tried until he took a grip on my wrist.

“Minhee, just tell me why? Tell me why can’t we be together again?” He said. I can see tears are collecting in his eyes. As much as I wanna go back together again, I just can’t. “You don’t know how crazy I am without you. I know this isn’t the end of us!” He said with tears run down his cheeks.

“This is Chundoong.” I said. I heard my voice cracked as I was trying hard to cover up my feelings that want him back, telling him that it hurts me too for leaving him. “Just accept it and move on doongie. I’m not the best for you.” I said coldly.

“I know you regret it baby. I know can forgive you if you just be with me again.” I hold my urge to cry. I don’t want him to see me crying because I know that would make him win and tell him that I still want him. “As time passes day by day, I just know that we will be together again.”

“No doongie, we won’t please now just let me go.” Again my voice breaks as I tried to hold in my tears. “Just accept it doongie. It’s the best for us. It’s the best for you and me.” He pulled me close to him as I felt his warm body.

“You don’t know how I hate myself that I can’t have you back.” He his lips and looked at me. “The pain is burning me inside. Just please give me a second chance.” I bit my lower lips preventing him to see it quivering.

“You’re the reason why I did this Chundoong.” I finally said as I could hold it in. He looked at me astonished at what I just said. “You can’t change the fact that you’re the main reason why I HAVE to do this.” I said stressing the word ‘have’.

-Chundoong’s POV-

After hearing the word it stunned me. I was the reason why she had to do this? What is it that made her do it? I knew she still love me. All this days I never stopped believing it. “Yeobo, just tell me.” I said as tears run down my cheeks.

I pulled her closer to me as I wanna surround her with a hug. I thought she would finally give in but I was wrong. “No doongie, please!” she said as she pushed me making me stumble backwards. “I can’t. I made a promise.”

“You don’t know how this is hurting me. I stood here trying to get you back with me. Night and day I wished that we would be back together. All my friends say I’m pitiful but I didn’t care because without you my heart just doesn’t beat the same way anymore.” I said in one breath. I didn’t care about anything anymore. I pulled her close to me and hugged her in my arms.

“Minhee, this is where you belong. And this is where I wanna stand, next to you.” I felt a wet stain on my shirt and I know that it was her crying as I felt her body shakes a little. “Just tell me what it is and we can work it out like how we used to.” I again tried pleading her to stay.

The hug didn’t last long when she pushed me aside and she ran out. I saw tears rolled down her cheeks. I bit my lower lips and ran after her. I finally caught up with her and pulled her in a hug. The hall way was empty so I don’t really have to care about getting caught by teachers.

I always thought that this is like how we used to. Fight here and there and we would always make up. The longest time that we fight lasted only a week. I didn’t know that this would happen because I always thought that we would last forever.

“Minhee listen to me!” I said as I pinned her on the wall. She avoided my eyes as she turned to face the other side. “I put everything at risk, throwing everything away just for you, for us!” I raised my voice slightly.

“But you, just stood here knowing that this would eventually gave me pain in my heart but you did it anyway!” I couldn’t hold it in. I loved her too much and I can’t accept the fact that she’s not mine. Minhee will always be my baby no matter what they say.

“I told you! I’m doing this for us! Don’t you think you’re the only one that is putting everything at risk?! Chundoong my life is on danger, my family’s life is on danger and you’re the cause of it! Can’t you get it?!” She yelled back. Tears were flooding her cheeks as the rained down.

“Mwo-mwoh?” I stuttered at the sudden outburst. She harshly wiped away her tears and pushed me aside as I was taken off guard. “Minhee, what-what do you mean?” tears uncontrollably falls down her cheeks.

“My family is on risk and you’re the main problem! YOU CHUNDOONG! YOU!” She shouted as she points her finger on me. “Just stay away from me if you wished to see me alive!” She said again before exiting to the school parking lot.

“Minhee!” I shouted again and tried to catch up with her. “Minhee, is it Dara who is doing this?” She remained silence she didn’t even look at me. “Minhee!” I shook her slightly which made more tears ran down her cheek.

“Doongie please. We can work this out right? Just slowly forget me. Date someone who can be better than I am.” Her voice cracked and she turned to face the opposite side not meeting my gaze.

“Minhee, you will always stay with me. Stay in my heart at least. I just can’t live on like this knowing that you suffer. I’ll talk to Dara and let her deal with this whole thing between us.” I said as I caressed her cheek. “I miss you jakiya. It’s our anniversary. We should be happy right?”

“Oh yuk!” A voice lingers in the air. We turned to see who owned the voice and only to find it was my sister. “Minhee have you forgotten?” She said as she glares at Minhee. Minhee whimpered and looked away.

“Noona! Why are you doing this?” I said as I stood in front of Minhee protecting her from Dara.

“Simple. I hate her.” She said carelessly.

“You know how much I love her! You know how every night I cried because of her. I missed her and you know that I am breaking down inside! I told you everything but.. But I didn’t know you stabbed me like this. I thought you were the best noona anyone could ever have. I thought you would support me no matter what!” I yelled not caring about anything anymore.

“Doongie. That’s enough please.” Minhee pleaded as she tugged my sleeves. She was still crying and scared seemed to fill her eyes. I knew she was terrified.

“NO! Minhee I love you. No matter what it is, not even my sister can break us.” Dara’s eyes widen as I looked at her. “Just stop threatening her noona! Please, for me!” I begged.

“Doongie~” Minhee cringed onto my sleeve.

“Just let it go Minhee. She needs to know we love each other and not even she can break this.” I said firmly.

Dara sighed and looked at Minhee. “Fine. You are gonna regret this Chundoong!” She said as she turned around on her heels and walked away.

“Doongie!” Minhee smacked my arms knowing that her family would be the victim.

“DARA! IF YOU HURT HER FAMILY I WILL HURT MYSELF AND YOU WILL LOSE ME!” I shouted I knew it was loud enough for her to hear it.

“She won’t.” Minhee said as she giggled slightly. “I just wanna see if you really love me.” She looked at me in the eyes and smiled. That old smile of her which always makes me goes nuts! I pinched her cheeks as I heard laughter and I know who it was, Dara.

“NOONA!” I screamed as I ran to her and playfully smack her hand.

“Don’t blame me. Blame Minhee!! It's her plan!” She said through her laughter.

“Mianhae yeobo.” She giggled and wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheeks. “Happy 4 year and 3 months anniversary baby. Saranghae~” She whispered in my ears as she hugged me.

“Nado saranghae jakiya.”

 

---

END! ^^