Love Yourself

Love Yourself: A Message From Me To You

 It was already close to midnight when Hye Jin had finished her homework. It was her first year in college, and unfortunately, it was completely different than what she had expected. Exams and homework were always right around the corner, leaving almost no room for any form of relaxation. She closed her laptop with a feeling of accomplishment and switched off the lights. She collapsed into the softness of her bed, letting out a small sigh. She rolled onto her side and groaned as she flung her arms into the air, giving them a well-earned stretch.

Despite her immense exhaustion, she lay wide awake, completely restless. The warm, stifling air inside her room didn’t help. She lay flat on her back, her eyes boring into the plain white ceiling that made a flimsy attempt to fabricate the endless pitch black sky that embraced the stars. Her restlessness allowed her exhausted mind to roam to the not-so-welcoming corners of her thoughts. In fact, due to the stress and struggles she had endured throughout the past few weeks, she realized that she didn’t even know what day it was. One assignment was due at this precise hour, while the exam followed the next day. It was as if she had lost track of the concept of time itself. She sighed softly and let the silence of the night devour the atmosphere.

She fidgeted with her phone and managed to turn it on, momentarily blinding herself. Once her eyes adjusted, she read the time. It was exactly twelve in the morning—indicating that a new day had already taken reign. She shut the phone off, letting the darkness swallow her once again. Then, all of a sudden, her phone vibrated once, twice, thrice. She fumbled in the dark and seized her phone, letting out a meager curse. Who was calling at such a time?

It was Jungkook. An unconscious grin sprouted across her lips. She felt her cheeks flush immediately as she answered the call. It had been over two years—nearly three—since they had begun to date. And still, every single conversation with him was novel, exhilarating, breathtaking, intoxicating. Sure, the long distance relationship thing was a bit troublesome, but it was bearable. She wouldn’t dare have anyone else. She accepted the skype call eagerly.

“Babe,” came the sleep drugged voice from the other side.

“It’s three in the afternoon for you, shouldn’t you be at school?” Hye Jin questioned with a quiet chuckle.

“Mm... nope. We had the day off," he paused and stifled another yawn. "Do you know what day today is?" His voice was a bit clearer this time as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

Dark brown locks of hair sprouted from his head in the classic bedhead look, adorned with messy bangs that he lazily tried to style to the side. Large bags lurked under his tired eyes, to the point where they seemed to dominate his features. It was adorable in a way, everything that made up the masterpiece that was Jeon Jungkook. The boy sat with his back positioned against a few pillows, draped in a stylish black hoodie. He gazed into the camera with a heartwarming, yet drowsy smile. Then an ocean of lethargic light flooded into the room, automatically triggering a small groan to escape his lips as he shielded his eyes with his arm. He proceeded to then rub at his chin, picking at a bruise that seemed a few days old. It was a strange habit of his, something he usually did when he was nervous.

His skin was marked with scars and bruises—the most visible one being the scar that embellished his left cheek. The subtle imperfections were just another reason that Hye Jin loved him; he was a flawless guy with flaws. He cocked his head to the side like a curious pup, scratched his nose for a brief second, and proceeded to tap the screen, impatiently waiting for an answer. He was literally a child trapped in the body of a twenty-year-old. Hye Jin’s mouth formed a shocked ‘o’ as she blinked twice, pulling herself out of her trance. She tried to recall what he had even asked her. The boy’s beauty had bewitched her once again. There was an innocent laugh from the other side.

“Babe, what day is it today?” he repeated, a playful smile roaming among his lips.

“Huh? Uh… Tuesday? Wednesday in Korea?” Hye Jin mumbled softly, slyly angling the camera away from her features. The call had caught her off guard and she had no time to tame her hair, which looked like that of a rag doll.

He laughed softly and shook his head, motioning for her to turn the camera back to her face.

“You’re beautiful no matter what, princess. On another note, I have something for you before you head to bed.”

“What is it?” she asked with a scoff, hoping he was unable to discern her flushed face in the dark.

“Plus, it’s Wednesday. Today marks our third year. Eight fights, ten days without talking, and a thousand and ninety-five days spent thinking about you,” he said the last part with a cheesy chuckle. He then covered his face with his hands and proceeded to peek at the screen from in-between his fingers.

Hye Jin stared blankly at the screen—frankly speaking, she had not expected this. She knew their anniversary was coming up, but she had thought that it was either tomorrow or the following day. She gave a hearty, full laugh, trying to pretend that she had been completely aware of their anniversary date.

“Jungkook—”

“You forgot, right? It’s okay, princess,” he crooned with an enchanting smile.

“No, of course, I didn't," she managed to blurt quickly, making it obvious that she indeed, had forgotten.

He looked at her, grinning that charming smile that lit up her entire universe. Her cheeks flushed again, and her heart began to beat even faster. She wanted to say more— however the words she wanted to say were caught on the tip of her tongue. These were the moments when she couldn't stand him. He was too perfect—too unreal.  It felt like he would dissolve into nothingness any second, and she would be her plain self once again, untouched by that intoxicating, yet magical, thing called love.

“I know it's late. But before you head to bed, I want to tell you something,” his words were straightforward, yet warm and smooth like melted chocolate.

“A-Alright.”

“It’s a little something I wrote for you. Nothing poetic. Here goes nothing.” The boy cleared his throat and fanned himself before flashing a daring, cocky smirk.

“Shoot,” she laughed lightly. The butterflies were insane; she hadn’t been this thrilled in what seemed like forever.

“When I wake, I think about you. When I move, I imagine you, here, by my side. When I eat, I imagine you eating with me. When I do all the simple things humans do, I imagine you, here, by my side, loving me as much as I love you. When I breathe, I think about you kissing me. When the day is over, I still think about you. When my eyes finally close after a long day, I hope to dream about you. And then I wake again. It’s a cycle, a cycle about you. Although we’re separated by this silly thing called distance, you’re the one and only person I see. I can’t promise anything about the future because it's forever changing, forever unsure of the route it will take. But I can promise you this: until the last breath I take, I will love you endlessly. And hopefully even after that. Because that’s how much I love you. You are the moon, you are the sun, you are the sky, and you are the stars. Simply put, you are the universe. I would call you mine, but before being mine, you are yours. I love you, Kim Hye Jin, and congratulations on putting up with me for three entire years.”

There was a string of silence on the other end.

“Babe?” he inquired with a wide grin, obviously pleased with himself.

Hye Jin was sitting up in her bed, the phone laid across her lap, her face buried in her hands. She wasn’t sure how to react. Should she cry? Laugh? Brush him off for being a cheesy dork? Before she could make her decision, she saw two droplets splash onto the phone screen. She chuckled softly at herself as she wiped away the tears. She had always been the sensitive type. He was literally beyond perfect. Throughout her entire nineteen years of life, she had never met someone who took her breath away like he did. He made her head spin, her heart run a marathon, and her eyes water endlessly. Her smile was so wide she felt like it was going to make a permanent dent in her face.

“Babe, don’t cry—” his voice had automatically lowered to a quieter tone as he pretended to wipe the tears off of his screen.

“I love you, Jeon Jungkook. I really do love you. Happy three years. Thank you for being by my side."

His lips curved into a victorious smile as he gazed at her lovingly, “I’ll always be by your side.”

--

After the call had finally ended, he smoothed his fingers over the flimsy screen and let out a troubled, heavy sigh. He fished off his hoodie and laid it across his lap. Underneath laid a hospital gown. It was a simple white with gray stripes running down the front and back. Jungkook adjusted the collar of the gown and lay back as he nervously fiddled with his fingers, waiting for the nurse to enter. He had been waiting since 9 in the morning. Truth was, he had been hospitalized for the past five days, due to a stubborn case of repetitive vomiting.

He gazed around the room, once again granting himself a chance to familiarize himself with it. Frankly, though, he doubted that he would ever get used to it. The room was monotonous— basically, every piece of furniture was a daunting solid block of white. He closed the curtains and sat back on top of the unfamiliar bed. He then noticed the desk that was placed awkwardly by the bedside. On top of it stood two vases, both filled with fresh pink daisies. He reached over and extracted a daisy from its vase, raising it up to his face. He grinned and kissed it lightly. The flowers reminded him of Hye Jin. She claimed that pink daisies were her favorite flower, yet she had no clue that she was a pink daisy herself. The leaves were delicate like her being, bright like her smile, and the flower as a whole almost as beautiful as her.

Then his smile faltered for a split second. How would she react if she had found out that he was in the hospital? She would probably cry and scold him for never taking care of his body. Then she would probably spend the next week too worried to sleep. He chuckled and placed the daisy back into the vase.

After what seemed like ages, the door finally opened with a click and a young woman who seemed to be in her early thirties entered, a stethoscope draped around her neck and a clipboard clutched against her chest. The nurse glanced around briefly, in an awkward manner, before finally setting her eyes upon the boy. It was the same nurse from earlier in the morning.

“Jeon Jungkook?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I just have a few things to go over with you. For starters, you said you’ve been vomiting continuously over the past few days?”

It was yet another ‘checkup’- almost to the point where it seemed like déjà vu. He was sure they had been asking him the same questions on a daily basis.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“When did you notice these symptoms?”

“It’s been about a week and a half... Late Tuesday? Yes, late Tuesday of last week. At first, it wasn’t anything bad. But then it got to the point where I could barely make it through my classes without blacking out.”

“I see. And you’ve also been experiencing convulsions?”

He gave a slow nod and continued, “I thought it was because I’ve been skipping meals lately, but I don’t think that’s an accurate statement anymore.”

--

/1 week later

The day dragged on, slower than the seconds on a frozen clock. Jungkook’s chest had never felt this heavy before. It felt as if he was chained down, pinned to the cruel, weathered ground. He tried to be positive about it. He wasn’t exactly a very healthy person— in fact, sickness ran in his family. His mother had passed away only the year before due to a . But he was sure this was nothing. He reassured himself that this was all just a phase and that he was probably going to be in class tomorrow, staying for ungodly hours to make up all his missed work. He wasn’t as sickly as he had been when he was first admitted, which was surely a positive sign— right?  

It was an unsettling, disturbing feeling, yet there was a part of him that argued otherwise. This was a killing disease, it whispered. He shrugged the demon off his shoulder and pulled up the covers to his chin. He felt cold and empty, despite the suffocating warmth of the room and the presence of a surplus of unnecessary decorations. As his eyes began to close, he heard the click of the doorknob and managed to sit up against the headboard. His muscles were aching; his stomach felt foul; his head was spinning with a rampaging headache. The doctor that entered had the grimmest expression that Jungkook had ever seen. It reminded him of his mother’s funeral. A cold shiver slithered up his back.

“Jungkook, do you have a minute?” the doctor asked gingerly, closing the door with care behind him.

“Sure,” Jungkook responded coolly. He had all the minutes in the world.

The frozen silence hung in the air.

“The results are out... I’m not sure how to break this to you.”

The words set something off inside of him. He shook his head as if there was water lodged in his ear. An eccentric ringing had started up out of nowhere. He recognized it almost immediately; it was the same ringing he heard when the doctor pronounced his mother dead. He grasped for the bed’s railings as his breathing quickened. The ringing was excruciatingly loud now. He felt a pair of hands around his neck, squeezing hard. He tried to struggle, yet knew he was helpless. The doctor was shouting now, trying to bring him back to the surface of reality. After a brief moment, his blurred vision returned and his migraine began to degrade. He pressed his back against the board and tried to regulate his breathing as he let out a shaky apology.

“It’s okay. Do you want some time?” The doctor’s voice was a mix of worry, pity, and pain.

“… It’s alright, just tell me now. If I need to cope, I’ll need time.”

“… Alright,” the doctor responded with a hesitant nod.

The doctor produced the files from the folder in his lap. It was an MRI scan showing a cross section of his brain from the top view. The tumor was enormous and located squarely in the middle of his brain. It was almost if it was pulsating. The picture made him immediately nauseous once again. That tumor was inside his brain. He knew people died at all ages, from all sorts of causes, but he had no idea it would ever affect him directly. He was a young man who was just beginning to love the world and learn about it. He was deeply in love with his significant other, too. His life wasn’t perfect but he couldn’t have asked for better. And now, all of a sudden, everything had changed. His life had flipped upside down in the blink of an eye.

“Is … Is it removable?”

“It’s unclear at this moment; we will need to take a few more scans.”

“What do you say?”

“Excuse me?”

“I’m asking for your opinion.”

“Well... I would say parts of it would be removable, but not completely. It’s malignant. Several series of chemotherapy would improve your condition, but the tumor would still exist.”

“That means…” Jungkook felt sick to his stomach.

“…Yes.”

“H-How many days left?” He was choking on his tears now, and his words came out as a blurry, cluttered mess.

It was all too dreamlike. It didn’t make sense, and he didn’t think it ever would. He had never felt this vulnerable before. His life was fading away in front of him, shattering into a billion pieces of delicate glass.

“About a month.”

--

The next couple days were nothing but slivers of time— quick yet painfully slow all at the same time. Jungkook was stuck in a trance, trying to convince himself that reality itself wasn’t real. And just like that, time flew without Jungkook even knowing.

He woke with a start, the irritating buzz from the ceiling lights flooding into his ears. Just like the ones at home. He grinned sufficiently, mentally mocking himself for being so scared in his dream. He had had a dream that he was going to die. It was all like a badly planned soap opera. Then there was a prickly pain in his arm, followed by a surge of tiredness. He had just awoken, yet he felt like he hadn’t rested in months, perhaps years. He stared blankly at the IV planted in his left arm. It was so unfamiliar to him, all of it. Then reality came knocking—no—crashing on his door once again.

He denied it at first, reassuring himself that it wasn’t true. He wasn’t going to die. He was going to graduate college, get a stable job, finally meet the girl of his dreams, marry her, and be a proud dad. Then the dreams melted away like a mirage. He could literally feel himself losing his grip on reality.

His eyes wandered everywhere but straight ahead, wanting to deny the obvious. They landed on the beautiful pink daisies. They weren’t as bright as they had been a few days ago, but they were still holding on. Waiting to be loved. The sudden tears overwhelmed him at once, and he produced his phone from under his pillow. Guilt and sorrow drowned him, making it feel as if his insides were rotting away. There were two missed skype calls, five missed calls,
and ten missed texts. They were all from Hye Jin. He murmured her name quietly, as his tears painted dreary cascades down his cheeks. He missed her so much it felt like his heart was splintering. He was so unused to this pain; it just made him feel all the lonelier. He finally made the feeble attempt to contact his princess.

[2:06 PM- JUNGKOOK]: I miss you… I’m sorry I didn’t text. Or call. Or anything for that matter.

[2:07 PM- HYE JIN]: It’s okay. Did something happen?

[2:07 PM- JUNGKOOK]: Everything just slipped my mind… I had a lot of work to do last minute. Even though you’re more important… I’m sorry.

[2:08 PM- HYE JIN]: It’s alright. I was just worried something happened to you.

[2:30 PM- JUNGKOOK]: What would happen to me? Nothing would happen to me as long as you keep on loving me. You keep me alive.

[2:31 PM- HYE JIN]: You’re killing me, really! You keep me alive too, you know that. I love you.

[2:31 PM- HYE JIN]: Say, can we skype? I miss your face and voice…

[
2:31PM- JUNGKOOK]: Not right now… Yesterday I dropped my phone and the camera cracked. Sorry again, babe…

[
2:32PM- HYE JIN]: Oh… Okay… Well, how was your day? Anything interesting happen?

[
2:33PM- JUNGKOOK]: I saw some pink daisies that reminded me of you.

[
2:35PM- HYE JIN]: Aw… I really miss you.

[2:37 PM- JUNGKOOK]: I miss you more, love.

[
2:38PM- HYE JIN]: It’s been a while since we’ve texted each other like this. It makes it feel like you’re farther away…

[
2:40PM- JUNGKOOK]: That’s not true. You’re always in my heart, and I’ll always be in yours.

[
2:40PM- JUNGKOOK]: Wow, I had no idea it was so late over there. Sorry, babe, were you asleep?

[
2:41PM- HYE JIN]: It’s almost 1, but it’s no big deal. I was worried sick about you, you dork. Stop apologizing. It’s not like you.

[
2:42PM- JUNGKOOK]: That’s late! Go to sleep, princess. I’ll talk to you when you wake up.

[
2:42PM- HYE JIN]: Sigh… Okay. I’ll try to dream about you.

[
2:42PM- JUNGKOOK]: Be sure to dream about me! Good night and sweet dreams, my angel.

[
2:43PM- HYE JIN]: I love you. Get some rest too.

[3:30 PM- JUNGKOOK]: I love you too…

“… Much more than you think,” he murmured as he gave a shaky breath. His hand trembled as he looked at the tear stained screen, rereading the last message again and again.

--

Hye Jin moved in a sluggish manner, slowly gathering her books and writing utensils. She was the last to leave the classroom and the last to arrive at her next class. She dragged herself to her desk and sat down, placing her head on top of her unopened books. The teacher noticed immediately and was about to call her name when she raised her hand, asking to be excused to the restroom. Taken aback by the suddenness, the whole class fell silent. Although shy at times, Hye Jin was known for being the most open-minded, sharpest, and most amiable of them all. Whispers arose as the students watched her shadow exit. The figure seemed melancholic in a way, as if it had been crying for days with no cure.

She made her way to the restroom in what was almost a comatose state. She saw nothing and understood nothing; none of it mattered. Her mind was an aquarium with a leak—it was filled with life but would soon be void of it all. She felt drained and hollow. Jungkook had changed over the course of the past few weeks and the possibilities were endless. Being millions of miles away from him didn’t help at all. He was no longer as responsive, his messages no longer felt sincere, and the Jungkook she knew felt dead and gone. He was so distant and she had no idea how to deal with it.

She gazed into the mirror and watched silently as her broad, artificial smile faded. Her lips quivered as she began to sob almost inaudibly, covering with her hand as the warm tears rolled down her cheeks. At that moment she hated absolutely every part of her. Her hair seemed too cluttered, her eyelashes too short, her lips freakishly an ugly shade of pink, and her eyes the color of mud. Her arms were bulging out of their sockets, her cheeks too full, and her legs without proportion. No wonder he had fallen out of love with her. How had he managed to last a three whole years? She stifled a sob and collapsed in front of the mirror, burying her face in her hands. Her small frame heaved with each sob. She wanted to stop the world from rotating for a second so she could take herself out of it.

What others saw every time their eyes landed on Hye Jin was completely different. They saw a young, bold and beautiful woman with a future. Her eyes were more vibrant than the brightest parts of the moon when she smiled, and when she was sad, they were deeper than an endless ocean. The way her lips curved into a stunning masterpiece left others breathless. Her arms weren’t too thin or too full. They were well proportioned, just like her legs and every other part of her. She was literally an angel who had fallen from the stars and clouds. She forgave easily, she helped others, and she tried her best to turn the negative things in life into things much more positive. She wanted to show others how beautiful they were. These things were what Jungkook fell in love with. She did have one flaw though—she didn’t know how to love herself. Jungkook had wanted to change that; he wanted to open her eyes. He wanted her to really see herself.

--

They seemed to fall out of love faster than they fell in. It had been almost two weeks since their relationship had started to go downhill—it was already underwater now. All that was left now was its last breath. She fiddled with the phone in her hands and dialed. She was sitting on her bed, dressed in a comfortable pair of pajamas that consisted of a loose blouse and shorts. She raised the phone to her ear and waited for the receiver tone to pick up instead. She was used to it in a way, and wondered if they were even still in a relationship. Hye Jin had changed like Jungkook. On the outside, she had turned more bitter, indifferent, and unmovable. But on the inside, the old Hye Jin was still there—still crying, still waiting. Surprisingly, Jungkook had picked up on the third ring. His voice was nasally and drenched with clear exhaustion as if he had caught a bad cold.

“Hey.” Hye Jin’s voice was tiny.

“Hey.” Jungkook didn’t sound irritated, bitter, or disturbed like Hye Jin had predicted. He just sounded tired, almost lifeless.

“You picked up.” The awkwardness was killing Hye Jin, yet in a way, she had expected this.

“Yeah…” he trailed off into silence.

“I have a question.”

“Shoot.”

“Did you fall in love with someone else?”

There was no immediate reply. She could hear her heartbeat louder than anything else. After what seemed like an eternity, he replied.

“Yeah, I guess so.” His voice was dry, stale, and emotionless.

“Oh,” she blinked back an onslaught of tears and tried to compose herself before speaking. “I guess we’re over then, right?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” he repeated blandly.

“Okay. I guess this is a goodbye then.”

“…Yeah. Take care.”

She hung up and hurled her phone across the room, shattering the plastic case as it collided with the door. She wanted to scream until was raw. But all she could do was cry like a hopeless, lost child. She hated it. She couldn’t believe it either. It was really over. Their three years of love had ended just like that. A part of her wondered if it had ever been real to begin with. The sobs wracked her body and the tears stung her eyes as they continued to fall mercilessly. She bit her lips until they bleed, pulled her hair until it fell out in clumps, and cried until it physically hurt to breathe.

She had waited for this day; she had waited for it to be officially over. She thought she would have been relieved. She had no idea it would hurt so ing much. It felt like her soul was being tortured, being pulled toward hell while on the brink of heaven. She drowned in the abrupt onslaught of memories that flooded her conscience.

The way his eyes crinkled into beautiful crescents whenever he smiled, making her stomach do jumping jacks.

The angelic sound of his laughter.  

The way he looked at her when he thought she wasn’t looking.

The countless times they would stay up late talking about their future together.

The love letters that she would unfold like a curious, excited child.

The sincere, genuine love that he had given her.

--

He had never felt this way before; this inhuman and cruel. He had severed the promise he had made to himself since day one: the promise to never make her cry. The feeling of self-hatred was immense, indescribable. There were no tears left to cry, no tears left to squeeze out of his already dead soul. He no longer had weeks left. He had days. It hurt to speak, it hurt to eat, it hurt to think, and most of all, it hurt to know that she was on the other side of the world, all alone.

He wanted to tell her it was all a joke, and that he had never fallen out of love with her in the first place. He wanted to do everything and anything for her. He just wanted to see her smile one last time before he went. But most of all, he wanted to physically touch her cheek and wipe her tears away, make her smile, and kiss her tender lips. He wanted to know how pretty her smile was in real life, how bright her eyes shined, and how her hands felt in his. There was so much he wanted to do. He wanted to be with her in his last moments. But instead, he was bedridden and on the threshold of death like a voodoo doll. With trembling fingers, he pressed the red button and began to speak. Every breath he took brought an alarming shudder upon his body, and every word that escaped his mouth brought a wave of emotions that he no longer had the power to control.

--

When she had awoken from her eternal nap, she noticed that she had a message from Jungkook. It was a recording. She disregarded it and threw the covers over herself before she could explode with tears again.

--

A week had passed. 8 days. 9. 10. An entire month. Yet nothing changed. Somehow, life went on. Everything she did reminded her of him, but she managed to cope. She was determined to forget him and to never fall in love again. It was a waste of time. Her eyes darted to her phone and the unopened recording. She held her breath and pressed the button hesitantly.

Hye Jin. It’s me, Jungkook. I’m sorry for everything… I really am. Even saying sorry a billion times wouldn’t express how sorry I really am… I was determined to love you forever. I was determined to love you until our 4th, our 5th, our 6th, and until our days came to an end. But sadly, I have to leave a bit earlier than expected. I wanted to hide it from you at first, and find the right time to tell you. But how could there ever be a right time to tell you something like this? Hye Jin, princess, my love, I don’t know how to even say this. I barely have days left. I wanted you to forget me; I wanted you to move on before you found out. Then you wouldn’t have to go through any pain. You would forget me; I know you’re strong enough. But sadly I wasn’t. I’m a bad person. I’m so sorry, Hye Jin. I wanted to show you how beautiful my world was. But then again I couldn’t show you to yourself, could I? I wanted you to look at yourself in the mirror and love yourself. Because you are all I could ever ask for and more. From the first moment we got a chance to meet each other and up to now, there has never been a moment I haven’t loved you. I loved you simply because you were you. I loved every flaw you hated. To me, you were perfect, really. You were everything I never was, and maybe that’s why I always thought you were the missing puzzle piece. I’m glad that I had the chance to meet such a breathtaking person like you. I showed you off everywhere—not only to my friends. I showed you off to the moon, the sun, the clouds, and even to the pink daisies. Because compared to you, they were nothing.

There was a pause as he took a shaky breath, followed by a soft chuckle.

Remember when you told me the stars were the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen? You’re prettier than the stars, silly.

Hye Jin, promise me one thing, okay? Please love yourself. Eat more. Get out more, talk to your friends more. 

And fall in love again, with someone who can wipe your tears for you and hold you and make you feel treasured. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to do that. I’ll be watching you from the stars in the night sky so don’t cry too much when I’m gone. If anyone ever makes you cry, I’ll throw a comet their way. I’m sorry for making you suffer all alone… And I’m sorry I couldn’t love you as much as I wanted to. So even though this is goodbye, just remember that even though I’m not here physically, my soul and heart will always be with you, protecting you, looking over you, and endlessly loving you.

I love you.

Take care, my universe.