:D

Can I Have Your Number Instead?

 

 

The sky was getting darker and droplets of water fell on Taeyeon's head as she made a rush towards the convienience store. She stood under roof as she watched the heavy rain. 'Tsk! Dammit! Why does it have to rain when  I'm wearing a white shirt. I should've brought my sweater just now' she grumbled. 

10 minutes passed by yet, the rain does not seemed as it would stop any time soon. She covered her bag with a custom plastic and hugged it tight to her chest. 

Maybe I should just run for it. Screw this white shirt - She thought to herself. A tap on her shoulder brought her back to reality. When she turned to look, she  thought she was dead was mesmerized  by the beauty in  front of her. She saw how her lips were moving yet she could not hear anything. Not even the sound of the rain.

Finally with a sudden shout, she woke up from her trance. "Uh... yes?" She said dumbly. "Sorry for the shout. I've been calling you a few times yet you did not response. Are you okay miss?" The angel person said. "Oh! Ye-yeah err I'm fine. Uhh how can I help you?" Taeyeon stuttered and the latter just chuckled. 

"Actually I thought you could use an umbrella right now. I noticed you'be been standing here for quite some time. So here!" The girl beamed at her and soon she felt the warmth of the girl's hand touching hers for a brief second. 

Taeyeon stared blankly at the black umbrella in her hand before she immediately looked up. "Wait! I can't take this. What about you?" She said worriedly. "It's fine! I have this raincoat. It's no big deal." 

 

As the girl walked a few steps ahead, once again Taeyeon stopped her. "Wait miss! Can I have that instead?" 

"Pardon?" 

"Can I have your number instead?" Taeyeon was supposed to repeat but she unconciously said her thought outloud.

"N-no no! I mean can uhh can I have the raincoat. Yeah the raincoat. Uhhh it just that since you're offering me a way to avoid the rain, so can I have the raincoat instead. Please? " she said quickly as blood rushed on her face making her red as the tomato.

 

"Cute. *giggle* But why? This raincoat is just gonna make you drench somehow ."

"That goes the same with the umbrella too. Plus, I love walking around rain, I probably would not even be stuck here right now if it's not for me wearing a white shirt."

"Ahh I see.. sure let's change" she said with her megawatt smile that made Taeyeon knees to buckle a bit.

The two moved closer and exchanged the item in each other hands. "By the way, I'm Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon." 

"I'm Kim Hyoyeon. Ermm, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon. Hey! Our names rhymed! "

"Hahaha yeah they do. So-" 

"Oh ! I gotta go! It was nice to meet you Taeyeon-sshi" Hyoyeon snapped open the umbrella and took off.

"Nice to see you too beautiful angel. I hope we'll meet again" taeyeon whispered and started unfolding the black raincoat in her hand.

 

Now wearing a raincoat, Taeyeon freely ran into the heavy rain as if the rain was nothing and a huge smile was plastered on her face. Once she reached the park, she started running around with her arms wide open. 

If anyone would witness that moment, they would thought she was a kid who sneaked out to play in the rain. 

 

A blue Hyundai stopped by the roadside and soon a woman came out with an umbrella. Taeyeon who were jumping continously on a poodle of water failed to notice the figure.

"Yah Kim Taeyeon! What are you doing in the rain?!!!" The woman shouted causing the latter to slip and fell.

"Oh yuuuuullll! Hey join me! It's fun!" 

"No! Hey we have to go to Sunny's birthday party in an hour. Did you forget?! Come on let's go home!" 

Taeyeon took a glance on her wristwatch amd her eyes widen. She scrambled up to stand and followed Yuri to her car. She entered the passenger side and the car started moving.

"Until now I still can't understand why you love the rain so much."

"The rain is chilling. Simple as that."

"Your bag is drenched! Don't tell me our project assignment is in there!"

“Chill Yul, it's a waterproof bag. The papers are probably dry and safe.

"PROBABLY?! I swear if the reports are ruined, you're gonna do it all again on your own!"

"Yea yea. Whatever."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knuckles met the stiff door for a few times. After a few seconds, the door flew open revealing a tall girl. "Unnies! Finally you made it"

"Hey Seobaby. Everyone here already?"

"Yeah.. come on"

Taeyeon and Yuri entered the house, the two then walked towards a certain short girl at the living room. "SUNNY MIDGET! HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY" Taeyeon exclaimed as she hugged Sunny.

"YAH! you two are late and you have to guts to call me midget?!!"

"Blame Taeng midget.She was running around in the rain earlier. If I didnt get her, she wouldn't even came here today."

With a sheepish smile Taeyeon walked away to avoid being hit by the birthday girl. She walked into the kitchen only to be dead for the second time that day  met a certain someone sitting by the counter top chatting with one of her friend. 

"Hey Taeng! Here meet my friend, she just came back from China, her name is.. "

"Kim Hyoyeon."

"Kim- ah yesh! Did you two know each other already?"

" No. I mean Yes. No. Err yes? UHhhh" Hyoyeon chuckled at the stuttering-mess-Taeyeon and decided to answer on her behalf.

"Actually we met earlier today, Syoo."

"Ahh I see. Well I'll leave you two to talk, gotta snatch that cake from Yoong first." With a wink, Sooyoung left the two.

 

 

 

"..."

"..."

 

*Awkwardddddddd*

 

" ..."

"..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So uhh Taeyeon, would you like some cookies?"

" Can I have your number instead?" Taeyeon closed as she realised she slipped the same phrase in front of her angel for the second time.

"Yeah sure why not." Hyoyeon giggled at the cute sight and winked at the latter.

 

 


 

THE END :D