My love

Lovely

I could hear the keys unlocking my front door, distracting me for a moment. 

Air escaped my lungs looking down as i clunged onto my tank top. It was one of those days again, when i feel the weight on my chest intensify.

My eyes shifted to the lightened screen on my iphone on the floor. My breathing got heavier as i closed my eyes, it was a photo of Aly, memories flooded my mind. 

I looked up, seeing tiffany looking at me with concern filled in her eyes. 

"Jessica." Tiffany's eyes arched in worry, as she held onto my shoulders gently. "Breathe, slow deep breathes, my love."

Just listening to the voice calmed me down significantly. Her eyes drifted towards the lightened screen on my iphone, pain filled her eyes.

Slowly I felt her weight gently by my side on the bed, My heart ached terribly as i wraped my arms around her waist with my head on her chest, taking deep breathes trying to fight away my tears. The memories came flooding back again i bite the side of my cheek sniffling, tears started streaming down my cheeks as i felt weaker not being able to control it any longer, my tears started soaking her blouse.

"I'-mm sor-rry." That was all i managed to utter, sounding weak and vulnerable. Tiffany wiped away the tears that were streaking down my face as she cupped my face in her palms placing her lips against mine, at that instant my body felt lighter as the weight that was there initially subsided.  "Jessica, I love you." 

I smiled through my tears, the smile reaching my eyes it was genuine.

She took hold of my iphone turning it off, walking towards the studying table placing it there. " We tried our best, my love, it's not your fault." Her eyes filled with sadness while she said that biting on her lower lip looking at her palms, with tears threatening to fall. 

Looking up at her still made my heart pound, she is still as beautiful as ever even with the dark circles surrounding her eyes. I love her.

"I love you." I looked at her with love laced in my eyes. That made her smile, as she took a deep breath laying down onto the bed signaling for me to move towards her. We were now facing one another, I gave her another kiss, a soft kiss showing her how much i appreciated her and loved her as my body slowly recovered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a week since Aly left us, a week since my anxiety came back in full force. I have always had anxiety that was under control, but it all went lose when i lost her. Losing our daughter was something we would never have imagined. She was just 10 years old. 

I miss listening to her giggles, her calling out for me, the way she jumps around when she wanted to get on my nerves. Everything about her, everywhere i turned reminded me of the cute little 10 year old that called me mummy. Everything felt surreal, i still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that she's gone.

 Aly was diagnosed with a rare heart condition, which made her prone to heart attacks every since she was born. That did not stop us from showering her with the love and affection we ever could muster giving it to Aly. She meant the world to us and she knew that.

 

It all happened in this apartment.

Aly was walking towards the sink, wanting to clear her cereal bowl. A loud thud was heard as the bowl and metal spoon fell against the floor. She layed there unconcious, upon hearing the thud Tiffany ran into the kitchen as she saw Aly she rushed to picked her up. "Call the ambulance! It's Aly!" She screamed to me, fear was found in her voice. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were both pacing infront of the emergency room, as the door opened from the looks of the doctor we knew that it wasn't any good news. I broke down on my knees bawling my eyes out.

 

How could this happen? Why Aly?

 

The doctor cleared this throat as he spoke" I'm sorry." Sadness filled his eyes as he shut his eyes. "Aly's last words were 'Please tell my mummies that i love them, please always stay happy." " "I'm sorry, she said this before her heart - stopped completely." 

I held onto Tiffany the both of us cried in each other's embrace, as the doctor excused himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even during her last breath she only wanted us to be happy.

With this thoughts, looking at Tiffany across the table having bacon and eggs whilst smiling. 

I would never want to dissapoint my angel, "Aly, I love you."