end.

She was Pretty
 
 
 

"So, how's my baby Junnie behaving?"

Junhoe groans, throwing a dagger toward his nosy sister. "Stop it nuna. Can't you leave us alone?!" He grunts.

Yena is stuck in a sibling's banters where she can't do anything except straightens her figure and watches them awkwardly.

"And what are you gonna do to this cutie when I leave you two alone? Trust me Yena-ssi, Junhoe is nothing near gentleman, you know?"

"Nuna!"

Goo Hara laughs hysterically, placing her hands in front of her chest, signalling a surrender. "Alright, alright." She chuckles and gets up, missing a flying pillow that being thrown by her brother. "Scream loudly if anything happens, darling. I'll just be in next room, spying you two,"

"Hara nuna, please!"

Hara leaves the room with her gleeful laugh still remains in the air, leaving the very red Junhoe and Yena who isn’t better than him too in awkward situation now.

"Uuh," Junhoe rubs his back head. "Sorry for that. She's always being a busy body." He clears his throat, trying to collect the remaining pride that his sister successfully ruin in less than a minute.

Yena smiles curtly, still feeling so out of place with the sudden intrusion from Hara last time. She is not someone you can randomly meet at some streets. She is so... stunningly beautiful.

"Your sister is so beautiful." Yena murmurs slowly and catches him off guard.

"Huh? Really?" He grins. "She will be if doesn't nag and bother me so much."

"YAH GOO JUNHOE I HEARD THAT!"

*****

Junhoe always knows his sister has a bad effect to the other mankind, and since that moment when he quite begged Yena to do the homework at his home (because they already planned to visit the library and do their homework there but then Hara hasn't fully recovered from her fever and their parents needed to visit Aunty Park and ended up him being assigned to watch over his sister at home) she started to act strangely.

Junhoe often catches Yena spacing out when they're together, and that will be the strangest phenomenon because a girl doesn't easily ignore his strong presence around. It's Goo Junhoe people! If Super Junior has Choi Siwon, then bless this planet for having this gorgeous Goo Junhoe.

"Yang Yena, should I sing my heart out here so that I get all your attention?" He waves his cup of ice latte in front her, trying to distract her girlfriend from whatever more interesting thing going in her mind.

She doesn't flinch. It's only when he loudly sings a line from Big Bang song Yena snaps her train of thoughts, then watches him in horror. And purely embarrassment because now everyone in the cafe start giggling toward their direction.

"Goo Junhoe, stop!"

No offense, but to get her attention back, his voice is attempted to be bad.

"There you are my girlfriend." Junhoe shows off his playful grin. "You said I sang well the other day?"

"I did. And you sang Three Bears instead of Sober the other day." Yena deadpans.

Despite the sarcastic snide she throws at him, Junhoe laughs with all his might instead. His arm reaches her chin across the table and cupping it. Once his laugh stops, he sets his face on serious mode.

"Tell me what's wrong, Babe?"

Yena cringes. The loud heartbeat that seconds ago felt like could make her chest burst in nervousness is completely gone with the babe thing.

Junhoe grins at her shifted expression, he knows she hates the babe thing. But whatever to stop her thinking too hard like his existence doesn't exist.

Yena slaps his hand away, telling him nothing wrong before getting a sip of her latte. He frowns and wants to ask her further when the café bell dings and two familiar faces comes in.

They are Lee Hyunjoo walking gracefully and Kim Mingyua sunbae in their school that rumor said he was head over heels to the Jaeguk princess Lee Hyunjoo. Both the couples nod curtly as a acknowledgment when Junhoe hears his girl whispers something so random he doesn't think it's a big deal.

"Isn't she pretty?" Her eyes can't stop staring at the couple three tables away from their position, dreamy.

"Nah," Junhoe answers nonchalantly, shaking his head lightly. He's not stupid. Who the hell wants to point out other girl's beauty when your girlfriend right in front of you?!

Oh boy, he is hundred percent wrong about that.

Yena's lips pucker in pout and eyes him begrudgingly.

"What?"

"You don't think she's pretty?! She looks absolutely pretty!"

Okay. Did they agree to discuss about some girl's prettiness on their date before? Because Goo Junhoe really has no idea that should be the main topic on today's meeting.

"Baby, you are the prettiest of all in my eyes." He throws his most charming smile, hoping the topic would be dismissed by it.

"But it's Lee Hyunjoo!" Somehow her whisper is getting louder, and harsher. "She is the epitome of pretty!"

He shoots her a dirty look. They are engaged in staring contest for few seconds before Junhoe realizes Yena doesn't waver a bit. She looks so determined.

Is this finally the time for their first fight as a couple?

"Why are we whispering?"

Anything to bring his girl back to her normal state again.

*****

Junhoe stands tall, hands folded in front of his chest. He keeps his composure between the threshold of the door and clears his throat when Hara doesn't even realize her brother is in front of her room.

"Oh Junnie!" She chirps happily, tearing her attention from the notebook on her lap. "'Sup?"

Junhoe groans. "Don't 'sup me, nuna! What have you done to Yena?"

"Ooh that little cute girl of yours?" Hara's ears perk up at the mention of her brother's girlfriend. "Does she finally wonder why a guy like you has a beautiful nuna like me?" She teases.

Junhoe snorts, slowly walks into her room. "She became weird after met you last time! She spent so much time spacing out when we're together!" His whining is out while he's pacing back and forth in Hara's room, makes his sister creases her forehead in disapproval.

"Junnie, stop making me dizzy." Hara wails.

But Junhoe dismisses her complain. "And you know what's weirder nuna?" He stops on his spot as now facing Hara in seriousness. Hara raises one eyebrow, telling him to continue.

Suddenly Junhoe throws himself on the bed, makes a plop sound as he's sitting beside his nuna, and takes a glimpse of a group chat window is open on the screen. He lets out a frustrated sigh.

"She's mad when I said Lee Hyunjoo was not pretty!"

"And Lee Hyunjoo is?"

"Some chick from our school. Many guys like her, said she's the school's princess or something like that."

"Is she?"

Junhoe turns his head sharply only to meet his sister's curious look that makes him dumbfounded.

"What?"

"That Hyunjoo. Pretty?"

Junhoe contemplates. His worry is obviously toward his sister because sometimes Goo Hara is... not trustable enough.

"You can be honest with me. It's not like I can meet your cutie that often so I could blabber about you oogling some chick from your school." Hara snickers, like a mind reader.

"Well, I wasn't oogling her! And I already told Yena that she's the prettiest in my eyes!" Junhoe snaps, mostly because he feels so embarrassed now and needs to do something about his growing hot cheeks.

"Aww, my baby Junnie is somehow mature now." She coos, deepening the red shade on his cheeks without mercy.

"Please, nuna!"

Hara laughs. She has a nerve to pinch his cheek before trying to give an advise about his urgent situation now.

"Honesty is the key, June. Someone can easily read you if you're closer to them. Maybe your mouth said that but your gesture didn't?" Her eyes softly gazes at him and Junhoe knows how much his sister treasures him. "I don't know, like you didn't really mean it?"

The last line makes the male sibling loses his ability to make a good sentence as defense. Junhoe's eyes nailed to the floor, his brain trying to elaborate what Hara said earlier.

Seeing her brother in a deep muse, Hara lifts her hand and reaches his head. She messes his hair between her soft pats on his head.

"But whatever it is, I know my brother is the most honest person in this world. You would never do that." She smiles sweetly.

Hesitant, Junhoe asks her curiously. "Do what?"

"Saying something you didn't mean."

*****

Carefully, Goo Junhoe sneaks a glance at the cute girl of his in front of himtoo mesmerized with the book she's reading. The adorable thing about Yang Yena that Junhoe loves the most is, when she's so focused on task in her hand she won't be aware of all her surrounding. Her face scrunched up in a cute way, and sometimes some of her hair will fall and cover her face but she won't be bother by it.

Unconsciously his hand moves and reaches out for her when her hair falls slowly to her face. He tucks her hair behind her ear and earns her attention now.

Yena blushes slightly, eyes looks up from the book and looks at him like a cute little kitten.

"Thank you," she murmurs.

They may look like a couple of good students who spends their date time in the library instead, relearning and doing some homework, but for Junhoe he doesn't even know what he's actually doing. His concentration already got distracted once the sight of Yena seriously reviews the Biology handbook in front of him.

It's okay if their date seems boring to anyone else, as long as he can stare at this beauty without interruption.

"Oh hi,"

Dang! Is his wish too impossible to be true?! Junhoe almost curses at whoever dare to break their moment.

Lee Hyunjoo and Choi Hansol stand side by side and stare at them curiously.

"Hi, Hyunjoo-ssi, Hansol-ssi." Yena quickly straightens her posture while Junhoe groaning mentally. "Can I help you?"

Hyunjoo's lips stretched out a bit, indicating she's smiling now. "Actually, yes. Can I borrow that book if you've finished it?"

Junhoe frowns.

"We spoke to Mrs. Park last time and she said all the five are already borrowed by other students, so, if you've finished it already, just let us know." Hansol adds some explanation and gets multiple nods from Yena instantly. She opens to reply when Junhoe beats her first.

"She's still reading it."

Yena glares at him. Hyunjoo too. Only Hansol gives him an eyebrow lift.

"Okay, let us know when you're finished, Yena-ssi."

Once the two intruders finally away from them, Yena leans in and hisses at him.

"What was that?!"

"You are still reading it. I didn't lie."

"But still,"

"It's okay, Hansol already said you just had to let them know once you're finished, right?"

"But"

"Yang Yena,"

She sighs. It's the tone Junhoe usually uses to her when he thinks there's no room for other argument. He stares at her deeply, something like trying to get her understand that not all the time she should be selfless.

Sometimes we need to be selfish too. Like how Junhoe badly wishes he could read what's actually going on Yena's mind.

"It's just," Yena pouts. "She's so pretty. I can't say no to her." And she's back with her whispering things. Eyes determinedly avoiding her boyfriend as still curled up in a pout.

If only Goo Junhoe is truly gifted with a mind reader ability. He groans mentally.

"Don't you think she's pretty?" Yena is staring right at him now, with a complete set of her bright, innocent kitten eyes and whispery voice.

If only...

"Yes, she is pretty." It's unavoidable for Junhoe to let out an annoyed tone as answer and he gets to see a flick of hurt flashed on her eyes. "But that doesn't mean we have to always do anything she wants."

"She's very pretty."

That's the last, odd line Junhoe hears from Yena before she presents him a long, painful silent treatment right after that.

How the hell did I become the one who screw up everything?! His wonder is forever unanswered as it stays in his mind and besides, his girlfriend thinks speaking to him is like a great sin now!

*****

Jeon Somin can only resists two minutes longer before finally gives in and lets out the urge to interrogate the younger girl who looks like focusing on the textbook but she's actually a wondering mess inside.

"Hey, Yena. Talk to me." Somin nudges Yena lightly, a comforting grin already set on her face.

Yena turns her head and looks at the older, hesitant clearly flashed by her adorable kitten eyes.

"Talk about what, unnie?" She bites her lower lip.

Somin's grin grows wider. "About you and your perfect boyfriend! You won't study together with me if you and Junhoe are okay."

At the mention of her boyfriend, Yena brings her head lower. A tint of pink lightly colors her cheeks, but sadness still carried on her expression.

"We're okay." She murmurs.

"Okay then!" Somin exclaims. "But someone whined to Jiwon that his lovely girlfriend has stopped talking to him for past few days."

Yena's head shot up, and Jeon Somin only gives her one winning smile.

"I," Yena huffs. "I think that's my fault." She says quietly. "I, I can't help to feel something strange when Junnie said Lee Hyunjoo was pretty." She avoids Somin's eyes, fingers busy playing with her pen. "She is indeed pretty." She adds in whispery tone.

"You mean you're jealous?" Somin teases and gets Yena's cheeks to be reddened instantly.

"No, I just feel something strange." But the younger stubbornly refuses. "I'm not jealous."

"Really? Then why"

"Alright I feel a little bit jealousy, stop teasing me!" Yang Yena pouts, and seeing her pout is the most adorable sight for everyone to see. Somin can't help but to pinch her cheek and earns a scowl from the younger.

"It's okay baby. Jealousy means you love him and don't want to lose him. It means he's precious to you." Somin's soothing voice caress Yena's ears in such a loving way. But Yena still can't bring her eyes to meet her unnie's.

"That's alright. Sometimes I do feel jealous with that giant too." This gets the younger's full attention as Yena now looking at Somin in puzzled. "Since you're with him, you rarely visit me and hang out with me. He's so bad, makes you forget your most beloved sunbae." Somin grins, enjoying the priceless face on Yena's.

"Unnie!" She wails. "You're the one who abandoned me ever since you dated school's biggest jerk!" Yena's cheeks both red either in embarrassment or holding back the anger.

Somin almost chokes.

"No, I did not. Anyway, please do make up with your boyfriend. He must be more than happy knowing that you're actually jealous." She quickly leads back the topic to today's main concern, because the fact miss perfection Jeon Somin dating the popular in high school Kim Jiwon is obviously unrelated to the emergency case of her adorable hoobae, Yang Yena and her boyfriend's giant dongsaeng, Goo Junhoe.

"But I'm the one who twisted up the situation though," Yena squeaks.

"It will be okay. Make him understand." Somin pats the younger lovingly.

*****

It's the third times of Junhoe pressing the bell for the door eventually opened. A male face similiar to Yena pops out instead of Yang Yena herself, and Junhoe's feeling of wanting to runaway immediately leveled up.

"'Sup?"

He looks harmless. Junhoe mentally supports himself. He's even so tiny.

"Goo Junhoe, right?"

"Ye, yes, uhm.. Yeosob hyung." Junhoe stammers. Yang Yeosob may look tiny and harmless with his cute twinkling eyes, but behind them Junhoe can already feel some wrath waiting for him.

"Ca, can I meet Ye, Yena-ssi?"

Yeosob furrows his eyebrows, examining the nervous youngster in front of his door.

"Oh right, you still haven't clear up the thing with my sister yet?"

"Uhh I, we"

"Hara told me you said that Hyun whoever was pretty and got my sister mad, right?"

Eyes almost bulging out. Mouth gap open. Goo Junhoe really has no control over his appearance right now. He is utterly surprised. And mostly swearing about his sister's death once he's home later.

"I, ugh, that's not, urm.. How's you got that? I mean, no I didn't mean like that, but"

"Your sister and I got into summer camp together once in college. We met again few days ago." Yang Yeosob smiles too sweetly. "So, what did you mean actually?"

Yena once told him that her brother was actually very kind but when Yeosob couldn’t tolerate such things, he held a grudge. Junhoe swallows a big gulp, yeah, maybe he has caused such things Yena’s brother can’t tolerate.

“I,”

“Pft! Puahahaha!” For seconds, Junhoe believes he gets a heart attack right in front of his girlfriend’s door house. “Look at how pale your face is! Goo Junhoe, I thought Yena said something about you being cool.”

“E, excuse me?”

Yeosob, still in holding in the laughter pose, tapped the taller’s shoulder quite hard. His doesn’t hide his amused face. “Do you really think I wanna hear your reason that you prepared to tell to my sister? Absolutely not. Come in. I’ll call Yena, you can sit first while waiting.”

Awkwardly, Junhoe with his giant figure walks in full of uncertainty. He only doesn’t sit properly yet when once again Yeosob gives him another heart attack.

“But on a serious note, I’m watching you closely from now on, Goo Junhoe.” The not too tall brother’s head peeked behind a wall before then completely gone to call his sister.

Sitting timidly, Junhoe swallows a nervous gulp.

There’s this smell of refreshes and flowery scent before Yang Yena comes into the living room. She looks surprised and Junhoe can see the tip of her hairs is still damp from showering. He grins. Why does his girlfriend always look adorable in everything she does?

“Junhoe-ya? What are you doing?”

Junhoe automatically stands up and gets close to her to hug her, but somehow Yeosob’s warning cough is heard from only God knows. He grimaces and stops at his current spot, making them look awkward looking at each other with quite a big gap between.

Bab—”

Insert an annoying, very disturbing Yeosob’s cough here.

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry.”

Insert the second annoying, very disturbing Yeosob’s cough here.

“OPPA! Leave us alone!”

There’s some unidentified grumbles before Junhoe and Yena get their very private time, at last. Although that doesn’t mean they get comfortable facing each other, as both of them still standing awkwardly knowing nothing to do.

Junhoe inhales a quite amount of oxygen before repeating his apology.

“Yena-ya, I’m sorry.”

But Yena is quick at shaking her head, cutting his off. “No, no. It’s actually my fault.” She squeaks, eyes nailed on the floor. “I shouldn’t be so immature and annoying at the first place.”

“No, you’re not—”

“I am. I know I acted as childish girl for the past days, suddenly ignoring your presence and… giving you a silent treatment. I shouldn’t have done that.”

She’s still rambling on and on again like some kind of her brake is broken or something. And still avoiding his eyes too. Junhoe stares at his girlfriend in amusement.

“Baby,” He cuts her off and slowly comes closer to her. He continues after putting his hands on her shoulders, and makes her surprised a bit. “It’s okay, okay? As long as you’re not mad at me anymore.” One of his hands reaches her chin, forcing her to look at his eyes.

Yang Yena looks startled, embarrassed, and kind of disbelief. They get to stare at each other’s eyes for a moment, talking without words before suddenly she lifts her hand and touches his face gently.

“You know, I always get jealous of Hyunjoo.” She whispers, like a conspiracy. Junhoe furrows his eyebrow, making a funny expression.

“Why? Don’t you believe me that—”

“I know. But then I got to meet your beautiful sister, and suddenly I have this feeling, that you live in a kind of beauty world and don’t belong to me. You should be with someone like Hara unnie, say, like Lee Hyunjoo.”

Junhoe groans.

“Yah, Yang Yena, what are you implying?”

“It’s jealousy, alright? Happy, now?!” She suddenly snaps, her mood turns foul and pouts. But Junhoe cracks a smile at her antic and before she can get away from him, he’s faster to envelope her into a hug.

“I’m happy when you are being you, being the beautiful you, and not giving me that kind of silent treatment again. You are beautiful, Babe. Very.”

The warm words softly sipped into her heart and she can’t help but smile as listening to his chest vibrated when he speaks. It’s silly, really, and she already knows it, but still, hearing those assurance words coming from the guy she’s falling in more and more is like erasing all of the unnecessary doubt.

Maybe she’s kinda insecure, but at least Junhoe still calls her Baby despite how many faces she made to express her dislike. Baby slowly sounds alright too.

Junhoe can feel her smile as his own smile also glues on his face, contented. He makes a slight gap between them then kisses her head, inhaling her flowery shampoo scent greedily.

People say beauty is relative, and that’s the truth.

“So, how long are you planning on kissing my baby sister, Goo Junhoe?”

Goo Junhoe gets his second heart attack in one day.