Born For You

Once Upon A January
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Once Upon A January: Born For You

 

The raven hair has been extremely busy for days, weeks and months. It cannot be denied that being an idol of the hottest group trend EXO and shooting for his upcoming movies together with numerous press conferences were not a joke. 

 

Kyungsoo muttered a small 'heaven' on even the small breaks he receives right after his solo rehearsal. 

"Water?" Baekhyun assists, also done with his practice ment. The pink head extends the oasis to the exhausted camel in which Kyungsoo gratefully accepts. He opens the bottle lid and gulps it all in one sitting.

The way Kyungsoo's adam's apple bobs up and down in a rapid pace, maybe he is serious about being tired after all. The standing vocal eyes him, remembering something comparable.

"You're thirsty for two things," Baekhyun pauses, walking backwards away from his friend. 

The evil might choke him for this.

The younger rests the bottle on the floor, creases his thick eyebrows as he's curious about his co-vocal's mocking tone. 

Baekhyun raised his right thumb. "One, for water..." then his index finger, accompanied with a vicious wink. "Two, for Kim Jongin." 

 

Kyungsoo's cheeks had gone madly red at the mention of the younger's name. He is thankful that everyone's busy practicing on their choreography so their little conversation wasn't divulged nor heard.

"You little rascal..." Kyungsoo gritted his teeth. "I told you my secret because I trust you but that doesn't mean you can mock me whenever you want. And not this near, Baek. Someone might hear it." 

Baekhyun poked out his pinkish toungue, still making fun on how red his friend is. "Jongin, Jongin, Jongin-"

 

From the once serious group practicing at the side, it's like a domino wherein everyone halted from their business the moment Jongin stopped his graceful movements. "I heard my name, Baekhyun hyung. Calling me?" 

 

Wow. The dragon was awake. 

 

But contrast to a dragon's frightening aura, this tan boy's sleeveless attire and wet with sweat look can make Kyungsoo's knees wobble like a jelly.

He is absolutely beautiful.

 

From those thick plump lips down to his lean chest and arms...everything is perfect. And his manly voice with that fun laugh-

Wait. He isn't laughing. 

In fact, he looked equally stressed and tired of life just like Kyungsoo. 

 

Yixing is not around this time because he had some business in China so as the main dancer of the group, he had to adjust the member's positions and polish some blockings. 

 

"Oh. I am not calling you, Kai." Baekhyun faked a laugh. He is seriously sweating, a deer caught in headlights. "I am just...just..." It looks like he is digging his own grave. Someone help this blabbering cheese.

He sends Kyungsoo a troubled glance, nearly pointing at him because he cannot think of any excuse. 

 

I am sorry, Do Kyungsoo. I can understand if our friendship will be over because I disclosed your biggest crush on Jongin. 

 

That's the message Baekhyun conveys on his eyes as he stares at the now frozen Kyungsoo. Everyone's looking at the two of them, the atmosphere more tensed.

 

The silence is too long to annihilate the small guy but good thing his rusty brain starts working.

"Hahahaha..." Kyungsoo laughs like a seal, grasping his stomach so hard. 

If he could just not breathe and stab himself with his nails, he is dead already.

 

"It is a fan chant, Kai,"

Brilliant. The excuse is really spontaneous.

"Y-you know, like this." Kyungsoo picks up his microphone and raises it with his shaking right hand. "Kim Jongin, Kim Jongin, Kim Jongin!!!!!!!!" 

 

That's the most awkward thing.

 

A dramatic theme song plays mentally. 

Kyungsoo lived a good life since 1993.

 

Jongin stoically buys the flimsy excuse, nodding back to dance practice formation.

The members groan, wanting to yank on Kyungsoo's lethal joke ever. Do Kyungsoo even dared to mess up.

Baekhyun smiles so bright because he's been savaged and friendship with Kyungsoo was remained.

Kyungsoo wanted to die and suffer in pits of hell because he deserves it. Totally.

 

 

"Do Kyungsoo don't let anything distract you, please!" Jongin reminds for the fifth time, getting the towel to wipe loads of perspiration. His face screams you are all dead. Jongin is extra strict today, everyone wonders why.

 

"Back to the top." The dancer commands, the members going back to their previous block and positions.

 

They're the best of friends.

They are roomates.

They get along so, so well. 

 

But the raven head wonders why Jongin treats him like a useless weed today. It's not like he is slacking. It's true that he feels shy about the shameless fanchant incident earlier. 

But that is not a sufficient ground for Jongin to almost shout at Kyungsoo like that. Everyone knows how close they were. They are almost inseperable. So it was not only Kyungsoo who questions that behaviour today.

Baekhyun notices, giving Kyungsoo a soft tap on his shoulder. "Don't give that douchebag an oppurtunity to let you down. I can always find you someone better." 

 

Maybe that pep talk from his bestfriend will work for a while. 

 

Severals hours had gone past and the manager said they can take a rest. Kyungsoo walks with Baekhyun instead of his usual small strolls with Jongin back to their room. 

"Hey. Do you want to sleep with me in lieu of Chanyeol? You guys can change rooms for a while. You're quite a bad shot for Jongin this day." The pink head explains, kneading small circles at Kyungsoo's back to soothe him.

"No it's okay. It will be obvious. I can handle this, Baek." Kyungsoo retorts back, sneering a little. "Head back to your room. I am okay, I assure you." 

 

Baekhyun agrees as he watches the downtrodden Kyungsoo disappear from the hallway. The younger entered the room he and Jongin shares. The worried friend from a far can only sigh in concern and proceeded to his room as well, still wishing everything will flow smooth.

 

Kyungsoo heaved a deep sigh as he spots his roommate leaned at the trails of their small balcony, talking with someone on his phone. His eyes are formed like moon crescents. 

He looks extremely happy in which the expression Kyungsoo failed to see this morning. 

"Yes. I'll be there at 9 p.m. Make sure everything's settled and prepared." Jongin says and bids goodbye at the person on the other line. Jongin smiles at the phone like he just had a conversation with the apple of his eye.

Kyungsoo got it. Seems like Jongin is in little affair with someone. It broke his heart of course. But he can't manifest it.

He has no right. All he need is to smile llike he is okay.

 

The older fully enters and closes the door behind him. "Looks like a late night date, huh."

As much as Kyungsoo wanted to pry more, there is no sarcasm intended in that sentence. He wanted to sound normal, stable in front of Jongin's judging sight.

Jongin was totally startled at Kyungsoo's sudden existence. The older was welcomed with creased eyebrows and questioning eyes. This arrives that familiar irritated expression ㅡ again.

"How much have you heard?" The brunette asked, totally cautious of Kyungsoo's sudden appearance. It is like he is concealing something away from Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter