Chapter I

The Love Arayat Tower Built
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER I  

3rd Person’s POV

“WHAT?! OH MY GOSH! Stupid! Why isn’t the client happy with the style of the house?!” The feisty CEO started again.

 

“She’s mad again.” An employee remarked as he passed through the halls of the 50th floor.

 

The person engaging the currently fired-up CEO trembled in fear as he uttered a few nervous words when she got back on the line. “Aish! Whatever, stupid!” Krystal rolled her eyes then dropped the pile of folders on her table. “These are the documents for the next building to be accomplished. I want them done by tomorrow and another mistake, you are dead.” Krystal gave her employee an annoyed look.

 

The poor employee nodded, “Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“Arasso, now scram!” When the employee left with the folders, Krystal massaged her temples and tried to remain calm. Chillax, Krystal.

 

Meanwhile, outside the door stood a clad young man with Krystal’s secretary named Nayeon. She asked him, “Tell me, do you still want to get inside the den?”

 

The young man smiled sheepishly and ignored the fact that he was going to face a lion. “Is she a living dragon, or something?”

 

“She’s more than that. Beware, Architect Kang, your handsome face might all go to waste.” Nayeon said as she knocked on the door. “Ms. Jung, someone would like to see you.”

 

Krystal raised an eyebrow as she sent a strong glare towards Nayeon and she nodded. Nayeon stepped aside as a sign that Minhyuk will enter the office. “What are you doing here?” Minhyuk smiled then was about to raise the folder when she said, “Whatever, sit.” Minhyuk sat down and smiled as he knew that this was the interview everyone was talking about. Krystal motioned Nayeon to get the folder from him and the secretary did so. Nayeon gave it to Krystal as she started the interview, herself. “Your name?”

 

“Kang Min Hyuk, ma’am.” He said as he flashed a great smile.

 

Krystal was evidently annoyed by it but she did her best to prevent herself from showing it. “Oh. You have a pretty good record, huh?” She read through the file as she saw that Minhyuk smiled again. “What’s this? You even graduated at Massachusetts Institute of Technology? And you have a post-graduate study at the University of Colombia? How long did you stay in America?”  Krystal asked him.

 

He simply smiled and said, “For about… ten, or eleven years?”

 

“And you’re a laude.” She said as she smirked a bit. She noticed that Minhyuk was smiling again. Apparently, she started to get annoyed by it. She closed the file then said, “Are you messing with me? If you think those itty-bitty-eyes of yours and those smiles of yours can get me then you’re fooling yourself.” She frowned. “Don’t let that smile of yours destroy your chance of getting in.” She massaged her temples again. “Palli, get out. They’ll contact you.” She stopped a bit. “ If you pass.”

 

***

Minhyuk heavily sighed as he got out of the office. So she is a lion. He told himself. He got out of the office. Then he heard his stomach growl. Phew. That interview made me hungry. He went to a nearby café then as he stepped onto the front door, he saw a familiar face.

 

“Oh, Moon Byul Yi!” He opened the door as he saw his hoobae from Massachusetts. The said girl saw him and she gave him her infamous cheekbone smile.

 

“Omo, Oppa!” She greeted as she smiled widely. She sat back down as Minhyuk took a seat for himself. “Oppa, why are you alone and you look so pale!”

 

Minhyuk sighed. “I fought a lion earlier.”

 

Byulyi gasped. “What weapon did you bring?”

 

“Ha! I bought this!” He said as he smiled and pointed to his face. “Ta-da!”

 

“Ew.” She remarked. “What do you want to eat? My treat.” She suggested.

 

“Oh! Is it?” He said as he took the menu from the other table. He scanned the menu and told her, “I want a Salisbury steak.”

 

“That’s expensive.” She complained. But she smiled again. “Oh well, a treat is a treat!”

 

***

After a long, tiring day, Krystal parked her car in front of a large mansion owned by her family. She sighed and went to the living room, only to find her father reading newspapers. She kissed her father on his cheek and she quickly moved away, but her father seems to know what can actually gain her attention. “I heard Mrs. Ferrer wasn’t content with the design. I thought you had the best architects the world can ask for.” He started to condemn her.

 

“Father, everyone has different styles. It just so happened that –“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter