.rain

Escapist
 
.rain

 

"B-But I trus-trusted you." Minju forced a deep sigh, trying to control the tremor inside of her. Seconds passed, a puddle of tears were dripping down slowly across her porcelain-like face, ruining the makeup that she spent hours just for this special day.

 

 

Kai remained quiet. He felt reluctant to meeting eyes with his girlfriend, not after she mentioned the word 'trust'. Even since two years ago, he had been repeatedly assuring her to trust him wholeheartedly. He was positive that their relationship was built on trust. And that it was stronger each day until that 'someone' returned...

 

Kim Taehyung.

 

How to tell Minju about Taehyung? How would he be able to do that? Two years. Two years. He wanted to believe that two years was enough for Minju to erase all the awful memories she had with Taehyung. That person destroyed her life. Her youth. Her heart. He fooled everyone to believe that Minju had seduced him to deliberately pregnant with his child, then he left, let alone blaming his stepsister for everything.

 

 

And he—Kim Taehyung was Minju's stepbrother.

 

 

"I'm sorry..." A noted of sadness tinged in his voice. "I thought his presence didn't matter to you anymore..." He muttered under his breath. Inwardly, Kai was mentally scream to let Minju know how her b tears could blow him hard, tearing every pieces of sanity that left inside of him.

 

The last he remembered Minju being this way was two years back. She was plummented by this kind of breakdown and it was again because of that one person—Taehyung, a stepbrother who fathered her unborn child. For all the world, after the tragic abortion, they promised to start anew but every now and then, their relationship was one like the rollercoaster rides. Except that it were rides where he would still be able to hold her tight, loved her the way she is...

 

 

"Y-You promised me that you wouldn't hide anything about Taehyung from me!" Minju's weak cry earned a confuse glance from Kai, who was staring vacantly at the glassless window on their left. "He was back for months already b-but you never said anything!" Her voice cracked from shouting. Kai could see her body shook with rage. "Why would you lie? Why?!" 

 

 

Minju felt her heart was splintered into millions. She was so angry she couldn't breathe. All these time, she was looking out for Taehyung everywhere. She wouldn't let him off the hook easily. Taehyung would pay for each of his sins toward her. It had to be like that then only the world would feel safer.

 

Kai promised that he would help her out with revenge. They even made plans together. Taehyung just need to appear then all those plan would be carried out on him. That was the initial reason why she would agree to let him stay with her. Despite love being one of the reasons she might have temporarily forgotten about that rage, it still not enough to erase everything. So, why? Why did Kai...change his heart?

 

 

Minju couldn't understand. She wouldn't. Up till this moment, doubt remained as her second nature.

 

 

"I loved you so much...Kai." Minju inched closer but not without both hands spread in front of her chest. It is her usual gestures when she was in doubt. And Kai hated this part in her but yet found himself to be enamored to her even more.

 

 

Because he could read her like a book. A pleasure but also torturing.

 

 

Minju expected a ring, today. Especially at this moment—as she conveyed her pregnancy to Kai. It didn't have to be expensive like the one Taehyung, her stepbrother always managed to shower her with two years ago. It did blind her temporarily. She was young, wild, and hot-blooded at that time – seventeen, the transition of becoming a women. But not until she found herself to be pregnant with Taehyung's child. It was awful to just opening eyes, to breathe, and facing the aftermath of it, all alone. To protect Taehyung, her adopted family easily decided to shift all the blame to her, transforming her into a wicked teen in everyone's eyes.

 

 

"Th-That bastard I-I would've kill-killed her with my own han-hands!" Minju's voice echoed in that spacious hall designated for acting stunt. If only she didn't see the news of Taehyung's arrival in Korea, she would've innocently thought that Kai had purposely reserved the place to propose to her.

 

 

She was wrong, very wrong. Her heart should've just stopped cold when her first pregnancy ended with an abortion. Why did it have to flutter her heart only to have it  shattered, and scattered all over again? Her grip tightened as the same thoughts darted inside her mind repeatedly, threatening to choke life out of her.

 

 

"Goodbye...Kai."

 

 

In the end, they parted ways. Kai was left speechless. He thought, Minju's pain was healed by their love but turned out, it was only his delusion.