final

Because It's You

I keep getting scared because I love you.
I worry that you might get farther if I get closer.
So I can’t even talk like a fool.


"LET'S PLAY SOCCER TODAY!" I’m in a neighbor that has six friends around my age. Ever since the first time I moved here, three of them already here. The other two were following behind me, around one until four months after I moved here.

There are six of us, Chae Hyungwon, Shin Hoseok, Im Changkyun, Lee Jooheon, Yoo Kihyun, and Yoo Yeonju. I’m not saying that Kihyun and Yeonju is sibling. They are not, but their fathers are. They call us, with some different name.

So I’m here, standing with the ball below my feet. “I will win from you all, let’s see.” And the game started as soon as I said that. The ball moves so fast, from one foot to another like there was nothing between them. There was only us with air, we were flying high.

As for the result, of course my team won. I got advantage cause Yeonju wasn’t in my team since she plays worst. But believe me, even she is a girl that has below skill from us, she is the best soccer player in our school’s girls-team. She is the leader.

Once again believe me that she’s not a feminine one, sometime I feel sorry toward her. Maybe it’s because even she was still fetus, she befriended with us and tada, we made her like that. We also feel sorry for her family.

We’re sorry for turning her into a boyish girl.

Hahaha, lol. Why so serious she never complained to us tho.

High-fiving Hoseok and Kihyun, “See, I told you that we’ll win.” Jooheon, Changkyun, and Yeonju are sighing in disappointed. “Maybe next next time you guys will win, but not now.”

“Agreed!” all of us are laughing, we are here against the world together.

2016

I take my luggage from the airport-luggage wrapping-machine. Strolling down with me, I wonder if my neighbor is still the same with those five silly buddies. “CHAE HYUNGWON!” there I found four grown up men, without a woman. Where’s Yeonju?

I wave at them, “How was Japan?” Hoseok asks first, opening the conversation between five of us. “Is that nice? Like those pictures on tumblr?” Hoseok is now a photographer. Successful tumblr photographer even he is a freelancer.

“Yeah, how was Japan? Tell us your story back there~” Kihyun. He is a musical actor that has girls lined up for this consider as petite guy. I mean, he is the shortest among us.

“Did you buy some souvenir for us?” Jooheon. Last time I know that he got kick out from his part-time job and now is an underground rapper that got known for his unique skill and aegyo for the same time.

“Yeah, souvenir souvenir!!” Changkyun. This 4D kid now is a webtoon’s author. With his skill on drawing art and outstanding story he can put in his drawing, he got known well inside or outside Korea.

“Wait guys,” I put my palms up, “I need to breathe first before get a bomb with you all’s statements.”

 “Fine.” They take a one step behind. “Go ahead.”

“Japan was great. Yeah some of the places are kind of similar with those tumblr’s photos. I bought you all souvenir. Now, let’s go. I’m tired you know.” I place my hand on Jooheon’s shoulders. “Anyway, how—“

“Of course it’s Hoseok’s car.” Changkyun cuts my words. “Also he’s driving tho.”

“And, Yeonju…?”

“Yeonju is…” they look at each other.

I raise my eyebrow. “Yeonju is?”

“Yeonju…” my heartbeat increase. Don’t tell me something bad happened to her while I’m away. “Don’t worry.” I pull out a confuse expression, “She is just sleeping in the car saying that she’s really tired from doing her work.” I let out sigh.

“Why are you so worried tho?”

“Because, she is my friend?” I tilt my head to the side. “So, are we going right now or nah?” the others nod their heads and walk to the car.


There’s a secret between us.

A secret that no one could know.

“How?” she shows us her wedding dress. She gets all of us hanging our mouths open. She is really beautiful.


2005

He looks at her like there is no tomorrow so I am just laughing. She is really funny. Someone who can light up the mood like Jooheon and Changkyun do. I mean, she is the only girl between us, how can she become really funny like that?

She is the only girl I close to.

She is the only—“So, I know it.” She is stepping outside the room and all of our eyes get straight to one person. “Shin Hoseok, you like her don’t you?”

Shin Hoseok.

Hoseok.

Shin Ho. “Wah really?!” I’m only smiling at them as silly as I can. “Someone like almighty Shin Hoseok likes a silly girl like Yeonju?” the others are teasing him and he keeps refusing even though we already knew the fact that he likes Yeonju.

Just one step below me.

He keeps shaking his head saying that he doesn’t like her.

Maybe because of one thing, he knew the fact that I like her. “You like her don’t you? Wah~  finally, someone as silly as Yeonju got someone who crushing her!” I act like it’s not something important to me.

I act like I don’t like her as natural as I can.

And Yeonju comes back to our room.

“Wah, what were you guys talking about? I feel like I’m something unimportant here~” she teases us, and we only laugh at her joke. All of us laugh. I tell you, like there is no tomorrow.

She is so beautiful.


It’s one in the dawn. She should have been home by now but I don’t hear any door getting open, all I can hear is the rain outside the window. I keep getting worried at her. She is a girl next door, I should have could hear all of the voice since six of us have one connection door for each walls.

And her wall is right on my left yet I can’t hear any voice come out.

Ah, I should go outside.

I take my coat, go outside with an umbrella on my hand.

I run, run, run. Until I arrive at her course place, “Hyungwon! What are you doing in this heavy rain?” she steps down from the stair.

Gulps. “I was just…walking around…” I answer her as silent as I can. “But, since I passed this place,” I give her my umbrella. “Bring umbrella later, it’s raining season.” And I walk away. With my hood on my head.

Ha.

Ha ha…you’re brave enough Chae Hyungwon!


2010

I drive my car as fast as I can.

5th Floor Buddies
Kihyeonie:
WAH CONGRATULATION FOR YEONJU
Heoney: What is she doing?
Kkukkungie: Is she got a boyfie?
Kkukkungie: Then Shinho?
Shinho: I’m not her boyfie duh -_-
Chaewon: ???
Kihyeonie: YEONJU GOT A BOYFIE HYUNGWON WE SHOULD CONGRATULATE HER!!
Chaewon: Yeah, and…?

That time I was just driving down the street, looking at my Samsung Galaxy S that has Kakaotalk there. I was planning to buy some foods because I was really hungry.

And my phone vibrated again.

5th Floor Buddies
YooYeonnie:
guys
Heoney: yep girl?
Kkukkungie: HEYYYYY hOW waS YOUR DATE?
YooYeonnie: its cold here, and I saw him
Chaewon: then?
YooYeonnie: he was kissing with Seunghee

And I turned my car’s steer.

But I’m late even I already drove my car as soon as possible and even though the street wasn’t crowded.

I’m late. Hoseok already there with her.


5th Floor Buddies
Shinho:
wait there. I’ll catch you, I’m near.
Kihyeonnie: WOW MY CAUSIN’S HERO IS THERE!

Once again I’m late.

So, I just sit inside the car. Watching them alone and getting angry with myself.

Why can’t I say that I like her?


Again I’m late.

“I, Yoo Yeonju, take you, Shin Hoseok, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law, and this is my solemn vow.”

Can I say that you’re cruel?

Can I say that I’m coward?


AUTHOR'S NOTE

i still cant accept that Deoksun's husband is Taek...............................i'm so into Junghwan i cant resist seeing taek and deoksun together-,,,-