My Song For You

My Song For You - Sunggyu

Turning the little knob on the lamp, warm yellow light happily dispersed the darkness while you settled yourself among the cushions on the couch. Laying a blanket over your lap, you eased your laptop over top of your blanketed lap. Opening the lid, you typed in your password lighting up your laptop. Untangling your headphones, you pushed the jack into your laptop as you opened your music app then your music program.

Searching through files on your computer, you picked a few music files before your eyes closed and you focused on the songs that were playing. Adding the songs onto the composing software, you began to play with the different layers of the song. Mixing several different parts of songs together, you used some of the programmed sounds on the program that you were using.

Hours ticked by as the project you were working on enveloped you, not even hearing your husband come through the door, you worked diligently on the project.

Sunggyu saw your figure on the couch, the soft light highlighting your features as he slipped the coat from his shoulders, ruffling his hair, little snowflakes fell from his head as he slipped off his shoes and shuffled over to the other side of the couch. Watching you lovingly, your eyes moved around the screen as he just smiled loving how you looked with headphones on.

Sinking back into the cushions, he smiled and relaxed as he watched you for minutes before he moved and waved his hand trying to get your attention. After several attempts, you noticed a hand waving close to you.

“Ah Sunggyu! You are home!” You greeted him brightly as you high fived his hand before you pulled your headphone off of one of your ears so that you could hear him.

“I am home” He smiled as he scooted over closer to you, “What ‘cha working on?” He questioned, his head resting on your shoulder as you turned and kissed the top of his head.

“Just playing around” You shrugged your shoulders a little as he nodded and pulled over the extra blanket from your lap over his form. “You can watch if you want”

“Thank you, I think I will” Sunggyu nodded against your shoulder. Lifting your headphones over both of your ears, you got right back to work as you continued to mix and match pieces of the song together.

Sunggyu watched you with tired eyes until his eyes slid closed slowly and he fell asleep on your shoulder.

Night after night, the same picture was painted, you working on your project and Sunggyu falling asleep either on you or close to you, with at least some sort of contact between you two.

Late one night, you rubbed your tired eyes and closed your eyes, resting your head against Sunggyu’s, you played the melody to the song as your eyes closed letting your mind relax and embrace the song that was playing. A smile curled on your lips as pride began to swell within your chest. Calling it a night, you saved your work and slid your laptop onto the table top in front of you before your arms wrapped around Sunggyu.

Guiding his head to your chest, you felt his arms snake around you as you turned the light off and adjusted the blanket over your body and his. Kissing the crown of his head softly, you played with his hair lightly before drifting to sleep yourself.

The weekend came sooner than expected, but this weekend was different, Sunggyu was home with you all weekend! Getting all of your chores done around the house, you grabbed your laptop and held it against your chest where you shyly shuffled across the floor and down the hall to Sunggyu’s music room, where he was working on something for Infinite’s upcoming album.

Lifting one of your hands, you quietly knocked on the slightly ajar door while cooing his name sweetly. Spinning around in his chair, he gave you a warm smile as he sat up a little taller.

“How may I help you, sweetie pie?” A loving smile played on his lips while you opened the door a little more, your eyes slightly wondering around his music room.

“M-May I have your help with s-something?” You questioned, your eyes darting around, while doubt swirled in your mind.

“Anything” He smiled, leaning forward and resting his weight on his elbows as you stepped inside some more.

“I-I have been working on composing a song… I have the music part down but… I would love your help with the lyrics if you are willing to help me…” Your teeth bit down on your bottom lip while your eyes turned to Sunggyu’s face to watch it brighten.

“Of course! Let me hear what you have and I will help you as much as I can!” Sunggyu was absolutely ecstatic.

Carefully placing your laptop on his desk, he helped you hook it up to the speakers around the room. Turning up the volume, you played the song and stood back while your fingers played with one another nervously.

The song started as Sunggyu rubbed his chin with his fingers, eventually nodding his head to the song, a smile settled on his lips towards the end. As the song faded its ending, you shifted your weight from one leg to the other.

“S-So… what did you think?” You whispered

“It is really good, there is a few things that I would change but I love the sound, it is fresh and new!” He complimented, his eyes curling into half moons as you covered your bright smile behind your hands.

“Do you think you can help me?” You probed, not sure if he would help you

Pulling over a chair, he patted his hand on the seat. You took your seat as he began to work on your computer a little. Showing you different things, he used his equipment and your ideas to help your song improve. Loving the way the song was going, he was humming to it in no time and bopping his head from side to side.

The grumbling of your stomach accompanied his as you pressed your hands into your abdomen.

“If I go get us some food, do you think I can trust you with this?” You questioned, standing up off of your chair and stretching a little.

“Of course, I will ask you before I change anything” Sunggyu pulled over a pad of paper and a pen as he reclined in his seat and tapped the of his pen against his pink lips.

Leaving the room, you hummed the song absentmindedly as you made the two of you a simple meal of rice and meat with a few side dishes that you and Sunggyu loved. After a while, you carried all of the finished food into the room, setting up a little table away from the equipment, Sunggyu watched you as he jotted down some ideas before coming over and helping you with dinner.

Taking a dinner break, he caught you up on a few ideas that he had for the lyrics. Adding in your ideas, he continued to work through dinner.

“Jagi, I think I figured it out” Sunggyu said excitedly, patting his lap, you trotted over, leaving the dirty dishes in the room and taking a seat on his lap.

“What do you think of this?” He asked, playing your song, he hummed softly as you pulled your legs up onto his lap, his arm wrapped around you while his thumb tapped against your leg as his beautiful voice relayed the lyrics with the music.

Closing your eyes, you couldn’t help but smile as everything just seemed perfect from the melody and harmonies to the lyrics to the one that was singing. Snaking your arm around his torso, you rested your head against his shoulder as he continued to sing the song.

Kissing your forehead, once he performed the song for you, he rubbed your leg gently.

“What do you think?” Sunggyu whispered as he tilted his head to see your expression.

“I loved it” You whispered, snuggling up to him, “It was perfect” You added softly, your smile unable to leave your lips.

The two of you worked on the lyrics on the song well into the night, you stayed in Sunggyu’s arms. After nights of not getting enough rest and the demanding chores, you fell right to sleep as he continued to work.

“Babe, what do you think of this?” He questioned as he made a few minor changes.

Not hearing you reply, he rubbed your side a little, “Babe?” He asked as you hummed and nuzzled against him.

“Is my angel sleepy?” He cooed proudly loving it when these moments presented themselves. Carefully placing the pad of paper on your computer, he slipped his arm under your legs and the other one around you as he carefully maneuvered through the doorway and headed to the bedroom.

Tucking you into your shared bed, he brushed some hair behind your ear and kissed your head before leaving the room but not without drinking in one more beautiful picture of you sleeping.

Your anniversary arrived quickly as you had perfected your song. Recording it with Sunggyu’s permission, the staff at Woollim helped you keep it a secret as you recorded and published your work. Adding carefully arranged pictures of the two of you within the photo book, you smiled as you finally had your hard work between your hands.

It looked so professional, so beautiful and you were so proud that you made it with the help of your husband.

“Jagiya~” Sunggyu called loudly as he entered into your shared apartment, “Happy Anniversary!” He chimed thinking that you were in the kitchen.

Rounding the corner, his greetings fell silent as you were not in sight, spinning around he looked around the living room quickly before he trotted off to the bedroom. Still not being able to find you, he began to worry as he looked in the closet and bathroom attached to the master bedroom.

Resting his hands on his hips, he took in a deep breath, trying to clear his mind as to where you could be. Looking around the room, his eyes landed on a small present neatly placed on the bed.

Padding over to the shared bed, he carefully eased himself down on the edge of the bed and took the present in his hands. A handwritten note was stuck to the present under the bow.

Happy Anniversary Sunggyu

Sunggyu smiled recognizing the handwriting as yours. Glancing around the room, he wondered if he should open it or wait for you to get home. However he didn’t know where you were or if anything was wrong. Pulling out his phone, he pulled up his messages with you and typed a sweet message before sending it off.

Getting a reply back from you that you would be home soon, he smiled and placed the present back on the bed before he went into the living room and patiently waited for you to arrive home.

A little while later, you came walking through the door and slipped off your shoes as you shook your coat off of your shoulders. Hearing the commotion behind him, Sunggyu turned around and saw you in the foyer, a smile curled on his lips as he trotted over to you.

“Happy Anniversary!” Sunggyu sang happily

“Happy Anniversary Sunggyu~” You giggled loving how he greeted you, “I am guessing you saw the present on our bed?” Watching his wide eyes brighten, a smile curled on his lips.

“I did~” He wiggled his shoulders cutely front to back as he bit down on his bottom lip as you started to put away the few groceries that you bought while you were out.

“Why don’t you get it and open it?” You questioned with a smile, watching him run back to the bedroom, you laughed to yourself.

But before you knew it, he was already in front of you with the present securely in his grasp. Watching his eyes slowly wonder over the present in his hand, you smiled as you leaned over the counter and took off the bow from the present and gently stuck it in his hair.

“Now you are the present” You giggled as he looked up at you

“I am your present, that is what I got you” Sunggyu winked at you, blush quickly covered your cheeks as you shook your head before his fingers ripped the paper to reveal the album that you had worked so hard on.

“Omo, what is this?” He questioned loudly, turning the album from from to back and then opening it, he saw the pictures of the two of you placed lovingly around the covers. It looked like a photo album with cute little message that the two of you sent to each other between some of the pages of the photo book. He slowly thumbed through the book as you watched his eyes start to coat over with tears.

“W-What’s the song?” He questioned as you smiled softly.

“Well it starts with our wedding song, then I chose songs that we both liked for different stages in our life but then the last song is the one that you helped me with. I thought this could be like our first album together and we can have other albums as they come up “ You told him, your thumbs playing with one another.

“C-Can we go and listen to it?” He questioned brightly, his eyes locking with yours as you smiled and nodded your head excitedly.

Sunggyu slipped his hand into yours and pulled you towards the living room, slipping the CD into the Bose speaker system that was wired throughout the room, he turned up the volume a little before he dimmed the lights around the room and offered his hand to you.

“We already had our first dance silly” You told him, slipping your hand in his

“I know, but whenever I dance with you, it is like the first time” He wrapped his other arm around your side as he smiled and brought you closer to him. Sliding your hand up his arm, he danced with you lovingly around the living room.

Twirling you just enough to spice up the slow dance but not too much to make you dizzy, it was the perfect amount. One song morphed into another as he rocked you from side to side as the next song played. Watching his beautiful eyes light up with surprise with the choice of the next song.

Song after song played until it got to the final song, the one that you wrote and that Sunggyu helped with. Your heart pounded in your chest as the introduction started to play, a harmony molded with the melody as lyrics were soon added into the mix. The masterpiece that you had worked on was playing and it sounded better than you had heard it before.

The two of you slowly swayed to the song, Sunggyu’s head gently rested against yours as you felt his arms wrap around you, bringing you against him, you rubbed his back gently as the two of you listened to the song. Sunggyu’s breathing became a little erratic as you pulled away to see a tear roll down his cheek.

“Why are you crying sweetie?” You asked softly, brushing away his fallen tear

“It’s just… you understand what music means to me, you get me. You are speaking my language and this song is the most beautiful song that I have ever heard” He let a few more tears run down his cheeks causing tears to swell up into your eyes. “I love you”

“I love you too” You whispered softly as his lips gently connected with yours.

All those memories, hard times and happy times and times in between were all worth it. You are with your best friend, someone who understands you and tries to learn about each others passions to understand one another. No matter what, you would be there for him and him for you.

That is what touches the heart, the little things, the small things that can make the biggest difference in others lives.