you're the cure, you're the pain

good morning, sunshine

 

 

It was always like this with him. Even with the bright, sunny rays that seep through the open blinds she left open deliberately and the loud, barking noise from the neighbourhood dogs – he seems to have no problem sleeping through them all.

Yerim steps out of the bathroom, dressed only in her robe with her hair up high in a messy bun and a can of shaving cream in one hand. She exhales loudly when she sees that he is still buried deep under the covers – only strands of hair peeking out of the white sheets.

Yerim bites the inside of her cheek and quietly climbs onto the bed next to him. When poking and shoving still doesn’t seem to have any effect on him, she shakes the shaving cream can loudly and grins mischievously.

Jungkook-ah,” she calls out in a sing-song voice. “I’m going to count to three and if you still refuse to wake up, you’re the one who has to clean this mess up later.”

He stirs a little at the sound of her voice, yet his eyes still remained closed as he pulls the cover tighter around his body.

Yerim uncaps the shaving cream and starts to shake the can even more vigorously, as she inches closer to his face and after silently counting to three; she sprays the white cream mercilessly onto his handsome, sleeping face.

Yah!” Jungkook awakens abruptly, obviously startled by the sudden cold moisture on his face. In his hurry to get up and escape Yerim’s stealthy attack, he falls down to the ground with a loud, painful thud.

She gasps in surprised and stops spraying immediately when she realises the damage she had caused. Not to mention, the sharp glint in his eyes as he rubs his back is enough to tell her that Jungkook is not going to let her off easy.

Yerim starts to back away to the edge of the bed when Jungkook stands up and climbs back on again, looking more than ready to seek revenge on her.

“I tried waking you up nicely but you just refused to!” she whines in protest, holding up both hands to wave off his forthcoming attack. “So I had to resort to other methods.”

Really? Methods which include my shaving cream?” he questions her menacingly as he wipes the last bit of the white foam with the sleeve of his shirt. “Methods which caused me to fall off the bed?” Jungkook crawls closer towards her and stops just inches away from her flushed face, stretching his arms out and placing both hands on the bed’s headrest. “Try and escape now,” he growls, voice still husky from sleep.

“But I just don’t want us to be late to Taehyung’s oppa wedding. You know he needs us to be there early,” Yerim attempts meekly, even though she knows it’s a pretty futile effort.

“Taehyung can wait,” Jungkook says lazily and lowers his two hands down to her sides. “Now…now you need to be – “

She bursts into a fit of giggles as she tries to wrench herself free from her boyfriend’s strong grip. Jungkook easily wraps his arms around her petite frame and lifts her up, changing their positions.

“Fight me,” he taunts her with a smirk. “You’ve always wanted to win me in wrestling anyway.”

Yerim lets out a loud gasp when he starts tickling her sensitive spot at her left side. “Jeon Jungkook! That’s cheating!”

She uses all the energy she could muster to try and fight off Jungkook’s almost effortless attacks, but her stamina can only last so long against him. She was about to succumb to defeat, when she feels him loosening his grip on her and Yerim takes the chance to pin both his arms down, shrieking in delight at her victory.

“One, two, three!” she counts hurriedly and pumps her fist up. “Yes, I win!”

Jungkook can only laugh in response as he shakes the bangs off his eyes and looks up at his girlfriend in amusement. “You do know I deliberately let you win, right?”

Yerim, with her messy bun and strands of hair sticking out of place, stares down at him with a huge grin plastered on her face and says, “I still won, regardless. Now get your lazy moving. We are already late.”

She swings her left leg off him and is about to get up, only to have Jungkook pulls her back down. He quickly pecks her on the cheek and softly whispers, “Good morning, sunshine” something he never fails to say every morning, before jumping out of bed and dashing straight into the toilet.

Yerim shakes her head in disbelief and heaves out a sigh of defeat. She may have won the little wrestling match, but today wasn’t just for today. Every morning with Jeon Jungkook is an on-going battle she’ll never win.

But still, she wouldn’t have it any other way.