1/1

New Year's Kiss

Jeongguk didn't really like parties, especially for counting down to the New Year, but he just couldn't say no to Jimin's pleading gaze. That was how he ended up awkwardly standing next to Jimin, while Jimin was dancing like there was no tomorrow.

Jimin noticed how Jeongguk was standing up stiffly, and offered to get both of them drinks. Jeongguk looked at him in panic, about to decline, but Jimin was already walking where the drinks were. God damn it, I'm alone now. Jeongguk stood even more straight, waiting for Jimin like a dog awaiting for their owner's return. 

Jimin got the two drinks and felt someone tap his back. He looked back quickly, and saw— oh my God

"Taehyung? Is that you?" Jimin gaped at Taehyung's new hair, admiring the different shades of colours on his head. 

"Yes Jiminie, you should be able to recognize your own best friend— whom I haven't seen in three months— because I was able to recognize you in that bright orange hair. Did I tell you that you look like a tangerine?" 

Jimin looked at Taehyung, appalled, "Me? A tangerine?" he laughed loudly. 

"There's no w-" Jimin looked at Taehyung pull put his phone to reveal the front camera and cried inside because he really did look like a tangerine.

"O-Okay, so other than me being a tangerine, I'm sorry for not keeping contact with you for awhile, I was just really busy with work, and you know... Life." Jimin said to Taehyung apologetically. 

Taehyung stared at Jimin and started singing the "Why the You Lyin'" song and going as far as to even dance to it.

Jimin stared at Taehyung disgustingly and he gave up, "All right, all right, maybe I hung out with Jeongguk... Kind of..."

Looking shocked, Taehyung held his hand to his heart, "Hung out? Sure, for three months straight you hung out with Jeongguk, I totally believe that." Jimin turned red and soon they were throwing insults at each other. 

The clock read 11:58 PM and Jimin playfully slapped Taehyung yelling, "Catch you later!" ("We still haven't finished the argument, but I totally won!" Taehyung screamed back at him.) and he was frantically looking around for his partner. Jeongguk, where are you?

It seemed like he searched the entire house (he actually took 8 steps), and he was just about to give up when he saw Jeongguk's figure in his view. 

He quickly bolted (10... 9... 8...) to where Jeongguk was (7... 6...), but tripped over (5... 4...). He was quickly caught in Jeongguk's arms (3... 2...), completely engrossed in Jeongguk's eyes, not realizing that people were already counting down to the New Year. 

Jeongguk, however, was aware that there are two seconds until 2016, and the situation was perfect. "Just according to keikaku," (keikaku means plan) Jeongguk thought. Jimin was in his arms so all he had to do was kiss him. He dipped his head lower in order to find the right spot to kiss him and lightly pressed his lips against Jimin's as the crowd roars out, "Zero!" 

Jimin widened his eyes in surprise, but nonetheless kissed him back. As their kiss got deeper and more intense, the more people started to notice them. 

Someone screamed in their direction, "Get a room, you two!" and Jimin broke the kiss with Jeongguk hastily and held his hand to lead the both of them out of the party. 

With a flushed face and slightly swollen lips, Jeongguk thought Jimin was so beautiful, and without thinking Jeongguk sputtered out, "I-I love you." 

Jimin stared at Jeongguk flabbergasted. This was the first time Jeongguk had ever said that he loved him to him. Of course Jimin knew that the male loves him, but he also knew that the younger was too shy to admit that he loved him. He blushed at the sudden confession, but grinned the widest he's ever smiled in his life. He had never been so happy. 

"I love you too, Jeongguk!" He jumped in Jeongguk's arms, and the both of them thought that life couldn't get any better without each other.