Final

The Masked Rabbit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongdae would never forget about that day when he first saw her. It was in a cold winter morning, and he was at Seoul Station with his fellow members Baekhyun and Sehun. Theere was no one, but the three of them in the dorm, so they decided to stroll around Seoul Station. Jongdae didn't want to go outside, it was freezing and he prefer to rest in the warm cozy house, but the obnoxious Baekhyun just couldn't stay in the dorm and not do anything, so he literally begged Sehun to go out for a stroll. The maknae gave in to the older's complains, and that is when Baekhyun came inside his room and started annoying Jongdae, whinning to his same age member to go out with them. Jongdae resist it first, but gave in to Baekhyun constantly making weird sound next to his ears. Baekhyun said that he'll stop if he agrees to go out with him and Sehun.

"ALRIGHT, I'LL GO WITH YOU, SO STOP MAKING THAT NOISE!" Jongdae explored and Baekhyun grinned as he dragged his friend outside his room.

That's how Jongdae left to Seoul Station with the two boys, and that is where he saw HER. She was wearing a rabbit mask and sitting in the center of the Seoul Station, playing her guitar and singing in her magical voice. Her voice was literally captivating, and he had never heard such a unique voice like her before. It was a fresh vocal and the sweetness in her voice literally made him to stop and stare at her, as she sang and playing the guitar. 

A lot of people were surrounding the area, taking pictures of the masked singer. Some generous people gave her money inside the guitar case in front of her, and she would continue to sing. Jongdae stood among the crowd and searched through the pocket of his jacket for his wallet.

"She always come here to sing." Baekhyun appeared from the side with a plate of spicy rice cake in his hand.

"She has such a wonderful voice. It's a waste that she's singing in a public place." Sehun appeared from the other side, drinking bubble tea.

"Gosh, will you two stop?" Chen exclaimed and placed his hand over the chest. "You guys almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry." Baekhyun and Sehun apologized.

Baekhyun picked up the spicy rice cake with a plastic fork and Sehun opened his mouth from the side. Baekhyun feed the hungry maknae as the younger started chewing the soft rice cake happily. Baekhyun went for another one and ate the rice cake.

"Do you want some?" Baekhyun picked up another spicy rice cake and shoved it in front of Chen.

"Don't shove it in front of my face!" Chen exclaimed.

Baekhyun pouted and pointed the for to his mouth, however, Chen stopped him by grabbing onto his hand.

"I didn't say that I was not going to eat it."

Baekhyun smiled and gave the spicy rice cake to Jongdae, and the M member started to chew on the food, but his eyes were fixed on the mystery singer at the middle.

"If she came to an audition, I would probably take her without hesitation." Baekhyun spoke after he finished eating the remaining food inside his mouth.

"She has a pretty voice. I wonder if she has a beautiful face as well." Sehun added after the K member.

"You should not judge anyone." Chen said, and Sehun pouted. "Who care if she doesn't have the look? She has an amazing voice and I know that she'll become a successful singer. If that ever happen, I would love to listen to her voice everyday." Chen smiled.

"Did you fell in love with a stranger?" Baekhyun teased. "You don't even know her, Jongdae."

"I-I did not!" Chen exclaimed with a reddened expression.

"Whatever. Sehun, do you want to try another food?" Baekhyun asked the younger.

"I think we should go back to the dorm." Chen took out his phone. "It's already 5, and if we don't-"

Chen turned to the side, only to see that Baekhyun and Sehun was not there. The two boys were already off to another place. Chen rolled his eyes and turned around, but a sound of clapping erupted in the station. The masked singer stood up, and was bowing to everyone. She organized the guitar and started walking away.

"Wait!" Chen started running after her.

Chen found the singer, not far from the train station. He smiled and started approaching her from behind. She was trying to take off the mask.

"Excuse me!"

The singer startled and turned around and gasped when she saw Chen; she quickly put on the mask, but unfortunately tripped on the ground.

"Ah!" 

"Are you alright?" Chen asked and went to her, and she tried to fix the mask. "It's okay, I'm not going to ask you to take them off."

She stopped what she was doing and glanced at him. 

"Let's treat your injury first." Chen ripped the sleeve of his cloth, and wrapped it around her scraped knee. "I'm not sure why you're hiding your face from the crowd. Isn't it a waste that you're hiding your talent behind the mask? Since you have a beautiful voice, I'm guessing that your voice match your face."

Chen smiled and took off his scarf and wrapped it around her shoulder.

"I don't want you catching a cold then I can't hear your voice." Chen stood up and waved at her. "You can have the scarf. It's my present to you for gifting me with such a wonderful voice." He smiled adorably at her, and jogged back to the station to meet with Baekhyun and Sehun.

The mystery singer watched him as he leaves. She felt her heart beating rapidly against her chest. When Chen was no longer at her sight, she took off the mask and fixed her hair.

"Why does he look so familiar?" Dara asked herself as she saw the boy walking pitifully with a heavy sigh.

Dara bit her lower lips and leaned against the bench nearby.

Did he recognize me?

~~~~~

The three members came back to the dorm at the evening. They went to gather in Chen's room that he shared with Xiumin, and the oldest member decided to join the boys in the room.

"She's really good." Xiumin said after he watched the video from Baekhyun's phone. "Is she like a professional singer?"

"We're not sure, but she's at the Seoul Station everyday," Baekhyun said as he took the phone from the older's hand. "From what I heard from the people around, she comes in the morning leaves at night."

"And no one had seen her then?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah." Sehun answered and spun around on the chair. "It's like magic. She's there in the morning and not there in the evening."

"Strange, and no one know about her?"

Baekhyun and Sehun nodded his head. Xiumin breathe and crossed his arms. Sehun took the phone from Baekhyun and watched the clip again, his eyes fixed on the female that's singing in the video.

"Hyungs, I think she's a member from an idol group." Sehun said and all the boys glanced at the maknae. "I think I heard this voice somewhere." Sehun pointed to the phone screen.

"Who?" Xiumin asked.

"Chorong sunbaenim from Apink."

"What?" Baekhyun took the phone from the maknae's hand. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I once saw Chorong sunbae singing this same song from a radio. She has the exactly the same voice as her."

"No, I don't think it's her." Baekhyun said with a serious expression and pause the video. "Now that I watch it again, I think she's Sunny sunbaenim from SNSD."

"It's Chorong sunbae!" Sehun said. 

"It's Sunny sunbae!" Baekhyun retorted. "See? The height of the singer match well with Sunny sunbae."

"That doesn't make any sense though," Xiumin said as he tapped his chin. "Why would Sunny sunbae sing in the middle of the Seoul Station? If it was her, then the people will easily notice her, since she's already a hallyu idol. She wouldn't show up in the middle of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter