1/1

12:30

 

There is something about the way Joohyun moves – graceful and gliding across the kitchen floor as she prepares breakfast for two – that has Sehun staring at her with unblinking eyes. She is used to this and she wears a smile especially for Sehun to see. Watching her lips curl up into a smile that brightens up her face (the whole room, his whole universe) never fails to bring one on Sehun’s own. She’s shining as she places two plates of bacon and eggs on the table, never one who cooks but tries anyway and Sehun doesn’t bother about his growling tummy as he stands up from his seat and curls his fingers around her wrist. He spins her around gently, basking in the sweet sound of her giggle until she’s pressed against him chest to chest. His lips meet hers in a soft and gentle kiss and like every morning, she smiles up at him and presses a loving kiss onto his cheek. Sehun falls in love with her even more each day.

Joohyun loves the sea just as she much as she loves gardenias; so he brings her a few of her favorite flowers every day and ties one around her wrist before he takes her hand and laces their fingers together while they walk along the beachside, slippers in their free hands and letting the water wash their feet. Sehun thinks she’s the most beautiful in her simple white sweater, brown hair messy from the wind that blows it in the different directions. Her giggles ring in his ears like a sweet melody and he wants to pull her in his arms again and kiss her breath away. So he does that until she’s giggling against his lips, gentle fingers threading through his hair as she nuzzles their noses together.

He remembers the first time they meet and how he was instantly pulled in by not only her beauty but the soft of her voice and the good of her heart. It was 12:30 midnight when he closes his eyes in an attempt to call it a night and all he could see in the darkness of closed lids was her face. Sehun spends days in the silence of his hidden feelings writing, pouring out the love he fails to voice out on paper. He knows her favorite flowers and her favorite fruits, knows how much she loves the water. It was 12:30 of a December night that he brings her out by the sea and asks if she would like to be his.

She said ‘yes’ in a heartbeat. And suddenly all the things he’d written down of what he would do if she was his became things he could actually do. And so he does.

“I want to kiss the lines on her palms and her knuckles and tell her that she’s the most beautiful being I had ever laid my eyes upon.”

Sehun spends quiet nights on the couch in the living room with her seated between his legs not focusing on the show running on TV but kissing her palm and each of her knuckles, whispering softly into her ear that she is the most beautiful he has ever seen. Her cheeks would turn pink even after the countless of times he’s complimented her but she would also tilt her head just enough to kiss him on his lips. She thinks he’s being sweet and he would tell her that it is only the truth. Her smile widens every time.

“I want to kiss her forehead every night before she goes to sleep and hold her close to me so she’ll never wake up alone.”

Joohyun gets cold easily and in the nights that Sehun busies himself reading in the living room, she would come to him with her favorite blanket wrapped around her petite frame, cuddling to his side and causing him to abandon the book in his hand. She would pout as she looks up at him, voice as soft as ever and cheeks just slightly pink. “I’m really cold. Hold me?”

He would forget the book that he had been so immersed in just a few minutes ago, merely because the girl in his arms gives him a thousand more feelings than a thousand books ever could. He would kiss her temple and wrap his arms around her, holding her close to him as much as she possibly could be with a promise whispered into the soft of her hair, “Let me keep you warm.”

 

She finds his little notebook one Sunday morning and meets him in the living room with a teasing smile. He flushes furiously as he recalls exactly what he has written in it and Joohyun now knows how he truly feels. He has never actually said them aloud to her, so for her to find it before he was ready made him just a little unsettled. But she settles onto his lap with a reassuring smile and a kiss on his cheek, telling him that she won’t read it if he isn’t ready for her to. Sehun thinks she’s beautiful and she kisses him so sweetly on his mouth and her eyes gaze into his with so much love and Sehun lets her read it.

So she reads it aloud, comfortably seated on his lap with a sweet smile on her face.

“I want to be the one whose neck she buries her face into when she needs closure and affection. I want to kiss her tears away when she sheds them, want to hold her in my arms so she’ll never be sad again. God,” She pauses, nosing against his cheek before she continues. “I want to call her mine for as long as I could, for as long as she wants to be. I want to make her so, so happy she forgets how being sad would feel like. And when she’s insecure and jealous, I want to kiss her all over until my love for her is crystal clear on her skin. I want to slow dance with her under the moonlight, kiss her pink lips and hold her hand. I’d brush back her hair and capture every detail of her features, even though I’d remembered them by heart. And when she’s silent on the couch with the cat on her lap and a book in her hands, I’d shower her in kisses until she smiles because of me instead of the book.”

Joohyun’s eyes glisten with tears even as her smile remains and while Sehun had thoughts his words had sounded beautiful in his head, it was magic in her voice. She blinks back and he kisses her eyelids before letting her continue. “Her laughter sounds like wind is dancing around us and my heart is singing and all I can see is her, her and her. And when she kisses my palms and nuzzles against my hand I can’t help but think that I’m about the luckiest man on earth. I adore her so much.”

It is only when she closes the book and places it on the side table that she sheds a single tear that he quickly kisses away. She is smiling and there is a crack in her voice when she asks, “That was all about me? How could you think so wonderfully of me?”

“Because I love you,” Sehun says, resting their foreheads together and kissing her nose. “I’m a sap and you’re the reason my heart has melted into a puddle of words that don’t make sense but mean the absolute truth. I love you, princess. I don’t think those words are enough to explain just how much.”

Joohyun only smiles and catches him in another kiss. “I don’t need your beautiful words to know you love me, prince. I see it in the way you kiss me, the way you look at me, the way you hold me in your arms and make sure I’m kept warm. I love you just as much.”

Sehun thinks, as they shared another kiss, that he had never been as happy and will never be as happy as he is at the moment. His heart swells with so much love for her and all he wants to do is hold her in his arms for as long as he could. She deserves the world, and he wants to give her the world.