FINAL

Locked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Friday night. 

There are different kinds of sounds that can be heard inside the club where you work.  Glasses clinking, people yelling at each other, loud and crazy rock music from the band that performs at club EXIT almost every day.

You walked carefully as you balance yourself with two trays with about five – six glasses filled with alcohol in it, as you make your way towards the crowd of drinking, dancing, jumping, and singing people.  You put down the drinks on their respective tables and went to check your watch.  1:00AM. It is time for you to take your lunch or dinner, not really sure how you would call it anymore.

“Yoojin-ah!  I’ll be on break!”  You shouted to your co-worker – as you walk towards the employee exit of the bar, finally getting an escape from hell – or in other words, work.  You took a deep breath as soon as you’re out of the club, feeling the fresh air hit your skin.  You walk fast towards the convenience store nearby to grab a sandwich and a bottle of soda, and immediately retreating to the rear exit of the club, since you were only given 30 minutes to enjoy your break.

You tried sitting on your favorite spot just beside the rear door of the club; however, someone else took your spot.  You crunch your nose when you figured out who the person is.

Nam Taehyun.

Taehyun is the blonde pianist of WINNER, the boy band that performs in club EXIT almost every day.  You won’t deny that he’s cute; however, he is one hell of a diva.  He rarely smiles; he rolls his eyes almost all the time, and brushes his hair confidently whenever he passes by, all those y stuff.  You always wonder why this guy catches the attention of half the ladies in the bar, knowing he has a grumpy attitude.  Oh well, you remember your friend answering you when you asked her why she likes this diva; “He is mysterious and it makes him y AF.”  You rolled your eyes at the thought and proceeded in walking towards him slowly, as you try your best to think on how you will make him leave your spot politely.

As soon as you’re in front of him, Taehyun didn’t even glance at you.

”Hey,” You mumbled nervously as you take a sight of him, puffing a cigarette against his mouth.  He looked at you and eyed you from head to foot.

“What do you want?”  He mumbled grumpily and you sighed.  Such an .

“That is my spot whenever I take my break, and I don’t have much time, so would you mind leaving?”  You said, failed to sound polite at all.

“You can ask nicely.”  He rolled his eyes at you and didn’t budge.

“Actually that was the plan; however, I don’t think you deserve it the way you responded to me.”  You said ears flaring and unable to control your temper.  He let out a sigh, before standing up and with one last huff on his cigarette he threw it in the bin, before puffing the cigar smoke against your face.

“Hey!  What are you doing you idiot!”  You shouted after coughing a few times and since your vision was clouded by smoke, you didn’t get to see him walk out of you so you mumbled a strong “ you, Taehyun!” to get some sort of revenge.  When the smoke was totally gone and you got your breathing back to normal, you sighed loudly and checked your watch, 1:15am.

“Just great.”  You cursed under your breath and began eating your food fast to avoid going over break since your boss wouldn’t appreciate that.  You got back inside the club and began getting orders, delivering orders, cleaning tables, etc.  After about three more exhausting hours, you are finally out of work and you cannot be more thankful because it is going to be your day off tomorrow.

“Yoojin-ah!  I’ll see the day after tomorrow!”  You kissed her cheek and you walked your way towards the employee’s lounge and about to grab your stuff from your locker when you hear loud noises from one of the rooms, WINNER’s room.  These boys may be drinking a lot again with occasional drugs on the side.  That is how they are whenever their performance ends, they stay inside their guest room, drink, smoke, have fun.  Some of them manage to go home sober, but most of them never even make it to the couch and ended up sleeping on the floor.  You shook your head before leaving the club and walk yourself home.

You can see a few people already on the road to start their day, while you; you’re just about to sleep.  You sighed as you lightly kick one of the tin cans that blocked your way when you heard a sound of a loud but low grunt.  You brushed it off, thinking that it might just be a product of your imagination.  However, when you heard a wail, you immediately turned your head around and tried to find out where the sounds are coming from.  You walked forward, hearing the noise becoming louder and louder as you walk nearer and nearer towards the next street.  You turned left, which is a dead end, and saw a blonde boy on his back, gripping his head a bit too tight while continuously grunting and screaming in pain.  You gasped when you recognized who the person is through the dim light coming from rising sun.

“TAEHYUN!”  You shouted in surprise and ran towards the boy.  He glanced at you for a few seconds before screaming again and now laying on his side on the cold floor.

“What is happening to you, Taehyun-ah? “  You held his limp body and caress his back, trying to ease the pain that he is experiencing.  Your mind is in whirlwind thinking what could have been this boy’s problem.  You are thinking that he is inside their room in the club but here he is, obviously in deep pain.  His screams drop a bit but that didn’t stop him from gripping his head and that scared the hell out of you.

“I- I will call an ambulance, just hang in there, okay?”  You asked stuttering and voice hoarse for some weird reason.  You let him go to grab your phone from your bag but he stopped you immediately, raising his arms to hold your wrist.

“N-no, do no call an ambulance.”  He mumbled softly.  Your eyebrows creased in total confusion. “Why?  You are in deep pain, Taehyun, now is not the time to be a brat or a diva!”  You shouted at him unintentionally, however, you just can’t believe him acting like he is used to even though he is in deep pain.

“No, ___________, I don’t need to be in the hospital, j-just t-take me home.  Please.”  He begged, holding your wrists tighter as he tried to calm himself down and forget about the excruciating pain in his head.  You stared at him for a few seconds, thinking if you should follow him or not.

“Please, ________, j-just help me get home, I-I will be alright.  I don’t need to be in the hospital, ________, p-please.”  He growled when the pain retreated, making him grip his head again, releasing your wrists in the process.  You tensed and felt nervous again.

“Arasseo, I’ll take you home.  Let me get you up.”  You circle his arms on your shoulders, attempting to help him stand up, however, he’s just too tall for you, so he tried his best to stand up on his own instead, while you grip his arm securely.  Luckily, you know where he’s currently residing because it’s just about two blocks before yours.

“Just hang in there, Tae, okay?” You mumbled and he nodded as you began walking at a slow pace.  It took about 15 minutes for the two of you to reach Taehyun’s house, which normally takes just 5 minutes from the street where you came from.  You lay him on the couch, carefully, as he propped himself comfortably.  He is not gripping his head anymore, and his face seemed to be more relaxed, but you can still see the sweat forming on his forehead and the crease on his eyebrows.  His hands and legs are still shaking, indicating how tired and pained he was.

“Okay, so… now that we’re here, what do you need?  Do you have medicines?”  You asked; trying to sound a little less concerned.

“It’s at the kitchen counter, the container is color red.”  He grunted and you rushed to get the medicine, opened the fridge to grab a bottle of water, and then went back to the living room.

“How many of these do you need?”  You asked him while you open the medicine bottle.  He gestured five using his fingers.

“FIVE?  Seriously?”  You asked in disbelief and he just nodded.  You started taking out five capsules from the medicine container, confusion flooding your head as to why he would be needing five capsules of this medicine to be drank in one go.

“Here, sit up.”  You helped him sit up, taking the medicines to his mouth two at a time, and helped him drink his water before slumping on the couch again, arms above his head.  You sat on the floor and just looked at his wrecked state.  After a few minutes of contemplating if you will be asking him what happened or why was he sick, you’ve decided to ask him because your curiosity is already at its peak.

“What happened to you earlier, Taehyun?  Why were you lying on the street floor and in so much pain?  Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter