chapter 1

❝ Myungsoo's Photobook ❞

Myungsoo steps out from his car wearing a white long-sleeved buttoned up shirt with a black briefcase on his hand and looks over to the three-storey building at the side. He already graduated from the university after years of struggling, keeping himself busy with his studies and also with club works. It is spring and a new start is waiting for him. He got a call yesterday that he'll be interviewed for the Blanc&Eclare Magazine. Finally, he will be hired and earn money for himself.

He greets the security guard with a smile and asks for the certain place where the interview will be conducted. After getting the information, he glances at his wristwatch and purses his lips, he still have some time to kill. The raven haired man looks around the area and spots a small coffee shop inside the building. He strides towards it and orders himself a cup of hot latte before going to the meeting place. He was humming along to some song from the radio earlier before he arrived and about to take a sip from his drink until someone bumps into him from behind, causing the coffee to stain his shirt. Myungsoo hisses at the hot liquid and the stain on his shirt then he shifts his gaze to the culprit, squinting his eyes at the running girl. 

"Yah!" he yells, making the stranger stop from her steps and turn around to face him. 

"Oops. I'm sorry about that but I'm late so.. see ya!" she states, gazing down to the ruined shirt before leaving him alone. The male groans in irritation then sighs deeply, slumping his shoulders down. He'd better fix himself up quickly before the interview start. Luckily, he brought something with him since he got a feeling this might happened. So he rushes back to his car and puts on his navy pullover to cover the huge coffee stain on his shirt, sticking the white collar out. Checking himself in front of the tinted glass of his car one last time, he heads back into the building. 

 

There were chairs outside the interview room and almost all of them were occupied, leaving a single one for him. He was about to take the seat when someone sat on it instead. It's her again. He grumbles inwardly. 

"That's my seat, miss." 

"I'm sorry but I'm here first." she says while fixing her hair without facing him.

Myungsoo stares at her in utterly disbelief. Clearly, he was there first - but he just shakes his head in defeat, not wanting to ruin his mood before everything starts. It's a new start of him. He reminds himself that. When a lady in corporate attire steps out from the room, everyone gets up from the seat and straightenes themselves before walking inside.

He didn't expect that it was a group interview so he's nervous. It's his first job interview and he doesn't want to risk failing it. The girl beside him is pretty obvious. She was nibbling her bottom lip and fidgeting her fingers. Then the interviewees were asked to introduce themselves and that was how he learns her name. Soojung. Jung Soojung. 

Everything went well for him and, surprisingly, she done a good job too. After they made their way out and he got in his car, he wished to not see or work with her. She's going to be a problem. 

 

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon when he received an email from the company that he passed the interview and he's going to start on Monday. The black haired man jumps around his apartment and cheers gleefully, hopefully his neighbors didn't hear him. Then he suddenly remembers her. Myungsoo wished again to the all the Gods he knows to not make what he was thinking happen.

 

Unfortunately, the Gods were not in his side. She is standing there with the other two who also probably got accepted in the company. If he remembers the names from the interview right, they are Bang Minah and Jung Daehyun. He eases his shoulders before he approaches them with a smile. The two greetes him, but Soojung just side-eyed him. 

A young man goes to them and introduces himself as Kim Joonmyun but preferres to be called as Suho instead. He is in-charge of taking care of the new recruits in the company. The tour around the work area starts immediately. The four of them can't help but be fascinated how wonderful the place is. It is a fashion magazine company in the first place anyway. Suho guides them to their office where they will start as interns and they are welcomed by some of their seniors but the some are too busy to even notice them. 

The secretary of the company calls out for an emergency meeting. Everyone is startled, including the newbies, and dashes inside the meeting room. The new ones are sitting down along with their sunbaes then the director comes in the scene. She is stunning with even with just a simple dress, no one will ever thought that she is the director of a fashion magazine at first glance. Jung Jessica is her name, if he remembered it right again.

The meeting is about what will be their items for the next month. Apparently, the rival magazine, Tiffany's, stole their supposed main item. The older ones are throwing new ideas but some of them are objected because of various reasons. Then Soojung suggests an item that caught the director's attention. They will gather successful young men and women in different industries and make them the front of the magazine. They will showcase how young ones enjoy their work and how can they make a difference to their field.  As she explains to everyone, Myungsoo is staring at her while listening. He have to praise her to make director agree with what she thought but he can't - because she instructs the newbies to handle the matter. Not that he doesn't want to do it but it was just his first day and being given a huge responsibility right away was just a no for him.

The assembly ends with their seniors telling guidelines and everything else in the company and how the boss works. Myungsoo sees a small smile in Soojung's lips as everyone tells what their different impression to Ms. Jung. Fortunately for him, there is someone who was assigned to look up successful lads and lassies for their team and Myungsoo is assigned as one of the newbies, along with Soojung, to search for places to be used for the interviews and photoshoot. 

 

After almost a week, everyone in the 'newbie' team gets everything settled. When Myungsoo receives the list from Minah, his eyes grows big and his lips gapes. 'What should I do.. I'll meet them again.'