A good day. Almost.

An adventure called life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I wake up this morning to the sound of chirping birds. Honestly, it wasn't anything like they'd describe it in books and movies, it was quite annoying, but you cant blame the birds, for i'm the one at fault for being this grumpy.  I rubbed my eyes, once, twice, and i got up. I went to the bathroom to wash my face so i can insure myself it's the real world and that i'm not wandering somewhere in that dreamland of mine. 
I got to the bathroom as i am thinking how devastated i am that even walking seemed a hard task to me. 
I washed my face, and look at the mirror that's hung above the sink. 
I stare at my reflection, deep down inside of my orbs that had long lost the glimmer of joy and peace i see the man that i've turn into. I ask my soulless reflection 
"Why me? Why do i have to be the one to drown in misery and depression? Why can't i be happy for once in my miserable life? why not anybody else?" I hear one of the maids calling me "jongup! Breakfast's ready!"

"okay, ill dress up and get down." I replied coldly. 
I hurry to decide  what am i going to wear, probably something that doesnt show that I'm from a rich family since i never saw what was so special about signature clothes. I ended up an outfit that was simple but comfortable for college. 

When i am all set, i get down, greeted by my butlers and maids. You're probably wondering why didnt my parents greet me as well, well my parents aren't here, they never were here, they're always abroad, never taking their one and only child that they probably forget about into consideration.
But that doesn't sadden me; i got used to their absence. Even though i know that they never cared and would never bother with me, i ask this one maid who's like a mother to me,"Did my parents call, or leave some sorta message?", she wears this sad, pitying expression she always wears whenever i ask her this question, she avoids eye contact with me keeping her gaze lowered to the ground; most likely because she feels too sorry for the way my parents treat me, not wanting to see my disappointed face when she answers, but we both know that i know what the answer is. It was always the same, "no dear..", i nod and attempt to smile at her assuringly to subside her worry and concern of my current emotional state and manage to weakly say "its okay, no big deal," i rub her back affectionately, "they were never here, and they will never be, i understand that."
 She returned the smile, the difference is that mine was reassuring, hers was sad, it implied pure sadness for the way life planned things for me :"okay then uppie, go eat so you wont be late to college." And ruffled my hair like a mother would her son, directing me the dining room. 
The butler pulls the chair politely, so i sat down as i thanked him and proceeded with eating. 
i eat the food present at the table which happened to be my favourite for breakfast; pancakes topped with chocolate syrup. As i'm chewing on my food with no appetite whatsoever, my thoughts are wandering between the real world and the sad reality i live in, the lies and fake promises i lived up to these entire years, the fake smiles and the love that never existed, and most importantly, the trust and faith that had shattered into nothingness as life revealed what it had stored for me. When the thoughts become too heavy for my poor, wounded and broken heart, i snap back to reality. 
 I look at my watch, and it is  8:00 AM already, i tell my mother ("the maid who considers me her son. I cant find the will to call her a "maid") that i am late, i pack my stuff and leave the house for college. 

As always, as soon as i arrive to college i am surrounded by almost all of the girls that never waste a second obsessing over me and the guys that would kill to befriend the richest and one of the most handsome students. It kind of bothered me, i was never one to like attention, so i just put on my "cold prince" facade as they like to call it, and ignoring them i make my way to the library. I read some books associated with philoso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter