Awkward

Migraine

Jinri's Apartment // 5:38 PM

 

Her mind was scattered and so was her apartmen, bottles of beer was messed up all over her apartment and so was her hair wrapped up in a messy bun. It's been a week since she'd been an emotional wreck. Sehun would visit her for a few times just to bring her food, and so did her best friend, Luna who'd come from Incheon. She was in such a bad state, she finished her shift early in the club just to get her sight away from Jongin. She couldn't handle it.

 

Knock knock.

Two sounds woke Jinri from her thoughts. 

Who the hell is that? Jinri stood up, a hand scratching the back of her head as soon as she opened the door, being greeted by Chanyeol and his signature grin.

"It's so early and you bother me." she dazed at him sheepishly with a grumpy expression.

"It's almost 6 PM, Jinri." he laughed a little, bringing a paper bag from behind. "I knew you weren't feeling better and you leaving early in shifts, Sehun telling me you were an emotional wreck means you needed a lil' bit of sugar.. so, ice cream."

"And alcohol? is there alcohol?"

Chanyeol brought his hand up to flick her forehead. "No more alcohol for you, I've been guessing you've had too much of that." he snickered then tilted his head, "So.. can I come in?"

She bit down on her lip and smiled a bit, maybe sincerely this time as she grabbed the paperbag he was holding, "Come in."

 

She soon rushed over to her couch, quickly grabbing the tub of ice cream. And as soon as she was gonna take the lid off, the taller one whinced.

"What now?" She raised a brow, placing the tub of ice cream on her coffee table. 

"Damn, Jinri.... when was the last time you cleaned your apartment?" his gaze looked at the messy bed, the floors filled with empty bags of chips then to her kitchen sink filled with empty bowls of probably cereal. "Have you even showered?"

She peered behind her couch, her tone going soft as she pouted, "Not yet..."

"All for a guy Jinri, get yourself cleaned and clean this apartment."

She rolled her eyes and stood up, "You sound like my mom." her lips pursed to the side as she huffed, "..and he's not just a guy, Chanyeol. He's Jongin."

He chuckled and shook his head, making his way to her couch. "And I'm Chanyeol.. what's the difference?"

"Do you want me to make a list?" she had her brow raised as she was grabbing the towels from her rack. 

"Never mind. Go, go.. you're stinking up the place." He shooed her with a chuckle.

She stuck her tongue out before heading inside her bathroom afterwards.

 

 

It didn't take Jinri 20 minutes to freshen herself up. As soon as she headed out the bathroom, she ran past Chanyeol who was too immersed in the game. She sneaked in behind the divider that was diving her bedroom and her living room. Soon after, she slipped in her undies and slipped on her sweatpants and a loose casual shirt. 

"Alright. Chan, help me clean up." she then tossed the towel to him with a smirk. "You asked me to clean and you're gonna help me so deal with it."

"Ahh.." He groaned and sunk down the couch, "I feel so sick all of a sudden, I need to go home immediately and sleep."

Jinri rolled her eyes and huffed with her arms resting on her waist, "If you're not standing up, I swear I'm ripping your nuts off."

"Ow!" He whinced as he made a face. "No need to bring up my balls into this." a chuckle followed from his lips and then stood up.

 

He rolled the sleeves of his hoodie up and the end of his denim jeans enough to not get dirtied up. It got productive much after, Jinri was fluffing up her pillows and finally fixed the sheets of her bed. Chanyeol picked up the empty bottles and tossed it into the trash can. Soon after, it was quiet, but the sound of rummaging trash was enough to fill that up. 

It took nearly thirty minutes for all the dishes to be gone, the bags of chips thrown onto the trash bag and finally a dust free floor.

 

"Wow. I can't believe you did it." He brought a hand up to pat the girl's head. "I'm so proud of you, you're making me tear up."

Jinri chuckled a little then nudged him with her elbow, "Not done yet. I gotta mop the place clean. Now go stay in the side for a bit or you might slip."

'Alright chief." he then flopped down her bed, resting himself comfortably as he jokingly struck a pose which made Jinri laugh. 

Chanyeol liked it when her mind was off Jongin somehow. She wasn't sad, or at least she didn't looked sad. Probably tried to distract herself from everything that's been happening. The only thing that bugged Chan was how it took such a huge toll on her. They're pretty much closer than the both of them-- there's some things that you just can't understand. He thought to himself.

"You know, if you keep staring at me.. I'm gonna gauge your eyes out." Jinri took a glance at him with a soft laugh. 

"You're so violent. I'm actually scared of what you can do now." he grinned, like usual. "You look like Cinderella, I couldn't help but notice."

Jinri heaved a heavy breath and smiled and stared down at the floor she was mopping at, "You know, Jongin used to clean this apartment with me before too. But hey, seems like he's pre-occupied with his girlfriend now that he hasn't got any time for me." the sudden change of expression was evident on her face, making Chanyeol stare at her more.

"You know.. what if I confessed to him earlier? Why was I so unsure and why was I scared? Why did it feel like I made a mistake of falling for him." 

He didn't bother interrupting her but he sat up, just looking at her. "You didn't make a mistake."

"But, think about it.. right? I could've been her. In a way, he could've seen me as somethign more than just a sister, right?"

"Jinri..." He stood up and looked at her with worried eyes. 

"Why not me?" She finally broked down into tears and Chanyeol didn't hesitate to walk towards her until..

 

He freaking slipped on the floors she was mopping at earlier. Which made huge /thump/ sound on the floor, causing Jinri to have a surprised expression and quickly rushed beside him.

"Ugh.." Chanyeol groaned with his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes closed. ".. that hurt."

Jinri laughed and patted on his shoulder then offered her hand, "Oh my God, are you okay?" her expression finally turned brighter than earlier.

"Yeah. yeah." he snickered before taking her hand.

And as soon as she pulled him up probably with much force, they found themselves in where he was on top of her. And they were there, just face-to-face, staring in each other's eyes.

 

It didn't take long to hear footsteps from outside and the door soon finally bursting open, "Hey Jins.. are you okay? I haven't heard from you--" 

The familiar voice and figure made the two heads turn to look at the door. It was Jongin, staring at the both of them, his eyes widened and there was a thick silence in between the three of them.

 

.

 

 

 


 

Hey guys!

I finally updated! (again) And since I'm now in a summer vacation, please expect me to do constant updates in the next few weeks!

And thank you for waiting for me up 'til now. I'm sorry since my finals was so hectic, I had the loss of inspiration.

 

But here it is now, let's guess what happens next in this awkward situation.

Don't forget to comment, it keeps me motivated!

xoxo