- one -

ice skating afternoon
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

-

 

Looking outside the window I noticed the many people that were outside, most of them holding shopping bags since Christmas was just a couple of days away. We had been on holiday for three days already and yet we hadn't done anything special other than sleeping until almost lunch time. I turned my back and looked at the sofa. There it laid, the thing. Since that was what he basically was, a thing that only slept and ate. I hissed in disgust and crossed my arms.

 

“Yah, Min Yoongi, will we do something during this holidays?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

 

He kept his eyes closed. “Spending New Year’s Eve with everyone and going to Daegu the 1st.” 

 

I walked to him and kneeled in front of him so I could face him better. “There’s still more than a week until that, let’s do something, I’m bored.” I whined grabbing his arm and moving it, to which he frowned. 

 

“Do you know how much I work during the year? I want to rest in peace.” he complained adjusting his head better to the cushion. 

 

I rolled my eyes at the work mention. “Yeah, what a hard life you have.” 

 

The kid honestly didn’t work that much. Ever since he dropped out of college to focus on his music that his schedule hadn’t been the most normal routine at all. It had already been three years since he started a music group with some friends and at the moment they were gaining fame in the neighbourhood. Hongdae, however, was full of musicians trying to get big so they definitely weren’t  about to be the next BIGBANG. Since that wasn’t giving him enough money to sustain himself (to buy ₩150000 shoes) he got a job at Hyang Music, a record store full of dust but which sold good music. 

 

After nagging for a few more minutes, I ended up kicking his legs so I could sit on the sofa and sigh every three seconds at the boredom. I wasn’t in the mood to study for my January exams and I didn’t have any new book to read. The TV was totally uninteresting at the moment and the internet was only full of ridiculous gossip and other threads. Right when I was about to try to fall asleep, my phone vibrated. 

 

“Oh my God, baby wake up!” I exclaimed slapping his non-existing to which he groaned and cursed as he sat up. “Let’s go!” I shouted. 

 

He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the text I had just received from Hana. “I’m not going skating.” he told me as he shook his head no while yawning. As I frowned he took my phone. “Are you crazy?” the little asked as he showed me the temperature app displaying that we were currently at -3ºC. 

 

“How old are you? 82? It’s winter, of course it’s cold outside.” I responded taking my phone from him. “I’m telling her we’re going, she will probably bring Kookie so you can play with him.” I murmured as I typed her an answer. One of his best friends coming along should be enough for him to agree. 

 

“No, we’re not!” Yoongi protested trying to grab my phone back. And there we went. Screaming at each other, our lady neighbour probably getting ready to come and ask us what kind of parents had raised us. 

 

-

 

The sky was already dark when we arrived to the Seoul Plaza ice skating rink. While I had the biggest smile because of how beautiful the place looked and how much fun everyone was having, my hand was grabbing a person who looked like he was about to enter hell, his disgusted expression probably terrifying any kid that could have the bad luck to see his face. 

 

“They said they would be right new to the Christmas tree, let’s go.” I cheerly

Please log in to read the full chapter