The First and Last

Before My Last Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Kwon you, and I have cancer, specifically Leukemia since I was 12, and I’ve been fighting for almost 9 years. At first I thought I was just lacking blood, but then they started to do weird things to me like what they call chemotherapy, it was VERY painful, the most painful pain I ever felt in my whole life, ever since that chemotherapy started I stopped going to school, cut off all my ties with my friends because I was so embarrassed on how I look, bald, pale, almost lifeless, being in a wheelchair, it’s painful for me if my friends sees me and pity me as if I’m going to die like every other nurse looks at me.

Now I am 22, still on going with the chemotherapy, but now it includes radiation which is very tiring, and of course I’m still bald but my skin condition in my head is like dry, itchy and red that looks like it’s going to burst blood soon. I often sleep after the chemotherapy but the worst thing that happened to me is I keep on vomiting, I lose a lot of weight, and I don’t have an appetite at all.

I even asked my mom if chemotherapy still works because every session that I do it just makes me weaker, and it pains me if I see my mom so worried about me, I just want to die. I don’t want to burden my mom with all the problems that I had caused her. It was my fault for not taking care of my self. I just want to die.

“Your wish will be here soon”

The Foundation Wish Department told me.

I literally smiled from ear to ear when I heard that! One benefit of having a severe cancer is you always get what you want. I mean yeah, but only once, since I’m not pretty stupid to waste my wish going to Disney Land I just saved it when I know it’s time, and this is it! I will see INFINITE.

I had my last chemo for today and all I will do is to rest and wait for my wish in my room. My palms are getting cold because as the time goes by the shorter the time that they will arrive, the TFWD told me that they just arrived in Incheon so it will take 4 hours to arrive in the hospital so I just have to wait.

My mother tried to feed my but I can’t since my stomach hurts so bad and I keep vomiting, I don’t know why, and I feel like I’m lacking of air since last week but I don’t want to burden my mom about it so I just kept it a secret.

It’s 6:45PM and they are not here yet, I feel kind of hopeless maybe they forgot that they have a cancer patient that’s going to die anyway is waiting for them. I frowned and tears started to form in my eyes, feeling really sad.

My favorite nurse saw me and kneeled down to check on me

“Are you hurt you?”

She asked me, I shook my head and wiped my tears before anyone could see.

And suddenly, the door opened and people from the hospital, especially the nurses that took care of me, including my mom went inside holding a yellow balloon with a light inside and a design of INFINITE.

I smiled so wide and my breaths are heavy enough for me to cry. I thought they forgot about me

I sniffed while looking at them one by one, observing their smiles, the smiles I want to see for so long, and the smile I want to see from everyone, the smile of happiness.

As all of them formed a line, infinite goes in, wearing their airport fashion clothes I guess since they were in the airport a while ago. They were walking towards my bed; each one of them holds 3 roses that were pink, red, and yellow. They were so beautiful!

First Sunggyu oppa gave me the rose and after kissing my hand and same routine follows to the rest, my vision got burry since I was so happy and overwhelmed to the effort that they’re doing.

“Now, you we’re going to sing your favorite song”

Sunggyu oppa told me, I nodded my head cheerfully and wiped my tears.

They danced Be Mine. It feels like my heart is going to explode in happiness. I don’t know how to put it in words. They were all charismatic, they were all sincere on what they’re doing, and take note, and they’re singing it live for ME. The nurses and my mom were so happy that the performance that we clapped our hands as a sign of appreciation.

After the dance, they pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter