0000

Lonely Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi greets 24 with a sigh. She needed to get going and wash up so she could meet with her thesis group mates at their University. Mr. Park was being a very nice teacher when he asked them to pass their revised papers on December 24th. Instead of being annoyed and mad at how Mr. Park is being a kill-joy, everyone was delighted to know that they're given a week long extension to finish up their papers.

She rushes to her cabinet and takes out her wool dress. She checks her dorm room before taking off without forgetting her jacket and her coat. Seoul has always been cold during Christmas.

Half an hour later, Seulgi finds herself standing in front of Mr. Park's office. A lot of students are also waiting for their turn to talk to Mr. Park. Her group mates came a little earlier than she did.

"Seulgi, do you want to join us for dinner after?" Wendy, one of her group mates and a close friend, asked. Seulgi understands why. All of them are stuck at Seoul for Christmas and what's a better way to celebrate it? It's always more fun to celebrate Christmas with people.

"Oh sure. Where are we going?"

"We're deciding to eat at that new Japanese restaurant a few blocks away from here. You up for it?" Seulgi nods and gives Wendy a smile. She would always prefer her mom's cooking but since she's stuck in Seoul, Japanese cuisine will do. She pulls out her phone and texts her parents that she'll be eating out with her friends.

Another half an hour later when their group is finally called. Seulgi is not the smartest but she's one of the most hardworking student which makes her the core of her team. Mr. Park congratulates them for a job well done even though there were some parts that needs to be fixed like their technical errors and citations. Other than that, they were good to go. Mr. Park asks them to send their revised final paper through his email and with that, they were free to go. They bid Mr. Park a Merry Christmas and gave him a small gift as a token of their gratitude towards the professor who had been kind to them. The teacher reciprocates their action although without a gift but that was fine. The high grades he gave them were the greatest gift they'd probably get.

Seoul at night is usually rowdy and noisy. Lots of people especially teens roam around night bazaars. Couples go on dates, friends eat out. Noisy but homey. Seulgi isn't particularly fond of noise but the noise from the background calms her. She doesn't like it when it's too quiet. Because she keeps on thinking when it's quiet.

They went out for noraebang after their schedule with Mr. Park. Seulgi enjoyed singing and dancing to pop songs with her friends. Nobody brought up the fact that they can't go home for this Christmas.  It was fun. They did everything to ease their minds. It's Christmas after all. 

"Guys it's almost 8 let's eat dinner. I'm starving." Wendy picks up her shoe and wears it properly. Seulgi could only laugh at Wendy's big appetite. She takes her bag and follows everyone out of the room.

The wind is cold and it kind of stings with direct contact but it feels nice at times. Their small knit huddled close together because of the low temperature. They almost got lost trying to find the new Japanese restaurant because one, there were lots of Japanese restaurants around the area, and two, no one knows how to read Japanese. Thank goodness google maps was created.

They enter the restaurant with smile on their faces. They've worked hard on their paper so tonight, they must feast. Seulgi was ecstatic because of all the sashimis lined up on the buffet table. They dig in after paying for their meals. There's small talk here and there but otherwise, it was quiet- everyone was stuffing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter