Final

You put my broken self together

It's so hard. Being forced to carry your body through the busy streets of your town. Almost impossible. You nearly bump into every person crossing your path, not even bothering to excuse. You're earning weird looks and shaking heads. Every now and then you get yelled at for being so incautious. But you couldn't care less. Tears are threatening to fall down. And it doesn't take long 'til it happens. You didn't even know where you were. Walking pointless through the streets. In the corner of your eyes you spotted a playground and decided to go there. There were only a few kids playing around. The swings were not used so you went there and sat down on one of them.

Slowly swinging back and forth you were quietly crying. Some of the children had stopped playing and stared at you. You let them stare. Yeah. This is how an useless, incompetent person looks like. Imprint this into your memories so that you do everything to not become like this. A ing disaster. That is what I am. I hate myself. I hate my personality. I hate my actions. I hate my feelings. Indeed, I hate everything about me. And what I hate the most is the fact that I am feeling. And feeling means living. I don't wanna.

With a loud sob you tilted your head upwards so you were staring into the sky. The sun would set soon.Why am I like this? Why can't I be different? Why do I have to be like this? To be this ing useless person. You're a shame for your family. That's the only thing you're being good at. Being a failure and bringing shame. You clenched your fists around the metal that was holding the swing until they turned white and hurt. You just let it hurt. It was a good distraction. Your eyes were shut. Due to your crying you couldn't breath normally. Your body was aching for oxygen. A tall dark haired man was approaching you but you did not notice. He came to stop infront of you. He decided to sit on the swing beside you and started swinging slowly back and forth. After taking a deep breath he finally got himself over to talk to you. “Jisu?” Your eyes darted open, your face turning to the side where the voice came from. “Ho-Hoseok?” He gave you a soft smile. “Hey, what is it?” You turned your head down, looking at the sand while your feet were kicking it. “Tell me, please.” He pleaded with a soft voice. “I.” You stopped. “I was...” Taking a breath again. “I was fired. I lost my job. Again.”

Hoseok turned his gaze away from you and looked at his feet. “I-I'm sorry Jisu.” “Hoseok I am a failure. Why am I such a failure?” His gaze shot back to you. “Don't say such things!” “Why shouldn't I? It's only the truth! I am useless! I am capable of nothing!” “Stop..” “I couldn't go to university because I was too stupid for it!” “Stop..” “It took me four months to find a ing job. As a temporary substitute.” “Jisu stop..” “I only worked for a month and they fired me BECAUSE I AM A ING FAILURE AND NOTHING I DO IS RIGHT!” “JISU STOP!” Hoseok yelled and stood up. He positioned himself directly infront of you and knelt, cupping your face with his hands. “You are not a failure. You are not useless. You hear me? I don't ever want to hear such things from you again, okay?” You shrugged. “I can't ing change myself Hoseok. I've tried so many times. I cannot.” He wiped your tears away with his thumbs. “I am not asking you to change, Jisu. I am asking you to see yourself. The real you.” “What's the point in it when in the end I will still be the same disgusting person?” “That you will not. You are the most strongest person I have ever known in my life beside my mother. God are you strong. You are so kind, so caring so full of love. You are so obsessed with feeding your love to everyone and helping everyone, taking care of everyone that you forget about yourself. Forget about showing yourself a bit of love, helping yourself out, taking care of yourself. Jisu, you are an amazing person with an amazing personality. Do you know how often you helped me getting out of some real bad ? Do you know how much you bring me to laugh every time we meet? And this although I am normally the funny person.” You chuckled.

“Even if you were fired, you will do better next time. You will find a job that is more suitable for you. Do not think too much about the debt of your parents. They can handle it. They will. In the end they are two mature human beings with decent jobs.” “Hoseok I-” “No let me finish. Do not ever let yourself drown into this kind of feelings and thoughts again okay? Cause you do not deserve it. You deserve much better, you beautiful person.” You were smiling and realized that you stopped crying. Hoseok smiled too. “See? That's much better.” He stood up and extended his hand for you. “Now come on. Let's walk a bit around before I drop you home.” You grabbed his hand and stood up.

You exited the playground and began walking while holding hands. “Hoseok.” You said and stopped, forcing him to come to a stop too. “What is it?” You hugged him tightly. “Thank you so much.” When he realized what was going on he hugged you back and rested the side of his face on your head. “Nothing to thank for. That's what friends are there for.” You parted and smiled at each other. “No Hoseok. You truly are the most precious person I've ever met. The most precious one to me after my family. Thank you for always being there for me.” He smiled and with that you returned to walking.

Inside you were thinking about what had happened before. You were so thankful that he had found you, that he comforted you, that he made you feel better again. At the point where you have been the most broken, he had achieved to put you together.