My Dorothy

Dorothy

Are you dreaming of something else after letting go of my hand? Are you looking up at a higher happiness?

 

~

 

"Army??" She said in shock, the look on her face was something he wished he would never see in his life with her. The bag on her bed, another trip to another country. She was like his Dorothy, adventurous, naive of what's to come in the cruel world they both step on. 

 

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration as he refused to meet her gaze. "For two years?" She added in disbelief as she looked at him even if he refused to meet her gaze. The man she loved for so long, could easily break her heart by saying those words she feared to hear.

 

~

It’s like a tornado swallowed you up, because it was jealous of our peaceful relationship.

~

 

"I have to. You know the law. I know we're under a huge hurricane but know for a fact that its just two years." He insisted, trying to convince her that it was all right. He wasn't keen of the look on her face; the look of disbelief, disappointment, anger and every emotion that made her world crumble, his eyes witnessing every piece of her heart falling.

 

"Two years?! Two years?! Oppa, I haven't heard you say such words after all these time I was with you. It even pains me that I couldn't see you when you were so busy with your schedule!" She exclaimed, her hands curling into fists, her face looking quite crimson from the anger that bursted out like flames.

 

"I... I'm getting out of here." She said hurriedly, grabbing the bag on her bed and left without a goodbye.

 

~

Day or night, I can’t fall asleep

~

Weeks passed by, it was nearly time for him to go. She wasn't there to support his leave, giving him a heartache that he'd bring to his far ends in the army. 

 

Bidding farewell to his hyungs, his brothers whom he's been with for so long. His heart broke even more as he turned away and looked at the sky.

 

"My Dorothy, when will you stop from your strange journey..." He said with a sigh as he picked up his backpack, once again saying goodbye and headed to the gate. A piece of his heart wishing she was there to bid him goodbye silently died. There was no turning back.

~

 

Her tears fell as hard as the rain in Barcelona, bag in hand with a broken heart carried along. She thought she had left all the excess baggage her heart carried when she went to all these places, but guess what — She was terribly wrong.

 

The voice that used to be the music in her ears was nowhere to be found. Wherever she searched, there was nothing like it. Not even close. It was even harder for her to admit that she IS searching.

 

She watched the sky cry from that comfy seat inside the cafe, the coffee's aroma occasionally stealing her attention. It was just like any other day except there's no one to sit across the table. He wasn't there anymore. Once again, her heart sank so low she felt the need to pick it up.

 

Taking another deep breath with the mixture of a sigh that came from nowhere, she closed her eyes. She imagined he was there. That imagination turned into a distant memory. 

 

~

 

Waves. Crashing. Her hand against his as they walked through the sands of the beach. Her eyes blocked with a blindfold as they continued to walk towards her surprise.

 

Their first date, the beach, the kiss, it was all so new, but both of their feelings were true. The blindfold was taken, she opened her eyes, the color of the beach and the table in sight. It was cliche but it felt oh so right.

 

She turned to him with sparkling eyes, his heart fluttering as he saw the look on her face of happiness and awe. He smiled fondly at her let her go, let her play along the white sands of the beach.

 

She was gleeful, she was glowing, the smile reached from ear to ear. Her giggles were light as she turned to him, she grabbed his hand and let him join her little world of happiness.

 

She loved surprises, adventures too, but the look on her face was all too new. He enjoyed his time with his Dorothy, even a smile couldn't suppress itself from his lips.

 

He held her hand tightly, pulling her close to him. His Dorothy smiled up at him, her eyes full of wonder, fascination of the world. He leaned in slowly, his free hand lowering to her waist as her other hand rested on his cheek.

 

As the sun set, their lips met. Call it cliché but that was their first kiss as a couple. To them it was more than a kiss, it was a memento of their love.

 

~

Wouldn’t you get lost alone, without me? Wouldn’t you bite your lips and cry?

~

As she walked out of the cafe, her shoulderbag hanging loosely on her shoulder as she walked, her feet just wandering its way around the city. She wanted to hear his voice.

 

She wanted to hear his voice, when he talks, when he sings, when he laughs; she wanted that. She longed for him, but hearing those words about the army caught her off guard.

 

She didn't want him to leave, to leave her in her endless journey. She wanted him by her side, she didn't want him somewhere else. She'd be lost without him.

 

She looked up and saw the gray sky lightening up to white clouds. The weather was now joyful but as her eyes searched the place she realized... She was lost. She thought too much about her feelings that now she's lost. Lost in her feelings, lost in her thoughts, lost without him.

 

~

My love, my sky, my Dorothy. Now come back from your strange journey... Get on my tears and come back to me.

~

 

Her smile, her eyes, her figure, her personality. He loved every single part of her, he treasured it even. As he trained in the army, all he could think about was her, her, her. 

 

He had to focus, to come back home, back to his brothers, back to his family, back to his Dorothy. It was only two years after all, time was of the essence, he had to train, to be prepared and to come home. 

 

~

What if you fearlessly go too far and disappear? What if you forget all about me?

~

 

Days have passed, she was at another place. A new place, a new country, a new city. She walked around aimlessly, taking photos of the places she's been to. She was feeling a little lighter than the last time. She felt small joy bubbling inside her.

 

Fresh air, new people, new discovery. Another city crossed off her list in her journal. After a few more photos and a few more nights, she was off to another city. He was slowly disappearing in her head.

 

She wandered from city to city, mall to mall, tourist spot to tourist spot, hotel to hotel, adventure to another adventure. Her mind filling with all sorts of adventure, to which she was yet to accomplish.

 

~

If you look around, as if you’ve awakened from a long dream. You wouldn’t be able to let go of our dazzling days.

~

 

As her feet landed on familiar soil, she took a deep breath and started her new adventure. She headed from place to place, feeling as if she's been in the same place before.

 

She pushed open the glass door of a certain cafe. She was welcomed by the people as if they already knew her. Of course she would say hello and make small talk with them. 

 

She walked to a certain table, the surroundings filled with notes and pictures. As she finished giving her order she decided to take a good look around the cafe that seemed all too familiar to her.

 

She looked at the notes made by the people who came in the cafe and loved it. Her eyes then settled on what seemed to be her handwriting saying how she would love to come back as much as possible with... Him. 

 

Her eyes well up in small tears and looked at the photo behind the note. It was a picture of the two of them, smiling with what seemed to be ramen and some frappé that she seemed to love. 

She sniffles lightly as she caressed the photo with her smooth and slender fingers. Some stray tears falling its way down her cheeks. There. There she thought she would've forgotten about him as he left, but the memories were too loved, too treasured to be forgotten. 

 

She quickly wipes away her tears, her hand backing away from the picture. She cleared and straightened her posture before walking back to her table. She grabbed her hanky and wiped the tears away completely.

 

She fiddled with her fingers as she waited for her order to arrive. Her mind drifting back to her past with him. She adored every moment. She didn't think that she would be put off by the words he told her. She refused to let any more tears fall on her cheeks.

 

~

I can live forever for you, the one place you can rest in forever. My heart is your home, please come back.

~

 

Two years have passed, the years she refused to count as she continued to distract herself from reality and pushed herself to the limits of her fantasies.

 

She then finds herself in a restaurant and ordered some dish she didn't know too much about. She scrolled through her news feed and saw a certain article.

 

She started to read it out of curiosity, the topic was about Super Junior, she called them her oppas out of respect and adoration. She refused to call any of them by name.

 

She then read the last part saying that the members who were in the army had been released recently and will be back in the music industry a week after release. Her eyes welled up in tears as the news sunk in to her. He was back. He was coming home.

 

"Unnie? Are you okay?" A man asked as he looked at the weeping lady. She hid away from the man in embarrassment. "No–! Leave me alone." She croaked out as she tried to shy away from the man.

 

"You're not you when you're crying, have a tissue." The man said as he puts a box of tissue on the girl's table. She suddenly remembers that old corny joke he used to make. She looked up to see him with a bright smile and a chuckle lingering out of his lips.

 

"O-Oppa! You're back!" She exclaimed, throwing herself at him in shock and happiness. He chuckled and held her close. "I know... And I'm never leaving you ever again." He said, soothing her as she continued to sob on his shoulder.

 

His Dorothy met her Oz. Their hearts mending... They were home in each other's arms.