FIN

Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, then stop."

The giddy butterflies in my stomach instantly died. The way he stared at me felt like I'm some horrid painting that no one ever wanted. This is also the first time he used his infamous dismissive tone on me, and I couldn't help but to cringe.

"You made me choose," he continued. "And I say you should stop this nonsense."

I looked down, wondering why he's being like this. I hope the ground would swallow me up from this painful embarrassment. I couldn't imagine the changes that'll happen if this is going to end now.

He clicked his tongue, a habit of his when he's beginning to lose patience.

Another trait of him that I unbelievably love.

I reached for my left ear, massaging the earlobe just to calm my frantic nerves. The wave of nausea slowly overwhelmed me.

"Are you just going to stand there like a lamp post? Because I'm going to be late for my practice and you're wasting my time."

Without caring about how ugly I look when I cry, I looked up to glare at him. My heart pounded hard against my chest, anger flooding in. "Wasting your time?" I scoffed; my lips formed a bitter smile. "You actually had the guts to tell me that I'm wasting your freaking time?"

I smacked a paper bag on his chest. He flinched yet his body didn't move. I was a bit surprised when he crouched down to take the bag, a confused expression written all over his face.

Inside the paper bag was a plushie toy and a love letter I made last night.

And maybe this is my last gift for him.

"I'm sorry," I suddenly blurted as I blink back my tears. "The greatest gift you can give someone is your time," my lips were trembling, "because when you give y-your time, you are g-giving a portion of your life t-that you will never get back."

Lastly, I glanced at him, remembering every detail of his face before leaving this all behind.

Before giving up on him.

He's the only thing I want, yet the so-called fate hates me so much.

No need to be surprised in that.

This is where it all ends.

I heaved a deep shuddering breath before walking away, thoughtless of how to mend my broken heart.

 

 

Like most girls, I am head-over-heels-in love with Oh Sehun, the resident bad boy in our school. Although he is the youngest in his own group of friends, he always involves himself into fist-fights and riots because he is naturally rebellious.

His enigmatic aura was intriguing, like I wanted to be trapped by him; he is the hunter and I'm his prey.

I know it sounds stupid but that was my heart talking, not my brain.

Inside my room, different Polaroid pictures of Sehun covered every wall. He's been a close friend of mine but falling in love with him was beyond my control.

Taking out another photo from my wallet, I went to my study table to get a double-sided tape.

I sighed because of this heavy feeling in my heart.

I wrote as a caption on the picture was, "My last gift" and then pasted it on the wall.

I feel so weak. I won't be able to move on if I would keep on sulking about him. So I fished out my phone from my pocket and dialed my friend's number.

Sighs. Good luck to me.

---

Chaining my bike into place, I sighed in satisfaction as I slung my bag on one shoulder.

A peaceful morning to start my day!

The hood of my jacket fell, revealing the new color and style of my hair; cotton candy pink and layered cut.

I also wore light make up that somehow made a big change in my features.

Yes. I did a total make-over.

Even though I couldn't change the fact that I'm still hurt about what happened between me and Sehun, at least changing my look would be a first step in this new journey.

I can move on, little by little.

"Hyerin?"

I froze. That familiar voice immediately made my skin crawl.

Why now?

I honestly don't want to deal or see him at the moment so I did an erratic move; I walked away like I didn't hear him.

"Wait," he said. Then I heard footsteps behind me. Crap. "I know it's you, Hyerin."

I tried to walk faster as he continued, "Even if you changed the color of your hair, I still know it's you."

I forced myself to ignore him. Keep walking, Hyerin.

"And that bracelet around your left wrist," his voice seeped with mischievousness. "There is only one girl in my life who wears that kind of accessory."

I eventually realized that I was biting my lip so hard because of anxiousness when I tasted blood.

I stopped just to touch my lips and it stung a bit. "Aish," I mumbled to myself. Suddenly, Sehun appeared in front of me and placed his index finger under my chin to tilt my head up.

Although my mouth was itching to rant on him, I had to admit, my stomach cartwheeled in joy when I noticed his gaze landed on my lips.

He said I should stop, right? And that's what I'm trying to do.

But nobody told me that this is going to be harder than I thought.

He casted me a look while taking out a handkerchief from his pocket and carefully patted my lips with it.

My brows met in annoyance and I slapped his hands away. "Leave me alone."

His expression looked hurt but he quickly hid it with a smile. "I'm just concern."

"I don't care."

He snorted and shook his head. The sight of him makes me want to slap and kiss him at the same time.

My feels are getting delirious.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I need to go." I bumped his shoulder on purpose before walking away, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him, our faces merely a few inches away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter