My Heart Is Broken (But You Brought Glue With You)

My Heart Is Broken (But You Brought Glue With You)

My Heart Is Broken
(But You Brought Glue With You)

 

He never thought things would happen this way. He never thought that he would end up in that road filled with laughter, happiness and feel none of it.
Why ?
Because he is getting dumped in that same road, with everyone not caring about them as they were sitting on a bench near the most romantic spot of the city.

 

“I’m sorry, SungYeol, but I think it’s for the best.”

 

Yeah, it was totally for the best when he saw him with his tongue down the throat of some random girl (or maybe she wasn’t that random and he should’ve seen it coming, but he did not, and now, it hurts like hell).

 

“Answer truthfully… Was I some experiment to you ? Just to make sure you were perfectly straight ? “

“You’re misunderstanding everything, SungYeol. I...”

“You what ? Are you going to tell me you were in love with me but I did not turn out to be the one you were expecting ? “

“Actually… That’s not far from it. “

“Sorry for not being a girl !”

 

His now ex-boyfriend is looking sympathically at him, not any sadness in his eyes. He looks annoyed to say the least. Maybe he was hoping for the break-up to be smooth and like a consensus.

 

“I am not the one for you.”

“I noticed so far !”

 

SungYeol couldn’t help the sarcasm coming from his mouth. He just couldn’t help it because to him, everything was going smoothly. They had been together for four months and before earlier, when he started to make a scene because he walked on him and his new girlfriend (or probably not so new) just a few minutes ago. His now ex-boyfriend had taken his wrist and forcefully made him leave with him (of course after apologizing to the girl who did not understand a thing that guy was saying about her boyfriend) to sit down there, and where he was trying to say « We’re over.».
So far, he was also getting on SungYeol’s nerves since he dared to cheat on him, and then pretend they were not made to be together by saying stupid things like « I’m not the one for you ». He noticed that a few minutes ago, thank you so much !
His ex-boyfriend extended his arm and was about to take hold of SungYeol’s while he started talking again.

“SungYeol…”

“Don’t even dare touching me !” said SungYeol, his eyes shooting daggers and his tone was like dripping acid.

 

The guy retreated his hand.

 

“I’m sorry… I didn’t want things to end like this, I swear…”

 

A sour laughter escaped SungYeol’s lips.

 

“Of course you did not ! You were probably planning on toying with me a bit more before deciding to leave me, am I right ?”

 

The other opened his mouth, but he already added some fuel to SungYeol’s anger.

 

“No, you know what ? I don’t want you to answer. I don’t want you to look at me the way you do. Do you even regret what you’re doing to me ? I bet not.”

 

SungYeol felt tears coming up but he didn’t want them to fall in front of that jerk. He didn’t deserve any of those tears. He was nothing. He deserved to be nothing to him.
Why did it hurt so much ?

 

“Gosh, you’re the worst.” said the guy, annoyed to the max. “I never thought you’d be such a sassy girl when I first saw you. You were fun to hang with, you were pretty…”

“I am NOT pretty. Pretty is an adjective for girls, mind you !” seethed SungYeol.

« Whatever. Is it my fault you look so much like one ?”

“ I … WHAT ?! “

“Only truth can hurt so far. “

 

Without thinking, SungYeol slapped him. And he slapped hard, leaving a big red mark on the other’s cheek.

 

“I guess not. “ said the other guy.

“I know you’re the one breaking up with me, but finally, I’m the one breaking up with you. I don’t even know why I started dating you in the first place ! “

“ Fine ! Let’s break up like that since you’re not ready to listen to me, anyway.”

“Oh please, you’re totally going to talk sh*t to make me believe I’m the one at fault for our break-up, because I changed and I did not managed to level up your expectation and whatever. Because you’ll tell me I’m not good enough for you and yada yada yada”

“Oh my… I dated a real child ! “ deadpanned the other.

“Oh my, I dated a total a*sh*le !”

“You seemed to like dating me since you made such a fuss earlier !” 

 

The other guy had a sufficient smile and SungYeol only wanted to wipe it off his face… And so he did with another hard slap on the face.

 

“Hitting is only for the weak ones.”

“No, I think it’s the perfect answer for your cocky behavior. Sorry for being surprised seeing you with a girl when you told me you were going to your grandma’s !”

 

An almost sadistic smile lightened (or darkened) SungYeol’s face as he added :

 

“I feel so much better after hitting you. You have no idea. You should start slapping yourself and maybe, just maybe, it will help you stop making stupid comments and being an total … But for that matter, you’ll need to slap hard and for a long time. Guess what ? You’re not the one breaking up with me. I’m the one breaking up with you. Because I deserve so much better than you.”

“I didn’t want our break up to be so dramatic but your drama queen side is showing again and it just annoys me. Then be it. We’re over and done. Do whatever you want with your life, for what I care !”

“FINE ! Just go back to her and leave me alone ! That’s the best decision you’ve ever made in your entire life !”

 “Just shut it, SungYeol.” 

“Go. NOW ! “

 

SungYeol’s eyes screamed murder. His heart was beating really fast and it was a proof that it was not entirely broken… At least not broken beyond repair. It was still beating…
Well, what did he expect ? For it to stop beating when the other would break up ?
At least, he was right when he thought that his world would go black. Because it did. He believed that he would spend some time with that guy.
SungYeol sniffed. He knew he looked worse than he wanted. He wanted to look like a guy who didn’t think much of his breaking up since it was bound to happen.
He’ll need time, because he was always the romantic type. He believed in every sweet words the other showered him with. He believed in every « I Love You » that the other told him…

Now, he was far away from him, and amongst all the people that was there, he felt lonely. His breathing was uneven. He was wandering, not knowing where his feet would take him. He didn’t care when he was going, as long as he was far. He wanted to find a shelter; somewhere he could hide from the pain he was feeling.
Hiding from the world that seemed to laugh at him, to point him and to remind him that he was stupid believing in that liar. After all, everything they shared looked like a lie.  And it hurt, knowing SungYeol just showed him his real self. And he didn’t do that often.    
Maybe being himself wasn’t what was going to help him with love. Maybe he should have some kind of mask or create a persona. Maybe he should become cold, more mature... Less himself. He should hide his bubbly self, his gummy smile and he should start scaring others with a cold facade ?

Maybe love didn’t love him.

For a long time, he remained in his thoughts. He did not notice crossing roads. He did not hear the cars’ honking. What woke him up were those arms that enveloped him.

 

“ Are you okay ?”

 

He did not answer, nor did he look at the stranger’s face. He didn’t care. Anyway, what was he to answer to that particular question ?
He just waited for the other to release him and he walked off without saying a word. He knew he was being rude and that the least he could’ve done was thanking him, but it was like his voice was off. He was almost liveless.
Suddenly, it dawned upon him.
He was single, and he was being cheated on. Worse, he was cheated on with a girl. And he was a boy.
Thinking of that, his heart broke once again. If it went on like that, there was going to be nothing left in his ribcage...

 

He didn’t know how he managed to get back to his own flat, but somehow, he did.

 

“ Hey Yeol, weren’t you supposed to... Yeol... What happened ?”

 

The smile of his best friend, WooHyun, faded as soon as he saw the haggard look on SungYeol’s face. It was like his body was there but his soul was far away, at a place where nobody could hurt him anymore. The student went straight to his room and let himself fall onto his mattress.

A warm hand started to rub his back. It felt good, but it made all the pain break free from SungYeol’s body and he started to sob uncontrollably. He was a crying mess now, and WooHyun became even more worried but he didn’t say a thing. He just kept on showing his friend he was there for him, without even judging him and after some time, he layed down beside his best friend and he backhugged him after pulling him closer.
After some hours of crying, SungYeol finally fell asleep and WooHyun didn’t know what to do since he didn’t know what happened. So he just stayed there, and ignored his own phone which was ringing in the other room.  After some time, he fell asleep too.

 

The day after everything happened, SungYeol found the courage to tell WooHyun – and his boyfriend SungGyu- what happened and he had to keep the duo from leaving the room to give a beating to the “heartless assh*le”, as SungGyu simply put it. 
And for a whole week, SungYeol did not leave his room. He ate for two, just as if he was pregnant – and that made WooHyun laugh a lot at the idea of SungYeol having a baby bump with a small SungYeol in it. SungGyu thought that hell would break loose if that was bound to happen, and that made the weird couple laugh even harder and SungYeol just pushed them out of his room. He needed calm to eat all the ice cream he wanted. He didn’t want those two idiots to ruin his ice cream moment. 
Plus, he didn’t want to spoil their fun saying he was NOT able to bear a child since he was a MAN. A real man, at that. And the thought of his ex calling him “pretty” and saying he was more feminine that masculine made his blood boil.
He doesn’t know how it happened but he ended up near his door, wearing his pyjamas and putting on some coat that was way too short for him (probably because it was WooHyun’s) when SungGyu put his hand on his shoulder.

 

“Where do you think you’re going ?”

“Show him a piece of my mind.”

“And you’re going to show up like that, in pyjamas and with your bunny slippers ?”

 

SungYeol looked down and then rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“ I would look totally ridiculous, right ?”

 

SungGyu did not answer him and just helped him take off the coat and pushed him slightly near the bathroom.

 

“ We haven’t asked you... Do you want to come with us ? We’re meeting with some of SungGyu’s old friend from high school.”

“ Huh... I don’t know if I feel like coming...”

“It would be fun if you came. I totally have to introduce you to DongWoo. He is just as bubbly as you are... Were... Whatever. You’ll get along just fine !” smiled SungGyu.

“Hyung, I...”

“I forgot to tell you. I won’t take no as an answer. We give you twenty minutes to be ready. If you’re not...”

 

SungGyu did not need to finish his sentence. There was a silent threat lying underneath and it made SungYeol shiver. He simply knew what the older was capable of and it kinda scared him.
That’s how he ended up walking alongside with the weird couple and going to some place he didn’t even know about. They stopped walking in front of a bubble tea shop and they entered it. Some guy waved at the trio entering the place and SungYeol got curious. Wasn’t he aware that he was attracting all the attention ?
SungGyu suddenly had this huge smile on his face.

 

“ Sorry, we’re late. It was a bit hard to make that thick head get out of his room.”

 

The guy laughed wholeheartedly.

 

“It’s okay. We came in like five minutes ago.” He smiled.

 

Then he extended his hand to SungYeol.

 

“ You must be the SungYeol guy I’ve been hearing a lot about. Nice to meet you, I’m DongWoo.”

 

DongWoo had an incredibly huge smile on his face and it somehow lifted a bit SungYeol’s dark mood as he shook his hand. When SungYeol managed to take his attention off DongWoo, he noticed three other persons seating at the same table.

DongWoo laughed again and introduced the others as being HoYa -his boyfriend-, SungJong –HoYa’s little brother- and MyungSoo –SungGyu’s childhood friend-. Then, conversation started to flow naturally. No one seemed disturbed by SungYeol’s gloomy appearance. They even tried to include him in some conversations.
After two bubble teas just like he loved them, SungYeol started opening up to the others. He told them some embarrassing stories about WooHyun who seemed to start regretting bringing him with them. DongWoo was so loud that sometimes, the persons seated near them looked weirdly at him, but he simply didn’t care. HoYa had this look full of tenderness only for DongWoo and the way they looked at each other made SungYeol, the romantic SungYeol, melt because of their cuteness. They had small gesture for each other which were showing how much they cared for each other and it made him a bit sad, knowing he never had any of that with his ex-boyfriend. He was always the one initiating any skinship.
Soon enough, he found himself standing up, with all those surprised look around him focused on him.

 

“ Sorry, I just remember I had somewhere I needed to go.”

“Already ?” said SungJong, who couldn’t hide his disappointment. The fun was only starting !
“ We’ll meet up again, I’m sure of that.”

 

SungYeol forced himself to smile and after bowing slightly and assuring WooHyun he was fine leaving on his own, he went to pay for his bubble teas and he left.
He liked DongWoo – what was there not to like about that boy ? He was like a sunshine and SungYeol was being a dark cloud – but he couldn’t stand the dull pain in his chest any longer. He needed to have some fresh air in order to feel better.
He started to walk away from the bubble tea shop and his steps were leading him at the same place where his heart had been broken into pieces.
He stopped in front of the bench, and there was still so many persons passing by without looking at him like SungYeol did not exist. It was exactly like a week ago. Nothing changed. What did he expect ? To say the truth, he was almost expecting to see his ex deeply kissing his girlfriend in front of him. He remembered exactly how he felt... How he still felt because of that.

 

“Stop going back here. He did not deserve you anyway.”

 

SungYeol turned round and was face to face with MyungSoo.

 

“ Did you follow me here ?”

“I did. You seemed sad, and I don’t think sadness is what suits you the best.”

“Oh, and what should suit me ?”

“ I don’t know. Maybe I should see you smile before knowing.”

 

SungYeol rolled eyes.

 

“ What you don’t know is that I was there... Last week.”

“W-What ?”

“ I saw absolutely everything, and heard everything. I know I shouldn’t have eavesdropped but you got me curious...”

“Our breaking up got you curious ?”

 

SungYeol started to feel bitter. What was SungGyu’s friend saying ?
The latter smiled a bit, and answered.

 

“ No. You got me curious. Not the guy that was with you, you did.”

“Me ? Why me ?”

“ What do I get if I answer your question ?”

“What do you want ?”

“To see you smile.”

“ You’re crazy !” scoffed SungYeol.

“Maybe I am. Would you care if I was ?”

 

He didn’t know what to answer. It was so sudden. MyungSoo’s eyes were sparkling and it was disturbing his train of thoughts.

 

“ You do barely know me.”

“I don’t need to know you more to want to see you smile.”

“ And now, you’re being weird.”

 

MyungSoo laughed.

 

“I am. I am being creep too, but I can’t help it.”

“Did you enjoy the show ?” asked SungYeol, bitterness overflowing from his tone.

“ You know, I would’ve hit him more if I were you.”

“Why ?”

“ Because I think you were being way too nice to him. He needed to be slapped more, and harder in order to get his ideas straight.”

 

SungYeol was looking at the guy in front of him with big round eyes, and it made MyungSoo keep a small smile. He held his hand to him.

 

“ What do you want ?”

“ I feel you won’t be able to smile just like that.”

“And ?”

“And I need you to smile.”

“ Can you please stop with your greasy answers ? I’m starting to think you’ve learned them from WooHyun and that’s gross.”

“I personally think WooHyun learned them from me.”

 

SungYeol laughed a bit. This situation was ridiculous.

 

“ We’re getting there.” Smiled MyungSoo.

 

He put his hand back in his pocket.

 

“Wanna come with me ?”

“ Where are you going ?”

“ I’m willing to acquaint you.”

“Why ?”

“Do you always have so many questions ?”

“ Is it bad ?”

 

MyungSoo laughed again. It was a slow, almost breathless laugh.

 

“ It is not. It shows that you are curious and a bit wary of me. I’m SungGyu’s friend, you don’t have to worry about what I can think of you.”

 

He came closer to SungYeol and the latter started to feel weird.

 

“ DongWoo is my friend so I think your weirdness can’t be a bad thing. Please, just come with me. I have something to show you.”

“I don’t know you.”

“That’s the perfect occasion for us to get to know each other, don’t you think ?”

 

SungYeol nodded and started to follow MyungSoo. They walked for a while and they started talking about everything and anything at some point. MyungSoo in fact wasn’t that talkative, but something about him made SungYeol talk a lot. He did not remember the last time he talked like that. It was just comfortable being around him for now, as he didn’t seem to judge him nor did he seem to want to humiliate him. Anyway, SungGyu would have his back.
They arrived at some dead end and MyungSoo kept on walking until he was at the very end and he entered a really old building that looked about to collapse. SungYeol was wary of going inside but MyungSoo was waiting for him, and he held his hand to him.

 

“Aren’t you going to come ?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Trust me.”

“How can I trust you ? We just met.”

 

MyungSoo walked to SungYeol and took hold of his hand. Then he started to walk inside again, but this time, the young man with a broken heart followed him.

 

“ Just like that.”


SungYeol followed him like an obedient puppy and after climbing up some stairs, MyungSoo pushed open a door which led to some kind of workshop.

 

“Where are we ?”

“This place is old, this place is about to collapse, but this is where I feel I can be whatever I want and where I can do whatever pleases me.”

“And what are you planning to do, here ?”

 

MyungSoo pointed at a hammer which was laying on the floor.

 

“I’m helping you release all the anger and sadness you have inside you.”

“Why would I do that in front of you ?”

“Because I know what you’re going through and trust me, you’ll feel better after that.”

 

SungYeol did not seem completely convinced but he didn’t say anything.

 

“ Take it and destroy what’s there.”

 

MyungSoo then pointed at a scale model of a house. A pretty one, at that.

 

“ Why should I do it ?”

“Because I can’t seem to do it myself.”

 

Suddenly, SungYeol felt like there was a change in the atmosphere between them. It became heavier and he didn’t like it one bit. So he walked to the hammer and held it the best he could –it was really heavy- and he got closer to the scale model. Then he turned to the now-silent man which was not leaving his side for a second.

 

“ Are you really sure you want me to do it ?”

 

He nodded. SungYeol breathed in and out for a second and he gave the first hammer blow. Everything started to be destroyed as he went on doing so. It felt good, just like MyungSoo said. He kept on hitting the poor scale model which didn’t look like anything anymore. When he felt like the thing was a blow away from being entirely destroyed, he stopped and asked his henchman :

 

“ What was it representing ?”

“ My crushed hope of a future with my ex-boyfriend.”

 

Hearing that, SungYeol handed him the hammer.

 

“Then I shouldn’t be the one giving it the final blow.”

 

MyungSoo seemed to hesitate, and finally took the hammer from SungYeol and made him take a few steps behind, in order not to get hurt in the process. Then, he took a second to breathe in and out and then, he hit hard.
All the small elements that were on the scale model fell into pieces and they successfully destroyed everything. A small silence settled in between them, but it was a comfortable one. The only thing that could be heard was their uneven breathing.
After a while, SungYeol put his hand on the shoulder of MyungSoo.

 

“ Do you know why I made you do it with me ?” MyungSoo asked SungYeol.

“ No ?”

“Because I felt like I needed someone too. I wouldn’t have been able to do it if you weren’t there, SungYeol.”

 

All of MyungSoo screamed sincerity and SungYeol just wanted to believe what his eyes were telling him.

 

“ From what I heard from SungGyu and WooHyun, you’re the childish yet bubbly type of person. I have heard a lot of stories about WooHyun and you, and I was curious to meet you. But it turns out you were the guy that almost got it by a car last week and who looked like he had seen a ghost because his boyfriend broke him. And I know how much it hurts even though I got over that. And when I knew you were WooHyun’s friend and you weren’t bubbly anymore, I think you need help to go back to who you were before him.”

“ You can simply be sweet-talking me, for what I know.”

“ I could be. That’s true. But I’m not... not now, at least.”

“What ?”

 

MyungSoo smiled.

 

“ I want to help you. And you’re going to help me too.”

“How ?”

“ I want you to help me make a new scale model.”

“ Of what ?”

“Of what can be my life now that he’s gone and that everything that was related to him is gone.”

 

SungYeol seemed to be thinking about a lot of things.

 

“Sure. What more do I have to lose ?”

“Don’t think of what you have to lose. Only think of what you have to win.”

“So ?”

“You have a lot to win from going on like this guy never crushed your heart.”

“Like what ?”

“You’ll see.”

 

SungYeol’s cell phone rang and he rolled eyes when he saw that it was WooHyun who was calling.

 

“ Yes ? [...] No, I’m not there [...] I’m safe, I’m with MyungSoo [...] Yeah, MyungSoo like SungGyu’s friend [...] geez, you’re a bummer [...] Yeah, see ya later and don’t even think of doing it in my room !”

 

Both MyungSoo and SungYeol laughed at WooHyun’s “you’re no fun, Yeol” and then, he hang up.

 

“ I think I have to go back.” Said SungYeol after a while.

“ Okay. I’ll take you home.”

“I’m not some girl, you know.”

“I perfectly know that. It is my way to show you I want to spend more time with you.”

 

SungYeol opened and closed his mouth. MyungSoo’s answer rendered him speechless. That guy was so weird ! They barely knew each other !
 

“And don’t start asking questions like “why would you want to spend time with me ?” because it would annoy me to the max and I’m pretty sure you don’t want that to happen, right ?”


He did not answer because he knew he did not have to. MyungSoo wasn’t waiting for an answer, anyway. He already started to walk toward the door and was clearly expecting SungYeol to go with him. Instead, he was simply looking at MyungSoo as if he had grown another head.

 

“Something’s wrong ?”

“N-No. Let’s go !”

 

He went toward the entrance of the building first, and MyungSoo was beside him in a flash. They left the building and they made it to SungYeol’s flat with minimal talk. Once in front of the door, SungYeol faced MyungSoo.

 

“Thank you.”

“What for ?”

“For this... It doesn’t matter.”

 

MyungSoo nodded.

 

“Now that you’re home, I’m leaving. See you later !”

 

SungYeol waved until MyungSoo could no longer be seen, and when he turned to the door, he realized WooHyun and SungGyu were there and they frightened him.

“For how long have you been...?”

“Not so long...” Answered SungGyu.

“Since the very beginning.” Smiled WooHyun.

 

SungGyu threw a nasty look at his boyfriend who only shrugged. SungYeol rolled eyes at the duo and he went inside.

 

“So... What did you do with MyungSoo ?” WooHyun asked.

“Nothing much. We talked.”

“Oh... You talked. That’s it ?”

“What did you expect us to do ?”

“I don’t know. He’s weird and good looking, you are weird and people seem to think you’re cute. You would be...”

“Hyunnie, he just broke up with his boyfriend. You can’t already expect them to be together. Give them some time.”

“Who tells you I want to be with him ?”

 

The couple looked at SungYeol as if what he just said was plainly stupid.

 

“ Well... He followed you and he probably put up with you being all gloomy. He deserves a medal.”

 

SungYeol stared at his bestfriend.

 

“ I can’t believe you just said that.”

“Neither do I” said SungGyu.

“That’s true, though.”

 

SungYeol went to his room. The afternoon he spent with MyungSoo was special. He did not expect him to follow him and to behave the way he did. As he told him he saw everything, he was expecting him to pity him or to mock him.
But he did not. And it made SungYeol feel better. And maybe, MyungSoo could be the answer to his silent plea to find something to change his mind.

 

A couple of days went by and SungYeol did not hear about MyungSoo. That’s probably because he noticed he forgot to ask for his number.
He silently sulked at his own stupidity when he heard a few know at the front door of his apartment. Well, he didn’t have to worry, WooHyun was probably there and he’ll get the door. He waited and listened for a while. The knocking could still be heard and no-one went to the door. SungYeol sighed and opened the door.
He couldn’t hide his surprise when he saw MyungSoo in front of him.

 

“ Hi.”

“Hi. Do you want to come in ?”

“Hm... Actually, no thanks.”

“Okay ?”

 

An awkward silence lasted for a few seconds before MyungSoo spoke again.

 

“ I was wondering if you would come with me. I’m planning to make a new scale model and I thought you could help me with that.”

“Okay. Just give me a few seconds.”

 

SungYeol rushed to his room to change his clothes and MyungSoo patiently waited. Then SungYeol and him left the flat and went again to the building about to collapse and they sat down next to each other.

 

“I’m not good with building things. I’m better at destroying them...” SungYeol admitted.

“Then you’ll just keep me company. Is it okay with you ?”

“Totally.”

 

MyungSoo smiled and a cute dimple could be seen. SungYeol surprised himself smiling too.
The afternoon flew by at lightning speed. SungYeol handed MyungSoo what he needed. He felt like an assistant and he liked it. They talked a lot and he felt way better after spending his afternoon with his new friend. When the sun set, they both left the place and MyungSoo walked SungYeol back to his flat.  As SungYeol was about to close the door after biding him goodbye, MyungSoo spoke up again.

 

“Wait... Can I... You know...”

 

SungYeol got curious.

 

“ Yeah ?”

“Can I have your number ? I assure you I...”

“Sure.”

“I won’t be bothering you and... What did you say ?”

 

SungYeol smiled.

 

“ I said sure. It would be more convenient for both of us.”

 

MyungSoo smiled too and then, they exchanged numbers.

 

“I’ll text you, then.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

 

MyungSoo left, and SungYeol couldn’t help but grin. He had totally forgotten about asking for his number and thankfully, MyungSoo did. It proved him that MyungSoo did not think he was a bother because he got really talkative when he was with him. He did not know why he was like that with someone he barely knew, but he decided to just let it go and to be himself. He almost skipped around to his room, but WooHyun looking at him weirdly restrained him to do so.
He felt way better thanks to MyungSoo.

 

A small routine started that day. When he had some time, he went to help MyungSoo even though most of the time, he was simply there to keep him company. When they weren’t together, they spent most of their time texting each other. It was most of the time silly jokes or pointless conversations. But it was for the good.
SungYeol’s smile was finally back, and MyungSoo was to thank for that. WooHyun and SungGyu kept an eye on both of them, and they agreed upon that : something was going on between the two of them but they needed to be sure of it before telling the good news to their friend who were dying to see a happy MyungSoo.
The duo spent lots of time together, and after a while, they did not only went to the old building to do the scale model. They went out to do some shopping, they went to some coffee or to watch a movie together.
A month later, SungGyu decided to invite them over to his flat for some dinner where he invited also all his friends. SungYeol was curious as to why SungGyu decided to do that now and he was not the only one, according to MyungSoo’s texts.  He was getting ready in his room while texting MyungSoo. His friend was also getting ready and he was sending him silly jokes that made SungYeol laugh out loud a lot.

 

“Are you okay ?” WooHyun asked while passing by his friend’s room.

“Yeah, MyungSoo is being stupidly funny. That’s all.”

 

WooHyun did not say anything else. He smiled secretly, knowing his best friend was feeling better and he perfectly knew who to thank for that. He texted SungGyu and he told him how well things were going. SungGyu was being a bit overprotective over MyungSoo and WooHyun knew it very well. His boyfriend did not exactly tell him what happened to MyungSoo, and he could only guess. Maybe that’s why SungYeol became close to him so fast.
A few minutes later, when WooHyun was putting on his shoes, he heard his best friend laugh from his own room and he found himself smiling too. His best friend was being happy again. He longed to hear that laughter again even though, sometimes, he hated how his friend laughed of him. But that was who he was and he was more than happy to see his friend like that again.

 

“WooHyun ?”

“Yeah ?”

“You’re ready ? MyungSoo is already at SungGyu’s. We should get going.”

“You’re right. Let’s go !”

 

The two friends started walking together to SungGyu’s flat. They did not talk much, but WooHyun made the most of SungYeol’s happy mood. The latter was saying silly jokes or he was pestering him, but WooHyun was happy. His friend was back and that was all that mattered.
They rang the bell and SungGyu opened the door. He suddenly had a huge smile on his lips as he pushed SungYeol inside the flat and as he hang himself to his boyfriend’s neck. They shared a sweet kiss and SungYeol and MyungSoo were looking at them and then, they rolled eyes.

 

“They’ve been together for what... Five years, and yet, I still want to puke when I see how cheesy they still are.” Laughed SungYeol.

 

MyungSoo laughed too and then looked at his friend in the eyes.

 

“ Don’t we all want to be like them, even after five years ?”

 

A sweet smile made his way to SungYeol’s lips.

 

“That’s true.”

 

A special gleam could be seen in MyungSoo’s eyes as he kept on eying SungYeol and then, he smiled.
 

“Urgh, they’re going to make me puke... And you two are going to make me puke too. Stop looking at each other like that and kiss already.”

“Thank you for ruining everything for them, SungJong. I was patiently waiting in SILENCE for one of them to make his move.” Said DongWoo, a bit unhappy because of SungJong.

“I was just saying out loud what other people think, is that bad ?”

“It is only when you ruin something like that.”

“What exactly did he ruin ?” interjected SungYeol. “We were just talking, that’s it.”

 

MyungSoo nodded.

 

“What is going on here ?”

 

Every head turned to the weird but happy couple that just joined them.

 

“Nothing.” Shrugged SungJong.

“He just ruined one of many MyungYeol cute moment !” wailed DongWoo.

 

His boyfriend patted his arm as if to comfort him.

 

“MyungYeol ? What is MyungYeol ?” asked SungYeol.

“Easy : MyungSoo and SungYeol. MyungYeol.” SungJong deadpanned.

 

DongWoo laughed.

 

“Are you all... Shipping us or something like that ?”

“We do. Is that bad ?” HoYa answered.

 

SungYeol did not know what to say so he remained silent.
The dinner flew by and was filled with laughter, good mood and everything SungYeol could ever want in a party.  
WooHyun stayed back to help his boyfriend with the cleaning up and MyungSoo brought SungYeol back to his flat. They did not talk like they used to.

 

“Is there something wrong ?”

 

MyungSoo did not answer. He did not even meet SungYeol’s eyes like he would.

 

“MyungSoo ?”

“You’re there. I have to...”

“MyungSoo, please. Talk to me.”

“It doesn’t matter. See you later.”

 

And just like that, he left without looking once at SungYeol. He did not understand. What had happened ? He was pretty sure he didn’t do anything wrong !
WooHyun did not come back to the flat that night, neither did MyungSoo answer any texts SungYeol sent him that night.

 

Little by little, SungYeol came back to be the one he was after the break up. His smile disappeared. He was also getting desperate because MyungSoo kept avoiding him. He still did not answer any texts, nor did he open up the door when SungYeol was there, knocking until his hand was hurting. He did not come back to the old building nor did he continue the scale model.
Two weeks went by and SungYeol did not understand what was going on. It was MyungSoo’s right to make his way in SungYeol’s life and to leave it just as suddenly as he came in. It could do whatever he wanted...
Yet, SungYeol felt really sad. He felt stupid because he shouldn’t feel the way he feels. It scares him even more now that MyungSoo was clearly avoiding him. And it hurt.
In order to stop thinking of him, he threw himself in his studies and when exam period was over, he came back to the old building to busy himself.

A month went by and still no sign of MyungSoo. SungYeol was working on a new project in the old building. He spent all his time there, even bringing a radio to avoid the heavy silence that surrounded him, because of MyungSoo’s absence. When he was not working on his project, he was lying on his bed and most of the time, he was unable to sleep. Why was MyungSoo hurting him more than his cheating ex-boyfriend ?
But they both had something in common : SungYeol did not see it coming.
WooHyun and SungGyu were getting worried because of the sudden change of behaviour of MyungSoo and of SungYeol. MyungSoo clearly avoided everything that had to do with SungYeol and SungYeol lost his cheerfulness. He was hurting.

“Back to square one...” WooHyun sighed.

 

SungGyu backhugged his boyfriend.

 

“What can we do to keep that from happening ?”

“It has already happened. You can’t do anything to keep it from happening... Yet... We can still try to make MyungSoo talk. Something happened the night I invited everyone over. We have to know what it is in order to be able to do something.”

 

WooHyun turned round to look at his boyfriend’s face.

 

“You’re so clever. I’m lucky we are not like them.”

“Of course we are not. We’ve been through that long ago.” He smiled and WooHyun’s heart melted.

“And I’m lucky I have you.”

 

They kissed slowly but their kiss was full of love. SungGyu’s cell phone rang and they broke the kiss.

 

“Yeah, DongWoo ? [...] You’re sure about that ? [...] Clever idea. Let’s work on that ! [...] See ya in a bit.”

 

He hang up and smiled to his boyfriend.

 

“Guess MyungYeol’s fanclub has a plan. They are coming in a while.”

“Really ?”

 

SungGyu nodded and when WooHyun was about to say something, someone rang the bell. One of the owners of the flat went to the door and let DongWoo, HoYa and SungJong in. DongWoo had one of his signature big smile. They all settled in the couch.

 

“Where is SungYeol ?”

“I have no idea. He always leaves early and comes back late.”

 

Everyone nodded. Then DongWoo went on talking about the plan they set up with HoYa and SungJong. They could not let a wannabe couple fall apart without being a couple. WooHyun’s face brightened when DongWoo stopped talking.

 

“That’s... Actually a good idea. I’m surprised.”

“Why are you surprised ?” pouted DongWoo “I do always come up with good plans, right ?”

 

Silence was his answer.

 

“Wow, thank you guys. I feel appreciated.”

“Well... Your last plan to put SungJong with someone... Do you remember how it ended up ?”

“It was a mistake, okay ? I couldn’t guess that SungJong would end up covered in cake.”

“You do NEVER EVER meddle in my private life, okay Hyung ?”

 

DongWoo pouted again but nodded nonetheless.

 

“But this time, I assure you, it will work.”

 

SungGyu sighed.

 

“This is our one and only chance. We can’t afford to waste it.”

“Waste what ?”

 

They all turned their head to SungYeol who just came back from no-one-knew-where.

 

“There you are ! Where were you ?”

“SungGyu-Hyung, please, don’t start nagging. I don’t need any of that right now.”

“He is still not answering, right ?”

 

Their face softened while SungYeol’s hardened.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he had blocked my number.”
“You want to see him, right ?”

“... I do.”

“Then listen to us carefully, okay ?”

 

SungYeol was wary. DongWoo told him his plan and he listened to every word that was said. He couldn’t help but be sceptical.

 

“What makes you think he will buy it ?”

“As if he could expect that from you !”

“When do you want to do that ?”

“As soon as possible.”

 

SungYeol seemed to be overthinking everything and after a silence, he spoke again.

 

“Okay, count me in.”

 

Everyone except him smiled.

 

“ Trust us, okay ?”

“Honestly, I think it can’t be worse than now... Let’s do it the day after tomorrow, okay ? I have... I have something for him.”

“Is it bad ?”

 

SungYeol shook his head.

 

“ Okay. That’s settled then.”

 

They stood up and they left the flat right after hugging SungYeol –When DongWoo had hugged him, he thought he saw death with his own eyes. Plus he kept on saying “everything will be okay” as if he knew what was going on inside SungYeol... He could not possibly know, right?
SungYeol wasn’t sure about anything, and one thing he was not sure of is how he managed to get locked in a hug between the WooGyu. They were hugging him so hard that he could barely breathe. Yet, apart from that, it felt good.

 

“You are not alone, Yeol, you know that right ?”

“I do. Thank you.”

 

They set him free and he went to his room. If the plan was due to happen in two days, then he’d better finish his project before meeting up with him. That’s why he went to bed extra-early that day and he woke up just as early the day after.
He wanted everything to be perfect when he would see MyungSoo. He left even before the weird couple was awake. He needed everything to be perfect. If DongWoo had a plan, SungYeol had one too. And he was planning to take the opportunity his friends gave him to proceed it.
No one would be able to stop him.
It took him a bit more than the rest of the day to finish it. It wasn’t exactly perfect but SungYeol thought it would be enough, knowing what he would do with that project.
He came home with it under his arms, and received curious looks from WooHyun who, for once, was alone.

 

“What is that ?”

“My own plan.”

“Is it what you were doing all that time ?”

“Partly.”

“Okay... Have you eaten ?”

“I... Listen, I don’t need another mom, WooHyun.”

“But you need someone to remind you to eat because you can’t do that yourself especially when you’re like that.”

“Like what ? When I’m like what ?”

 

A light silence broke and SungYeol was glaring at his best friend who seemed sad.

 

“Broken hearted... Once again.”

 

SungYeol felt his eyes burn because of the tears that were coming.

 

“You don’t know...”

“I do. It seems like you don’t remember how I was before SungGyu. How many times my own heart broke.”

“But now, you have SungGyu. It’s like your past doesn’t count.”

“It still does. It is part of me, like every time your heart got broken, it is part of you. It is what will make you stronger.”

“Right now, I don’t know if I can be strong...” whispered SungYeol.

 

WooHyun came to him and enveloped him in a tight hug. SungYeol felt his eyes burn even more.

 

“Stop holding back your tears. You need to cry, Yeol, as I know you won’t in front of him. Don’t hold back.”

“It’s so hard, Hyun.”

“Ssh... I know, it will be okay.”

“What if it doesn’t ?”

“We’ll find a way to change things. Don’t overthink everything. Right now, all you need is to eat and to sleep. You look exhausted.”

 

A small laugh escaped SungYeol’s mouth.

 

“I am. You’re right.”

“Come, we still have lots of SungGyu’s Kimchi.”

“The best in the world.”

“You said it.” WooHyun winked.

 

They went to the kitchen and after taking a huge amount of food, they ate in front of the tv. After a moment, WooHyun became curious as to why SungYeol was so quiet in front of his favourite show and he saw that the latter was already sleeping. WooHyun smiled a bit.

 

“Stay strong, Yeol. You are not alone, I promise you we won’t let you down.”

He then just stayed by his side, until he fell asleep too.
It is SungGyu that woke the two friends up when he came into the flat.

 

“Time to get ready, Yeol.”

“Already ?” SungYeol yawned.

“I’m afraid so.”

 

SungYeol did not even remember falling asleep there. The only thing he remembered was laughing with WooHyun and suddenly, he felt sleepy. He went to the shower and got ready to go. The couple was waiting for him, after all. He sighed and took his projet which he put into a bag.

 

“You’re ready ?” SungGyu asked.

“I’ll never be, Hyung.”

“Let’s go, then.”

“Only the two of us ?”

“WooHyun did not have time to shower yet and we have no more time to waste. You both have to settle this.”

“You’re right, Hyung.”

 

SungGyu smiled a little bit, then he kissed his boyfriend before leaving with his boyfriend flatmate. They were silent for most of the route. Then, when they arrived in front of HoYa’s flat, SungGyu put his hands on both of SungYeol’s shoulders.

 

“Whatever he tells you, don’t back down. You need to sort this.”

“I will.”

“Hwaiting !”

 

SungYeol managed to smile a bit and then, HoYa came out of his own flat.

 

“Is he here, already ?”

“Not yet. But he’ll be there soon. Just hide in my room and when he’s here, I’ll tell you.”

“Thank you.”

 

HoYa ruffled SungYeol’s hair and SungGyu left. They went inside and they waited. SungYeol felt tension rush through his veins when they heard a faint knocking at the door. HoYa pointed some random room and SungYeol went there. His heart was beating so fast, and he was clutching at his project as if it was his scapegoat.

He could hear MyungSoo’s voice from where he was. It made him happy and at the same time, it could feel his heart break a bit.

“Why did you want to see me, Hyung ?”
“It is hard to see you nowadays. I was wondering how you were doing.”

“Things are not easy...”  

“I guess so. Do you want to talk to me about it ?”

“No. That would be really weird because I think you’ll talk about it to DongWoo and we both know DongWoo can’t keep his mouth shut.”

 

HoYa let out an awkward laugh.

 

“You’re right. Moreover, I’m not the one to whom you should be talking.”

“Hyung... I can’t.”

“Why not ?”

“Isn’t it better that way ?”

“It is not, and you know it.”

 

MyungSoo sighed.

 

“What else can I do ?”

“Talk to him.”

“I can’t.”

“You can... And you will.”

“What ?”

 

HoYa had that secretive smile on his lips and MyungSoo did no longer feel secure.

 

“HoYa... What have you done ?”

“I’m doing my best to repair what you’ve broken.”

“What have I broken ?”

“His trust. And more than that, but I’ll let him tell you himself.”

“Wha...”

 

HoYa went to the room and opened the door. A few seconds later, SungYeol stood up in front of MyungSoo and beside HoYa.

 

“Now’s your chance, MyungSoo. Seize it.”

 

He lightly taped SungYeol’s shoulder and he left.
MyungSoo was avoiding to look at the other boy in the eyes, and the other did not waste time and was taking in as many informations about MyungSoo –how he looked, how he smelled, how he made his heart beat so fast- as he could before going right in front of him.

 

“Hello MyungSoo. Do you remember me ?”

 

He opened his mouth but no sound came out.

 

“I’m the guy you followed first. The one you saw breaking up with his boyfriend and the one to whom you said “He did not deserve you. You’re worth so much more than that kind of guy.” And now, here I am, in front of you and I wonder... What happened to that guy ?”

 

SungYeol’s eyes were already glowing but it was not the kind of glow MyungSoo expected to see. He looked like he was doing his best not to cry in front of him. SungYeol saw that MyungSoo finally looked at him, but his chest tightened noticing that he keep a straight face, as if he did not care about him at all.

He took in some air before he went on, his voice weaker than before.

 

“I made this for you.”

 

His hands were shaking when he handed MyungSoo his present. The latter lowered his eyes and opened the present. It was a heart made in wood.

 

“It is pretty isn’t it ? I spent hours making it in that old building we used to go together. It did not matter anymore since I am the only one going there. Memories are long gone, now, am I right ?”

 

He thought he saw MyungSoo’s hands shake a bit but he thought it was just his imagination tricking him to see what he wanted to see. He wanted to see MyungSoo in the same state as he was : With his heart beating too fast, with lots of difficulties to be able to make a sentence instead of some babbling. His hands were sticky and he felt uncomfortable. He was also scared to become a crying mess in a few minutes, but he kept his breathing as steady as he could so he would appear strong. Or at least stronger than he really was.
He needed his facade on so he could sort everything out. That was necessary.

 

“You probably don’t know why I’m giving this to you, right ? Because you are dense, I think you did not notice a thing. Yet, I thought I made myself obvious enough.” SungYeol started to have a short laughter which did not contain any visible trace of humour. “ You are pretty dense sometimes. Even the others noticed how I behave in front of you and they don’t even know me as well as you do... As well as I thought you did.”

 

His breathing became shallow, and he felt most of his courage sleeping away. His legs weren’t steady anymore and he was sure his heart was about to burst. Yet, he had to do this. He had to say it. So that he could move on.
He gazed right into MyungSoo’s eyes and he breathlessly said :

 

“ I like you, MyungSoo. I really do.”

 

A lonely tear escaped and rolled down his cheek. He had an awkward laughter which made MyungSoo shiver.

 

“You tricked me into believing that you were someone nice. Someone I could rely on. You made me feel good and you made me dependant of you. I needed your smile, your everything to feel something. I noticed something changed but I did not think it was bad. How wrong I was...”

 

SungYeol bit his lips and then went on. He was clearly shivering and he was totally exposing his soul to MyungSoo. He needed to do it just once.

 

“I thought you could be the one I needed. Now, can you hand me the heart back, please ?”

 

He reluctantly did, and SungYeol went through his bag and took the small hammer from it. MyungSoo’s eyes size doubled.

 

“What...”

“This hammer is you, MyungSoo. Watch carefully.”

 

He gave one big blow to the heart which broke into two pieces. Then, he let go of the hammer and took hold of the two pieces of heart.

 

“And that is my heart now that I know who you really are. I can’t believe how easy it was for you to make me fall for you. I can’t believe I was such a fool...”

 

SungYeol had a small giggle and he was scared he was becoming insane.

 

“But all of it is over. I’m over and done waiting for you MyungSoo. I like you, I really do. But I deserve better than that.”

 

He left the two pieces of heart at the ground, picked up the hammer, put it back in the bag and without sparing a glance to MyungSoo, he left.
He wasn’t surprised to see WooHyun waiting for him. He had this worried look in the eyes.

 

“Yeol...”

“I’m going to be fine, now. Give me a week or two and I’ll be fine.”

 

WooHyun hugged SungYeol hard and the latter started to cry. WooHyun felt his heart tighten and he ended up giving a piggy ride to his best friend who was no longer steady on his legs.

 

“Why do you have such long legs if they can’t stand you ?”

 

SungYeol gave him no answer. He sighed.
They made it to their flat, and SungGyu was waiting for them. He gave a meaningful glance to his boyfriend and the latter just shook his head. The older let out an heavy sigh. WooHyun delicately put SungYeol down in his bed. He took off his shoes and he put a sheet over him. His sobs had stopped and he was half-asleep.  

WooHyun gently closed the door.

 

“The plan failed ? “

“From what I heard outside, Yeol has poured his heart out and he has said everything he meant to say.”

“What did MyungSoo say ?”

“He did not say a single word.” WooHyun deadpanned.

 

SungGyu lowered his head and his boyfriend took his hand.

 

“ Now, we probably should let go. Maybe they’re not meant to be...”

“They’re like a match made in heaven. How can they not be ?”

 

WooHyun put his arm around his boyfriend’s waist and his head fell on his shoulder. WooHyun put a gentle kiss on his boyfriend’s forehead.

 

“They will be okay. I know they will.”

“How can they be ? They still need to be pampered. They need us, WooHyun. And we failed.”

“We did not. MyungSoo failed at telling SungYeol that he felt the same way. He failed them. We did not.”

 

They stayed like that even when the rest of the group minus MyungSoo came to the flat and had some kind of crisis meeting. They felt just as desperate about what happened earlier when HoYa told them everything.

 

“Was I wrong about them ?” Whispered DongWoo, unsure of what to say.

“You were not. You did not see MyungSoo fall apart right after SungYeol left.”

“He did ?” asked SungJong, surprised.

 

HoYa nodded.

 

“He had the two part of the heart in his hands and he kept on watching them blankly. Then he started crying. It’s been a long time since he cried like that.”

 

He glanced meaningfully at SungGyu who let out a sigh.

 

“I knew it would happen again... But because of SungYeol ? I did not see that coming.”

“What are we going to do now ?” wailed DongWoo.

WE are not going to do anything. We won’t meddle in their business anymore.” Reasoned HoYa.

‘But...”

“No “buts”, jagiya. They are grown up and we need to stop hovering over them. They need to behave like grown-ups.”

 

No one went against HoYa. They all knew he was right. Yet, they couldn’t help but worry about them. They felt that tension between them. They did not hallucinate when they saw the looks they were giving each other.
Why was everything so complicated ?

 

Like he said, it took a week for SungYeol to be able to behave almost like before. He went out like before, he bothered WooHyun as much as before. Yet, he noticed that SungYeol would look outside more than he did before. His smiles were fake. Over the years, he managed to see through SungYeol’s facade.
Even though he had a good front, he was able to see more than he showed. And that day was no different.

 

“Hyun ! I’m leaving !”

“To where ?”

“I have a few more books I have to buy.”

“BDs ?”

“No” SungYeol rolled his eyes. “Real books.”

“That’s impressive... Ouch !”

“Bull’s eye.” SungYeol smiled.

 

His childish behaviour was back and that was not necessarily a good thing to WooHyun as he was the main victim in SungYeol’s case. He heard the door slam shut. When was his best friend going to be back to normal ?
SungYeol, as for him, was walking down the street. He was humming a sad song he heard earlier as he walked towards the shop. He did not need lot of time to find the books he was looking for and he was almost hopping happily after he went out of the shop.
Someone appeared right in front of him, giving him a good fright.

 

“What the hell ?!”

“Hello SungYeol.”

 

 In front of his eyes was standing MyungSoo, with a camera hanging around his neck.

 

"I don’t want to see you.”

“I do.”

“You lost your chance to speak to me, so go away.”

“You startled me last time. I...”

“It is no longer time for you to find any excuse. It is time for you to leave me alone.”

“Sorry, I can’t.”

“Why not ?”

“Because you told me you love me. And I happen to feel the same way towards you.”

 

SungYeol’s heart missed a beat. He had a weird laughter and MyungSoo was looking at him straight in the eyes.

 

“Very funny.”

“I’m not joking though.”

“Sorry, I do no longer have time to waste with you.”

 

SungYeol passed by MyungSoo but the latter took hold of his wrist.

 

“What ?”

“I can understand that you’re busy right now. But can you come to the old building tomorrow in the afternoon... Around two ?”

“Why would I do that ?”

“Because you had your time to talk. Now is mine.”

 

MyungSoo let go of SungYeol.

 

“Please.”

“I’ll see if I’ll come.”

“Thank you. See you tomorrow !”

“Hey, I did not say I will...”

 

MyungSoo was no longer listening to him as he was already far away. He ruffled his hair as he was getting annoyed. Who the hell did he think he was, taking him for granted ?! Now, he was really annoyed.

He went back to the flat where SungGyu and WooHyun were sitting on the couch, watching a program together. They jumped when they heard the door slam.

 

“Yeol ? What’s going on ?”

“What’s going on ? That jerk, MyungSoo, happened to me !!”

 

The couple sit up straight and SungYeol knew he had all their attention.

 

“What did he do to you ?”

 

WooHyun’s tone was somewhat threatening.

 

“He went to me saying that he felt the same way I do and that he wanted to talk to me.”

“He finally did.” SungGyu said. He seemed relieved for an unknown reason.

“Yeah, he did... Wait, what ?”

“He finally mustered the courage to tell you how he feels.”

“Because you believe him ?”

“You don’t ?”

“Of course I don’t ! Why is he waking up now and not a week ago ?”

“Because you’re not the easiest person to talk to when you’re mad.”

“I’m an angel !”

 

Both were looking at him, baffled.

 

“What ?!”

“And what else did he want ?”

“He wants me to meet up with him tomorrow.”

“And are you going to go ?”

“I... I don’t know.”

“If you love him, you have to go.” WooHyun said.

 

There was a small silence that SungYeol broke by talking again, in a hushed tone.

 

“And what if I don’t want to ?”

“Then it will be your loss. He is now willing to talk. Don’t you want to know what he has to say ?”

 

SungYeol puffed out. He knew they were right, but he didn’t want to admit it. It would be way too easy. He then let out a scream and went to his room and slammed the door shut.

 

“Does it mean we’re right and he loves us ?”

“It does.” WooHyun smiled.

 

Later at night, SungYeol was laying awake in his bed. WooHyun and SungGyu were long asleep and he didn’t seem to fall asleep. He was tossing, turning in his bed. He tried to count sheeps, he tried every single method to sleep he knew and none worked. His heart was heavy and he felt uneasy.
Did he have to go and see MyungSoo ? Or should he ignore him and just... go on with his life ?

He wanted to know what MyungSoo had to say but he didn’t want to have his heart crushed once more. It would be too much to bear for him. Yet, he wanted not to go, because MyungSoo was a jerk and he did not deserve SungYeol’s attention.
But he remembered all this time when MyungSoo was that nice, awkward guy that had a talent to listen to him. His smiles made him melt, and the way he looked at him made his heart flutter. Nonetheless, he didn’t want to go through hell once again... The same hell he’s been going through since they went to SungGyu’s. He didn’t know if he was ready to have his heart crushed again.
It was late –or early in the morning when he finally fell asleep. And when he woke up, it was 10 to 2 in the afternoon. He rubbed his eyes to make sleepiness go away, and then, his eyes doubled size. He was about to be late !!!
He got up in mad panic and he ran to the bathroom. After a short shower, he put on some clothes he did not care about, and he rushed to the entrance of the flat. He put on his shoes and a jacket and then, he left. He almost ran to the meeting place and he was almost relieved when he saw the old building which still looked about to collapse. He went inside and rushed to the place where he knew MyungSoo would be waiting if he was there. The last train of thoughts he had made him slow down.
What if MyungSoo wasn’t there ? Or... what if he already left ?
Those dark thoughts were erased as soon as SungYeol caught sight of MyungSoo standing near the scale model he never finished. He was nicely dressed, according to SungYeol. Casual but really nice.
MyungSoo turned round to see a panting SungYeol and he released a sigh he was probably holding for a long time.  

 

“I thought you weren’t going to show up.”

“I hesitated.”

“You overslept ?”

“True too.”

“ Your hair is still dripping wet.”

 

SungYeol ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Ah yeah...”

 

He did his best to even his breathing.

 

“So.. Why did you want to see me ?”

“Because I did not have the chance to tell you how I feel.”

“You had. When I told you I liked you.”

“Liked ? Don’t you like me anymore ?”

“I...”

 

He was seeing way too much hope in MyungSoo’s eyes. Who was he kidding ? Of course he still liked him. MyungSoo went to him and held his hand.

 

“It doesn’t matter. I’ll make you love me instead.”

“What makes you so full of yourself ?”

“I still have your heart.”

 

He pointed the wooden project of SungYeol. It was full again.

“I glued it back together. I don’t know how long it will last, but I’m planning to put it back together every time I will have to.”

“Why ?”

“Because I wasn’t joking when I told you I like you. I still do.”

 

SungYeol felt blood rush to his cheeks and he tried to look away from the burning eyes of MyungSoo.

 

“Then, if you love me, why did you start to avoid me ?”

“Because I thought it was one-sided.”

“What ?!”

“I did.”

“I dropped so many clues... Gosh, I was so obvious and you are seriously telling me that you... you thought it was one-sided ?”

“I was the one asking for your number.”

“I was the one staying though I had no interest whatsoever in architecture or in building scale models.”

“Why did you agree then ?”

“Because I like you, stupid ! And I wanted to spend more time with you... Then, you started to avoid me.”

 

MyungSoo lowered his head in shame.

 

“I’m sorry.”

“Why did you do that ?”

“Because you did not answer.”

“I beg you pardon ?”

“HoYa asked you if it was bad that they were seeing us as a soon-to-be-couple and you never answered. I thought you were bothered by it because you did not feel the same way.”

“I thought you weren’t feeling the same way. And we never talked about that before, so I thought you would reject me if I said it was okay. Because it would not have been for you.”

“You were wrong.”

“So were you when you started avoiding you.”

“I’ll never do it again.”

 

MyungSoo held both his hands in his own and he looked at SungYeol straight in the eyes.

 

“But only if you give me another chance to prove you I deserve you. Because you are amazing, and that’s why I think seeing you breaking up with your boyfriend was the best thing I’ve seen in my life and following you that day was the best decision I made.”

“You’re sweet-talking me.”

“What if I am ? I’m not going to force you into anything. I just want to be a loving boyfriend to you. Can you let me do that for you ?”

“What if someday, you find better than me and you leave me after I gave you my all ?”

“Why are you so pessimistic ? My heart belongs to you for now and for as long as you want me to.”

 

He pulled SungYeol closer to him and put both his arms around his waist.

 

“I will probably never be the best boyfriend in earth. I’m sometimes really cold, sometimes I am awkward. I will probably embarrass you a lot and I apologize in advance. I can have a really bad temper and I can become crazily jealous. But I want to be the one waking up beside you every morning. I want to be the one to kiss you hello and to kiss you goodnight and to kiss you whenever I want, just because I felt like doing so. I want to be the one you’ll smile to the most, I want to be the one in whose arms you’ll come whenever you feel happy or sad or sleepy. I want to be the one you think of when you wake up and I want to be the last thing you have in mind when you are drifting to sleep. Because I know that’s what you’re going to be for me. I will give you my all until you get sick of me and you dump me. And it will be okay, because I would have known that you’ve loved me and that’s all that mattered...”

 

SungYeol’s hands grabbed MyungSoo’s back of the neck and he kissed him. He felt MyungSoo smile while they kissed and he felt his own smile against MyungSoo’s lips. He felt so good. SungYeol broke the kiss first, and MyungSoo’s eye smile was almost too much for his heart to bear. It felt like bursting here and then. He was like hundreds of butterfly decided to fly at the same time in his tummy and it was weird. But not in a bad way.  MyungSoo’s smile was blinding and after a while, SungYeol remembered how to talk.

 

“Why are you so pessimistic ? Only time will tell. For now, I just want you to kiss me again and I want you to keep me by your side.”

“Your wish is my command.”

 

And they kissed again... And again... And again.
They kissed so many time that they lost count of it. Not that it mattered.
All that mattered is that SungYeol’s heart was no longer broken as MyungSoo fixed it for him. And that he felt that, for once, he would finally be able to find happiness. And the smile MyungSoo was given him and the way he looked at him made him believe that he made the right choice.
Maybe MyungSoo was his right choice. And that is all that mattered.

 

END 

 


Hello ~ 
If you are reading that, it means you have read my whole oneshot (almost 11 800 words of complete weirdness xD). 
Thank you for that. It took me a lot of time and I did not proofread it yet.  
I hope you'll tell me what you thought of it in a review.
I noticed how hard it was to write in a language that is not our own. I feel like I still have a lot to learn. 
Once again, thank you for reading and I wish you an amazing night/day. 

Bye ~ 


Myinahla