finish.

Äme Sœur
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ÄME SŒUR

by acciomistress

He knows her from the books— the girl his little sister adores; she has blonde hair, she has grey eyes, she possesses a beauty that can par the fairest of all maidens— she is magical.

She is evil.

That one, final adjective makes him question why the little one finds her likeable.

And when his curiousity finally reached it's peak, he's more than willing to take a small break from his shenanigans and read the red and gold hardbound book, letting it's pages swallow him in its dimension— into the world where Jung Soojung exists.

"Are you sure that you're quite alright, Sehun?" Sehee asks, eyes wide with curiousty, as she threads her fingers through her silky locks. "I've seen you daydreaming for countless time now. It troubles me."

Sitting on the edge of her bed, he looks up and catches her eyes in her reflection, his lips set into a grim line. "I don't see what you mean," he replies demurely.

Sehee laughs, turning around in her chair to completely give him her attention. "Don't take me as a fool," she says with a silly smile on, "because I am your sister for a reason and I've watched you grow and become a fine gentleman that you are now." She crosses the room and takes a seat beside him, careful not to wake up their little sister that is sleeping quitely on the bed behind them. "So, do tell me why you're brooding."

The male glances at her, face still blank and expressionless; the only notion that tells her that he's about to speak is the way his fingers fiddles with each other and the way his tongue darts out to wet his lips.

This brings a smile to her face, hand reaching down to place it above his before giving it a tight squeeze, coaxing him to tell her what he wants to convey.

What she hears him say, however, astounds her more than having to see him walk around at the courtyard in broad daylight— wee .

She watches, and she wonders.

She wonders, and she questions.

She questions, but never did she found an answer.

How is it that the girl Sehun presumably likes from a children's book their sister owns, appear right before her very eyes? From their very eyes?

"Magic," Seunghee dreamily says, latching herself on Jung Soojung's leg.

"Sorcery," their Godmother bellows, muttering obscenities as she whisks away, robes billowing behind her.

"Witchcraft," the foul coachman mutters, pursing his lips when her brother throws him a glare.

Whatever the answer is, the only thing Sehee's going to figure out now is how to bring Soojung back into her world.

"Your sister doesn't like me," she says on her very first night, eyes busy marveling the velvet curtains on his floor-to-ceiling glass window. "I can feel it within her."

This causes him to sit back up, swallowing the lump in his throat. "You do?"

She whips around, golden locks bouncing over her shoulders and eyes crazy, obviously offended. "Of course, I do! You dare question my abilities?"

His hands raises up in faux surrender, head shaking as well. "It's not that," he answers, easing up when she does so a little. "What I mean is that my sister never actually dislike anyone unless they do something to offend her. I just think that... she doesn't find you trust-worthy just yet."

He internally flinches when her face turns dark, realizing his mistake way too late. "Right, not trust-worthy. That, I am." She shakes her head and scoffs, plopping down on the ottoman in front the fireplace. "Your people are so much alike with mine."

"It's no—"

"Oh, but it is," she cajoles, sneering now. "It is always me that is the villian. It is always me that is needed to be banished. And to think that I could change what they see of me— of what I am." Her poise forgotten, she sits with her hair curtaining her face from his view and, shoulders slumping forward, she mumbles, "I really am undeniably stupid to even hope that."

It began with a dream— well, not quite.

It, Sehun supposes, began from the ending— the last page of the book where the 'happily ever after' was inked in black.

The part where he knew that it was dastardly false because Jung Soojung didn't deserve the punishment she had to pay, the accusations she had to face, the shame that she had to bear.

You are not a good person just because you said hello; and you are definitely not a good person just because you compliment someone, thinking that they deserve it to let them appease you.

Soojung wasn't like that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter