Final

Deck of Cards

Slow Bear

There are times where I questioned myself about Seulgi. Is she really the dense bear that everybody says that she is or is she so laid back that she don't give much thoughts about trivial things. We were in the waiting room for one of the music shows and there was a knock on the door. Three heads popped in: Kai, Sehun, & Chen from EXO. We greeted each other and separate conversations started to go off. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kai gave Seulgi a box which seems like a box of cupcakes. I pouted and involuntarily scowled.  

"Wendy? Did I say something wrong?"

I shook my head and focused my attention back to Chen. I think he said something about having another duet. They left when the stage manager told us that we're about to be up next. I walked over to Seulgi and straighten the back part of her hair.

"What did Kai gave you?"

"Huh? Oh, just some cupcakes that he made for our goodbye stage today."

We headed towards the stage and our manager was trying to help put on the rest of our mikes. The curiosity was getting to me so I had to ask. 

"Do you think Kai likes you?" 

"What? No way! It's just a friendly gesture."

"I think he does. The cupcakes looks good though."

"Your cupcakes is the best so it doesn't matter." Seulgi dragged me up to the stage and I couldn't smiling like the dumb dumb mannequin that we were singing about. 

 
"Seulgi is really popular, huh?" 

"What?" Irene leaned in and whispered into my ear. 

"Everybody loves her, girls and guys alike. I mean who wouldn't? I bet someone close to us likes her too."


I frowned and the million gears in my head started to wind. Thoughts of who might like Seulgi and too many candidates come into mind: our label mates Kai, Krystal & sunbae Kyuhyun to roughly name a couple. The new rookie boy and girl groups, surely most of them do. Math is easier to calculate than this. That attractive bear should really just hibernate though. 

"Right.." 

"I wonder if Seulgi is really the slow one or you, Wendy. Just tell her." 

Irene walked away to look for the maknaes. Sometimes, she would makes me question myself if she's really 25 stuck with a 5 years old mentality. 


 

"Seulgi?"

She looked at me, just for a little bit to let me know that her attention is away from her sketchbook.

"Do you like or have a crush on anyone?"

"I do."

"Who is it?"

"Can't tell you."

"Why not?!" Seulgi went back to her drawings and I know that was the end of the discussion but I ain't having it. 

"Tell me! Kang Seulgi!"

"No! Why do you want to know so bad?"

"I'm your best friend! I should know who you like!"

"Then who do you like?"

"I don't like anybody." 

"You're lying."

Am I lying? No, I'm not. I don't like anybody, I don't think? The only person that have been-

"..occupying my mind is you, stupid bear." Oops.

"Wow. Tell me how you really feel, Wan."

 

House Of Cards

There was only silence, for a while now actually. Neither one of us said anything. I think it's because we don't know what to say. The ceiling slowly started to feel like I can put my hands up and touch it, like its closing in. 

"Seulgi?"
 

"Yeah, Wan?"

"What are you thinking?"

"I don't know. You?"

"Us, only us."

"What about us?"

"I don't know."

I turned to face her to see that her hands are also up, reaching out but I'm not sure if the ceiling is closing in on her or getting farther away. 

"Is there an 'us'? "

Silence again but now it feel like its suffocating, almost. My question remained unanswered but I think I'm okay with it. I have to be. 

"I just want to lay here, next to you. I just want to hold your hands. Is that an 'us'?" 

I look at Wendy again and this time, we have eye contact where I can see the one thing I need to see: love. I moved closer to her, just close enough for me to smell the subtle sweet perfume that she always use. Our love is unstable. Our feelings on a whim but it works for us until we come crashing down with a slight disturbance that is. 

Like a house of cards. 

"Yes."

 

 

Let's Run Away

 

"Let's run away, Wan-ah."

Wendy dropped the spoon of vanilla extract into her mixing bowl while Seulgi tries to stop herself from laughing out loud. 

"Where did that come from?" 

"Like come on! You never once imagine just dropping everything and just run away? Not once?" 

Seulgi looked at Wendy with her dreamlike eyes which Wendy couldn't help but to pinch her lover's cheeks and marking it with flour. Seulgi poked her tongue out at Wendy.

Wendy thought of running away several times before but she never once come close enough to actually do it. Running away to your neighbor's house because your mom didn't let you have desserts before dinner hardly counts, right?

"I would take you with me if I run away." Wendy smiled and rolled her eyes at her lover. 

"Oh yeah? And where would you take us, dumb bear?"

"Wherever you want. Where do you want to go, Wendy?"

Wendy decided to humor Seulgi since she can tell the girl is bored with just looking at her bake, like Wendy would ever let her near her baking supplies or even remotely help in the kitchen. Their manager told them if another house fire happens, the repairs coming out of their paychecks. Seulgi took out her sketchbook. 

"Somewhere not busy, maybe in the countryside? Is that okay?"

"Yeah, we can have like a little cottage or something." 

"Haha, maybe not a cottage but a simple house? With a patio in the front?" 

Seulgi nodded her head quickly as if she totally agree to what Wendy is saying. 

"Are we gonna keep our names or changing it up?" 

"Teddy Bear would be nice for you." 

Wendy chuckled as she set the timer for her muffins after she popped them into the oven. 

"So you're going to be Goldilocks? To be honest, I like you better with dark hair. Even though, the blue eyes and blonde hair makes you look like a white American." 

"I like my black hair too so no Goldilocks. No name change. 'Seulgi' fits you." 

"So far, we're running away to the countryside with a nice simple house. Oh! I forgot: jobs. What kind of job do you want?" 

"Besides being a singer? Not sure. Maybe, music teacher? Librarian? You?"

"I don't know either but as long as I come home to you, I would be happy. Hopefully with dinner on the table?" 

Wendy knocked Seulgi on the head as she positioned herself behind Seulgi.

"Who says that I'm gonna be the stay at home wife?" 

"Do you really want me in the kitchen, making dinner for you when you come home?"

Wendy laughed but shook her head furiously. She peeked over Seulgi's shoulder and saw that she had draw their dream house in her sketchbook. She wondered when or if she can really run away with Seulgi in the countryside where she don't have to worry about schedules and what everybody else thinks. It's nice to think about. 



Seulgi was having a really nice dream, filled with Pringles and Wendy's muffins but it was rudely disrupted because someone keep shaking her arm.

"I have no schedule! Let me eat Pringles!"

The shaking wouldn't stop so the hibernating bear finally woke up and was blessed to see Wendy's smiling face.

"What is it, Wendy? We BOTH don't have any schedule so lemme sleep..."

"Seulgi, let's run away." 




"Joy. Yeri. Where is the jobless duo?" 

"Wendy-unnie said that she's running away with Seulgi."

"What. Joy, is that true? " 

"Yeah, they ran away into the sunrise. Irene-unnie, are you okay? You're more pale than usual." 

"This is so coming out of our paychecks."

 

There! Thanks for reading and so happy not this won't rot in my notes on my phone, lol.