I should just forget about him.

One man loves you. (Eunhae songfic/one-shot)

For those who don't know the song, here's a link to make things easier for you. :D

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FryUacHx3aE)

--

 

No one’s point of view;

 

One man loves you.

He loves you with all his heart.                                          

 

His heartbeat sped up when a thought of his crush flashed across his mind.

 

“I should look for him.” Eunhyuk’s plump lips pulled up into a smile as he reminisced the times he shared with his crush. But his face instantly fell as he recalled the words that he said.

 

“You’re gay?! What a loser! Here’s an idea for you—why don’t you leave me alone and go ?”

 

Tears started forming in Eunhyuk’s eyes as the hurtful words replayed themselves in his head. He shook his head and just decided to love him from afar.

 

Every day, he follows you like a shadow.

He is laughing but actually crying.

 

He crept around the corner of the crowded high school corridor and peered into the mass of heads walking through the hallway. After scanning the crowd, he finally found the person he was looking for.

 

Donghae.

 

How could someone be this perfect? The way his thin lips curved up into a smile, the way his wavy shoulder-length hair bounced when he ran, the way his skin was an expanse of smoothness, the way his eyelashes fluttered when he blinked, Eunhyuk loved it all.

 

Then he noticed Donghae’s arm draped over a girl’s shoulder.

 

Of course. He should have known.

 

Donghae wasn’t like him.

 

Donghae didn’t like men.

 

Donghae wasn’t gay.

 

So it was perfectly fine for him to get a girlfriend.

 

But why did Eunhyuk feel a pang in his heart?

 

How much longer do I have to gaze at you like this alone?

 

Eunhyuk sighed and leaned his slack body onto the wall. Why was he the one who always had to chase after something he couldn’t ever acquire?

 

Him, the smart one. Him, the loved one.

 

Why didn't Donghae like him in the least?

 

Why did their friendship have to disappear?

 

This meaningless love, this miserable love.

Must I continue this way for you to love me?

 

“Should I just give up?” Eunhyuk’s mind was in turmoil. “Why won’t he just think about how I feel for once?”

 

There was no point in loving Donghae because he wouldn't even spare a thought about Eunhyuk. Why was he still following him around when he knew he would never love him?

 

“Maybe I should talk to him.”

 

And with that he made his decision. Eunhyuk stepped round the corner and walked confidently towards Donghae, wanting to hear an explanation.

 

Just come a little bit closer, a little more.

When I take a step closer, you take two steps back.

 

Donghae seemed to sense someone coming closer and he looked behind him to see the person he despised the most. He shot Eunhyuk a disgusted look before pressing a kiss to the girl’s lips and walking away with a smirk.

 

The fragments of Eunhyuk’s heart broke more—if possible—and he felt like the most hated person in the world.

 

I who loves you, even now am by your side.

That man cries.

 

“I’m always here for you, always thinking about you and silently giving you support, but why don’t you notice me?” Eunhyuk found that a tear had successfully fell from his eye and his confidence and morale broke.

 

That man is very timid.

So he learned how to laugh.

There are so many things that he can’t even tell his closest friend.

That man’s heart is full of tears.

 

Surprisingly Eunhyuk’s other friends didn’t seem to notice how much he hurt and just treated him normally, as if nothing had ever happened.

 

He just forced smiles and laughter, so that he could pretend like he was having fun and not dying on the inside each time he thought about Donghae.

 

What would it be like if they had been together? Would it have been sweet and romantic? Or would it have been just another one of Donghae’s flings?

 

It felt like since he was rejected and insulted by his unrequited love, Eunhyuk was nothing but a dark rain cloud. Whenever he thought about Donghae, he would start sobbing uncontrollably and he wouldn’t stop until there were no more tears to cry. And he never told anyone because he was afraid they would say the same things and treat him the same way as Donghae did.

 

So that man said that he loved you because you were the same as him.

Another fool, another fool.

 

Eunhyuk thought they had the same thoughts. Before the big confession, they had been best of friends—common interests, same age, similar personalities—except that Donghae was a player. He thought they were similar, and that was how his feelings grew for his oblivious buddy.

 

But he was terribly, terribly wrong.

 

Won’t you hug me once before you go?

I want to be loved, my dear.

Every day in my heart, in my heart, I shout out.

That man is beside you even today.

 

He didn’t know what to do. Should he chase him? Or just let him go? He could never have Donghae after all… All he wanted was for him to return just a little bit of his love, but no. He had to go break Eunhyuk’s heart and cause bucketful after bucketful of tears.

 

Eunhyuk kept torturing himself, reprimanding himself. His level of self-esteem fell with every hurtful statement he thought of himself.

 

Useless. Hated. Worthless.

 

Did you know that man is me?

Don’t tell me you know but you’re still doing this to me?

But you won’t know because my dear, you’re a fool.

 

Maybe Donghae was doing this on purpose. Maybe he had disliked him from the start and just wanted to fool around with him, like the player he was. Maybe he was just his toy.

 

“I should just forget about him.”

 

And one last tear fell before his heart stabilized itself and Eunhyuk smiled again.

 

--

Author's note;

My first songfic! Don't hate on me please. >< Also, please do check out my other fic Celestial Love and my one-shot Who Cares If It's Wrong. I would be really grateful if you could take some time to view them! :D Lovelovelove~ rach.