Tonight

Hangout

      It wasn't long before Kai would be coming over. Stumbling around, Kyungsoo threw the clothes into the wash, vacuumed and tried to make his flat look somewhat tidy. It was a failed attempt.   

      You see, Kyungsoo was really messy and since he rarely had company, Jongin’s visit gave Kyungsoo a new perspective of his home. He didn't realize that dust can collect on the side of his bookshelf or that it looked cluttered on his coffee table. Another thing was that lately, more like ever since he met Jongin, he had been feeling… confused. Confused as in uality wise. Kyungsoo has always thought he liked girls. Sure, never intimately but in his life, more than a few have caught his eye. So why was he confused? Why was it that every time he saw Jongin, he eyes instantly moved toward his lips? And why was he dwelling on these thoughts?

      However, he didn't dwell long because someone knocked on the door. Jongin, he thought. He ran as quickly and quietly as he could before stopping in front of door. His heart was racing and he stood there waiting for his breathing to go back to its normal pattern. Slowly, he turned the doorknob and pulled the door back.         There Jongin was, dressed casually, looking good as always. Kyungsoo eyes were instantly on his lips before he averts them back to Jongin's. Jongin smiles. Kyungsoo unknowingly looks Jongin up and down and the latter notices. After a second, Kyungsoo opens his door wider for his guest.

       He notices his guest looking around and he immediately feels more self conscious. A stream of silent curses are let out in his head but were put to half when he sees Jongin plop down comfortably on the couch. Hesitantly, he sits down next to Jongin. It was a loveseat that they sat on. It was the only size (besides a futon) that would fit in his puny living room. 

      “So…” Jongin says awkwardly. Kyungsoo feels bad. Biting his lip, he turns to Jongin and acts casual. Really, he was embarrassed because he was being a bad host. 

      “What do you want to do? Watch a movie? Play a game?” 

      “It's up to you,” his humble guest says. 

      Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo replies, “ you wanted to hang out! Look, choose a movie. I’ll grab some snacks.” With that, he pats Jongin’s thigh and heads to the kitchen. Practically running, he was in the kitchen at last, leaning against the counter for support as he calmed his erratic breathing. His hand still felt warm from the contract with Jongin's thigh. He was staying to feel embarrassed-- he patted a little higher than what would be normal.

       “Oh my goodness,” he begins to think, “he's going to think I'm a ert.” After a few more moments of mortifying thoughts, he began to pull himself back together. Minutes later, the microwave starts to beep, signaling that the popcorn was ready. Pouring the contents into a bowl, he starts to wonder was Jongin put on.        

          Grabbing the bowl along a few bottles of soda, he heads back into the living room. He handed a soda to his guest before carefully settling into the couch.

      “What did you choose?” 

      Jongin looks at Kyungsoo dead in the eyes, a smirk playing at the corner of those damned lips the Kyungsoo wanted to taste, and whispers, “it's a secret.” They stayed like that for a moment more but Kyungsoo could have sworn minutes had passed. During that time, he was debating whether or not he should press a peck on those full lips. 

      Finally, they looked back at the screen. Sighing, Kyungsoo turns his attention to the movie. He couldn't help but feel regret at the lost moment.
      

      An hour has passed and nothing exciting had happened except for the laughs that escaped the pair. Kyungsoo’s heart felt lighter thanks to the comedy that they were watching. As for Jongin… He was in deep regret too. He wanted to take that chance too.      

                Countless times Jongin thought about those pink heart shaped lips and it made him want to kiss Kyungsoo more and more. The thing was, Jongin wasn't sure if Kyungsoo would be okay with that. After all, it's better to be friends that to be nothing at all, right? At least, that’s what he thought.

      “This is funny! How come I’ve never seen this?” Kyungsoo exclaims. 

      “I have a refined taste so I could see why,” Jongin jokes. 

      “Hey! I do too! Kinda… how about that time we went to that music store at the mall. You were definitely impressed with the music I was showing you,” the shorter says.

      “Shut up, theatre nerd! Did you know there is this thing called acting? Yeah? Well, that's what I was doing.”

      “Sureeee.” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. 

      “Look at my ex's and you'd see that I have great taste,” the taller jokes. 

      Kyungsoo gives him a disgusted look before replying, “if you had such good taste, you wouldn't have any ex's.”

      Jongin chuckles. “You’re right about that. But, you have to experiment to find out what you like and what you don’t.”

      Kyungsoo had no idea where Jongin was going with this but he was also curious. What did he like? What do I like? After all, the short innocent looking boy was never really dated anybody. “So then what do you like?” 

      Jongin looks at the boy beside him with a surprised face. “I don't know but I'll tell you what I don't like. For starters, people who don't know what they want. Saying that out loud makes me sound hypocritical but I guess I mean, I don't like people without ambition.” Kyungsoo looked around the room. Was he ambitious? Not really but he did know he wanted Jongin. Does that count? Jongin continued, “I don't like bad attitude. Even if they're mad or sad, a small smile can change the attitude they give off. I don't know. Ha ha. I also hate when they cheat. Break up with me. Send me a text before you decide to sleep with someone else. Or after. Some things I can understand but other things, I can’t. Also, don't be someone else. Be yourself around me.” 

      There was an awkward pause before the shorter says, “I'm guessing you've been cheated on before.” 

      His guest burst out laughing. Kyungsoo couldn't understand why. Jongin leans into his shoulder still laughing. He couldn't process what was happening and just turned and started at him until he cooled down. 

      “You're adorable,” Jongin states. “After all that, that's what you got out of it? Wow. I'm guessing you've never been cheated on?” 

      “I've never even been in a serious relationship.” Kyungsoo was a bit annoyed but in the other had, he was kind of pleased. 

      “Why not?” 

      “Because..?”

      “But you're so cute and adorable, I'm sure a lot of older girls would be dying to take care of you.” 

      “Really? Well, lately, I’ve had my eye on someone. Sadly, that person, or anyone at all for that matter, didn't take an interest in me.”

      “Cheer up, buddy. I'm sure someone likes you. No one really stays single for life unless they choose to.” Jongin pats his back. 

      “I guess so…” Kyungsoo says dejectedly.

      “So tell me more about this special person. Maybe I can set you guys up?” Jongin takes this time to reflect and is glad he didn't kiss him. For all he knows, Kyungsoo’s crush is a girl. 

      “I'd rather not,” he says. Should he tell him that he him? It's not like they are best friends who's relationship could be broken with the news. They've only meet weeks ago and if Jongin doesn't want be friends after this then it would be no big deal. 

      “You know what? I changed my mind. Can you set me up with Kim Jongin?” Kyungsoo gulps and silently curses himself because he wanted to sound charismatic and flirty but ended up doing shy and shaky. He slowly looks up at Jongin's face even though he didn't want to see his reaction.

      “I didn't know you had it in you,” Jongin smirks. Slowly, he puts his hand under Kyungsoo chin and tilts his head up more. Jongin leans in. Softly, he presses his lips against Kyungsoo's. It was soft at first because Kyungsoo had to process what was happening but when he did, he didn't hold back. He snakes his hands around Jongin's neck. The latter follows his lead and pulls Kyungsoo closer, wrapping his arms around the smaller’s waist. Every once in awhile, they stopped for air. Kyungsoo was practically on top of him so slowly, he fell into the cushions until he was laying down with Kyungsoo on top. Jongin was wondering how an innocent kiss turned in to a heated makeout session. Soon, they both stopped. 

       Kyungsoo pops his head up and looks at Jongin, who smiled lazily, with a mischievous smirk. 

       “So are you gonna set us up?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is my first time writing about Kaisoo. Please let me know if you like it. Thank you! (: THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS ONESHOT. I apologize for it sounding somewhat rushed and being short. I was in my feels (; Love ya