final.

trapped in the closet

"We've seen and heard... things." Joy whispered, her eyes void of any emotion. 

The younger girl next to her shuddered as she hugged herself in horror.

-
 

A few days ago...


"Do they really think they can get away with this? We are the top pranksters of this household and I refuse to accept defeat!" Joy exclaimed, slamming her fist down on their dinner table. Yeri nodded, echoing her own words of agreement. 

The older girl dramatically continued as determination burned in her eyes. "We need to take back our rightful place in the throne. I can't take any more of their gloating just because they got us good for once." She muttered, shaking her head.

Over the past years that they had lived together as a group, there had been an unofficial on-going prank war between the members. 

In their early days of living together, Irene often turned the lights on and off randomly, laughed then ran off. Their tiny leader would even kick the back of their knees and touch their armpits all in the name of fun. At first nobody retaliated because neither Seulgi nor Wendy were the type to take the initiative in such things. And their youngest at the time - though ballsy, knew that she shouldn't really be messing with the oldest member so casually. However, when Yeri had moved in with them, Joy finally had someone who shared her mischievous nature. Someone who would actually listen to her and even agree with her plans. That's when it all began.

It was never anything too serious. It was simple things at first. Switching the salt with sugar, putting lotion in shampoo bottles - amateur tricks, really. Of course as they had grown older and more mature, their pranks became more creative and elaborate.

Fast forward to a month ago, when the two youngest members had perhaps taken things a bit too far. Long story short they almost got arrested. The keyword there was almost. Of course no matter how many times Yeri had stressed the fact that they didn't get arrested or even get caught by their managers, the three older girls wouldn't budge. Irene and Wendy gave them both a long and boring lecture about responsibility blah blah blah and thinking things through something something something. Seulgi was there too but she kind of just nodded her head and repeated the ends of their sentences in what she thought was a stern tone.

They thought their pranking days were over.

Rookie mistake.

They really should've known better. Rule #1 of pranking is to never underestimate your opponent. 

Soon after their little incident, the two were led to believe that Wendy was going to get deported to Canada and would temporarily leave Red Velvet, if not permanently. Joy and Yeri always acted more mature than their age (childish pranks aside) but they are really just babies. When they began to sob, the three girls dropped the act and revealed that it was all just a prank. 

"We hope you've learned your lesson." Irene said smugly.

Seulgi and Wendy laughing as they replayed the video of them crying - the latter with a hint of guilt in her eyes.


"Damn right we learned our lesson. We learned that we've got some work to do if we want to top that prank." Joy scowled. 

"I think I've got just the thing... But this will take a few days of planning and some realistic looking props." A devious smirk crawls across Yeri's face. 

Joy raised a brow in interest. "I'm listening."

 



Today was D-Day. 

They had successfully lulled the three older girls into a false sense of security. 

When they had perfected their plan, they waited a couple more weeks before executing it. Things like these shouldn't be rushed. They had to wait for the perfect moment. 

So when they were informed that Irene, Wendy and Seulgi had to attend a schedule together in a few days, the two younger girls shared a look.

It was time. 

Getting up earlier than they usually would when they had no schedules to attend, the two immediately got to work. First they had to set up the cameras. Placing them up in several angles so every bit of their reaction would be caught. Then came the props. 

Aegyo could really take a girl a long way. When Joy approached the costume manager at SM and asked if she could borrow some things, he was a little hesitant. However, when Yeri joined her and they both turned up the cuteness, the man was a goner. He gave them the keys and full access for two whole days.

Joy began to hang the fake corpse in their bathroom as the younger girl set up and hid the small speakers. They weren't messing around here. 

This wasn't going to be your usual scare prank. They were going to make those three believe that ghosts and demons truly do exist - even if only for a moment. They had even managed to convince Hyemin to help them out and got her to confiscate their phones because they were a "distraction". It would up the panic factor if they can't contact anyone while they're being scared to death.

Everything about this plan had been thought out. 

Once set up was finished, all they needed to do was wait for the three girls to come home. 

The two girls let out a satisfied sigh as they admired their work.

It was almost eleven in the evening when they had finally received a text from Hyemin, warning them that they were almost home. She also mentioned that Wendy wouldn't be coming home because she was going over to Taeyeon's apartment for some reason. 

Joy and Yeri sighed at the sudden change of plans but the show must go on. Now only Irene and Seulgi would be able to experience what they had planned.

Playing along with the two younger devils' plans, Hyemin had informed the oblivious Seulgi and Irene that the two youngest members were suddenly called to go to SM for a special project. This would erase some suspicion, also they wouldn't be as scared if they thought someone was in the dorm with them. As they go into their room, Joy and Yeri would be hiding in their walk-in closet, waiting for the right moment to strike. 

The two pranksters ran into the dark room and got into their position, making sure everything was in place. Their hearts raced as they heard the familiar jingling of keys. 

To their irritation the two girls decided to hang around in their living room for a while before heading in. Joy and Yeri sighed in exasperation as they waited for almost ten minutes. 

When they heard footsteps coming towards the room they straightened up, now on full alert. They could hear their muffled voices from outside.

"-said she's sleeping over at Taeyeon unnie's. C'mon." Irene whined.

"The kids could get home any time!" Seulgi said as she opened the door, letting the older girl enter first. Joy and Yeri signalled to themselves, as they began to count down from five.

5.

"Hyemin-unnie said they just left. We'll be quick." Irene pouted.

4.

She then pulls Seulgi in for an open mouthed kiss. 

Wide-eyed with three fingers (six, overall) up in the air, the two girls hiding in the closet froze. 

Time stopped for a moment as they tried to wrap their minds around what they just witnessed. Seulgi... and Irene... They briefly wondered if they were dreaming or perhaps that they were getting pranked back. If it was the latter, then those two were definitely selling it. Too well to be quite honest.

When a moan resounded in the room, Joy and Yeri shared a panicked look. 

"What do we do?!" Yeri mouthed to the older girl. 

Joy had not prepared for this. "I don't know!" She mouthed back. 

Just as Joy was about to say something again, Seulgi spoke. "You're wearing far too many clothes, Joohyun-ah." 

They didn't know whether to laugh or throw up because they could not believe those words had just come out of their resident pure bear Kang Seulgi. However they didn't have time to react as they could hear clothes coming off and being thrown all over the room. 

They were stuck. 

Trapped in the closet as two of their members - who are like older sisters to them - were doing God knows what with each other. 

Joy and Yeri had considered bursting out the closet and just sprinting out before it could get any worse. Unfortunately, neither of them had the guts to do it and therefore had to stay put.

After a very long and excruciating (at least for the two younger girls) forty-seven minutes, the two older girls were finally finished. 

It was completely silent for a few minutes and the defeated pranksters hoped that this meant that the two had fallen asleep. It was too hard to tell even with the night vision on through their cameras.

"Go check!" Yeri mouthed, pushing Joy forward.

"I can't see anything! It's too dark." The older girl replied.

Yeri gave her a seething look that basically said "Do you really want to stay in this damn closet for the rest of our lives?"

With a sigh, Joy finally took the risk and peeked out of the door. She just wanted to get out of there, maybe pour some bleach in her eyes, talk to a therapist.

When they didn't hear anything save for the light snoring of Seulgi, they gave each other a nod and began exiting the closet as quietly as possible. Just as they were about to make a successful escape, Yeri's remote fell out of her pocket, and the recording of the manic laughter began to play. Irene jumped awake as she looked around. Joy took the remote and immediately turned it off but it was too late.

Irene spotted two dark figures by their closet and began to scream, hitting Seulgi as she tried to wake her up.

"What?" She mumbled sleepily.

"M-monsters!" Irene wailed as she began to throw whatever she could get her hands on at them. 

"W-wait! Stop! It's us! It's us!" Yeri yelled as she hurriedly the lights. 

When the chaos abruptly ended, all that was left was Irene and Seulgi looking like deer caught in the headlights. ones. 

Irene immediately scrambled up, dragging the blankets up to cover themselves as Seulgi sat still in shock.

"Wh-How... It's not what you-" Irene stuttered, unsure what she should say.

After a full minute of complete silence, a soft voice was heard.

"We've seen and heard... 
things." Joy whispered, her eyes void of any emotion. 

The younger girl next to her shuddered as she hugged herself in horror.

Irene and Seulgi looked both embarrassed and afraid. Embarrassed because their most private and intimate moments were witnessed, and afraid because they didn't know how the two girls would respond to their relationship.

The eldest cleared . "How much did you...?" 

Joy looked away as she spoke. "Everything." 

Seulgi had slowly and surely been disappearing under their blanket as time went on, and now only her forehead was visible.

"Oh." Irene responded.

"We should go." Joy quickly said, as she grabbed Yeri by the wrist. They didn't even say goodbye to Irene and Seulgi's forehead as they left.

Finally retiring to their own room, Joy and Yeri had yet to speak another word. 

Just as they closed their eyes, they heard another scream. 

"Whoops, we forgot to take the fake corpse down." Yeri mumbled.


fin.


Outtakes.

#1

"Hey guys, I'm home!" Wendy bellowed as she entered their eerily quiet dorm. She found the four girls silently eating breakfast as they all avoided eye contact.

"Did something happen?" 

"Shut up, Canada."

#2

"Thanks so much for having us over! You guys are such thoughtful juniors." Tiffany exclaimed, ruffling Yeri's hair. 

"Ah, it's nothing. We love having you guys over! Please, sit and make yourselves at home. Dinner will be served soon!" Wendy replied. Her and Irene were busy by the stove while the other girls set up the table.

Their guests were seated in the living room, watching the girls' self-cam's from Jeju Island. Taeyeon even hooked it up to the television so everyone could watch. It was the younger girls' first time to travel on their own. The older women watched on with motherly smiles and laughed at their silly antics.

Suddenly though the footage was cut, and instead of the view of the beach, it was a dark room.

"Wait, what happened? Did it turn off?" Sooyoung asked.


"Oh wait no, there's Seulgi and Irene." 

"Wendy said she's sleeping over at Taeyeon-unnie's. C'mon." 
"The kids could get home any time!"


"Isn't that their bedroom? Oh did you also film when you got back-

"OH MY GOD."


fin.

 


I was working on my other fics but my mind was like lol no that, let's write something else completely.