O1 // final.

Oh Dear, Another Year!

The ear shattering sounds of the firecrackers bursting outside their dorm filled every silent nook of their personal space. First two hours of 2016 and every member has a special way of welcoming the New Year. As for Jinyoung, he called his family back in Jinhae, tweeted something to ease the fans’ longing and listened to his favorite Michael Bublé playlist.

He was about to drift to dreamland yet… “Jinyoungie…” a soft voice called from the other side of Jinyoung’s room. He sat up, pushed the tiredness away and headed towards the door to open it. Jinyoung knew who that was right away. That melody is his lullaby some nights. “Hey!” he greeted with a subtle smile.

Mark was wearing pair of pyjamas with cute bears printed all over it. He was hugging his pillow and holding a small bottle of fresh milk. Jinyoung realized Mark’s real agenda– to sleep in his room. “Are you already asleep?” Mark asked, nervously. Jinyoung looked over Mark’s back to check the young ones, who seemed to be too exhausted from all the dancing that they did at the event few hours ago. He shook his head cutely then pouted. “Not yet.” the younger answered.

They went in and closed the door. Sitting on the mattress, Mark uncapped the bottle and passed it to Jinyoung afterwards. “You forgot your milk.” he mumbled before smiling warmly. Jinyoung took it, consumed the content and was amazed when he saw Mark looking at him, lovingly.

“Ey~ Am I too pretty?!” He asked, putting the empty bottle aside. Mark giggled and gently wiped the corner of Jinyoung’s mouth with his thumb. “That white substance at on your lips reminds me of something so let me wipe it off before I go crazy.” he innocently explained as he moved closer to Jinyoung. He loves it when he pampers Jinyoung like this. He treats him like a prince and seeing the younger’s blush is enough as a reward. Jinyoung’s face heated up; Mark’s lips were just inches away from his and the fact that hes talking about something nasty got him all fired up.

Jinyoung held Mark’s wrists and abruptly pushed him down the mattress. They were laughing and they started tickling each other until one tears up. They had to hold back their screams for the sake of the youngsters. Mark is obviously stronger, defeating Jinyoung in less than a minute. He attacked the other’s weak spots- thighs, inner thighs and neck. “I hate youuu!” Jinyoung shrieked, out of breath.

Mark laughed and finally lied beside his boy, admiring how perfect he is when he’s panting, gasping for air, smiling while his eyes were closed and simply filled with joy. Jinyoung regained his senses and looked at Mark. This moment felt so perfect. Both of them in the same thin mattress, looking right into each other’s eyes and feeling the same affection. It was Mark who wasn’t good in controlling himself, well, including his body parts. He cupped Jinyoung’s cheek. “Keep that smile for the entire year.” he spoke softly, and Jinyoung’s smile grew wider. “Forever.” Mark added as he softly caressed the other’s milky tender skin.

It took a while for Jinyoung to answer. Not that Mark was waiting for a response, but seeing Jinyoung’s soulful eyes and captivating grin, he swore that there’s something running into his mind. “What are you thinking about, baby?!” Mark asked, letting his hand ruffle Jinyoung’s smooth hair. They both enjoyed the sensation, the care and the love that they have for each other.

“Thinking about everything that happened this year…” Jinyoung widens his eyes after realizing his little mistake and laughed with Mark. “I’m sorry! I mean last year!” he corrected himself in the most adorable way he can do. Mark nodded and tried to recall some unforgettable moments of the past year. “We’ve been through a lot!” the elder bobbed his head in agreement.

The elder’s eyes lit up. “Remember when you cried during our anniversary event?” Mark muttered as he placed a hand on top of Jinyoung’s hips. The scene flashed back and Mark felt sad all of a sudden. “Yeah!” Jinyoung answered. “And you were the first one who rushed onto me to hug me tight. You allowed me to cry on your shoulders. I know you wanted to do more that night but the boys saw us hugging so they comforted me too.” Jinyoung happily told as his free hand toyed with the other hand on his hips. “Thank you for always holding me when I’m close to breaking down.” he followed sincerely which touched Mark’s heart.

“Hey! That week when we had a fight! Remember that?” Jinyoung asked in a vibrant tone.

Mark nodded. “You have no idea on how much I’ve missed you that time. You kept on ignoring and avoiding me.” he sadly whispered as he recalled the bitter memory. It happened earlier last year and those days, filled with sorrow, will always be remembered. “It’s your fault, Tuan. You lied to me.” Jinyoung sticks his tongue out like a kid and Mark rolled his eyes. This man can be really annoying some times. “Yeah. I acknowledge my mistake. But it’s crazy that even the fans noticed our lovers’ quarrel!” Mark remarked and Jinyoung couldn’t agree more. They let out a hearty cackle.

Few silent seconds passed, seems like they’re both thinking of a certain event. “Aha!’ The both said at the same time, causing for Mark to finally pull Jinyoung closer to him and wrap his arms around his precious one. "Go ahead.” he ordered. Jinyoung enjoyed the comfort of Mark’s warm physique. His structure fits Jinyoung perfectly. “When we got drunk on your birthday!” Jinyoung said.

Mark grinned. “And we tweeted each other although were just lying side by side!” Jinyoung nodded. They were so drunk that night but Mark and Jinyoung made the most out of it. They had fun in best way they can. They woke up the next day with extreme head ache but it doesn’t matter. Few cuddles cured everything after all.

The door of Jinyoung’s room slightly opened and someone went in. Jinyoung was caught off-guard and attempted to struggle out of Mark’s hug but the elder didn’t let him escape. “Hyung….can I borrow a pillow?” Yugyeom said sleepily. Mark reached for a pillow and tossed it towards Gyeom’s direction. Yugyeom looked at his hyungs with that ‘here they go again’ expression. Seriously, no one can stop these two. He held the pillow and mumbled tiredly. “Are you guys gay?!” then walked away, back to his bed.

“And that! Yugyeom asked us that question after I kissed you in the midst of the fansign event. ” Mark was controlling his laugh when he remembered how Jinyoung looked like that time. That’s how they fixed their aforementioned misunderstanding, making a very bold display of affection in front of everyone.

Jinyoung stayed silent for a while as he witnessed the alluring sight before him. He looked at Mark closely; seeing the features he inherited from his parents. “When we drove around L.A. and you ended up damaging your dad’s new car.” Mark scratched his nape in embarrassment. Jinyoung was there when Mark’s dad was lecturing his son about proper driving.

“Plus you got sick in our first day in L.A because of the uncanny weather. I was so worried! You were so unwell that you threw up 3 times.” Mark reminded.

Jinyoung smiled. “And you asked me if I was pregnant.” then he pinched Mark’s nose really, really hard, earning a low grunt from his lover. No matter how it hurts, Mark can never hate Jinyoung and his antics. It’s just Jinyoung’s way of showing love and care, so why feel bad?! Well speaking of hate…“Who will forget the day that you wore your ‘ahjumma pants’ at the airpont and the entire human race had a good laugh because of it!” Mark said as he teased the man in his arms. “Our couple fashion too!” Mark excitedly added.

Shocked and ashamed, Jinyoung covered his face with his palms in embarrassment. “But…Thank you for staying with me for the whole time. At least I’m sure that someone will stick to me even though my style sometimes.” Marks heart was just near its edge. Hearing this statement for the first time felt like they’re just a new couple confessing to each other.

Apparently the sudden walk at the memory land won’t end anytime soon. There were tons of things to talk about. Hundreds of moments, on and off camera. “Who would have thought that Iron-Nyoung and Spider-Mark would look so good together?” Mark snapped. That was when they wore Marvel superhero costumes. Jinyoung nodded vigorously as he imitated the hand gesture that Spiderman does, not to mention, the improvised sound effects. Mark laughed at his natural dorkiness. This guy…he's the one.

All of a sudden, Jinyoung felt a hand on top of his peach. As expected, this naughty hand squished one of his bouncy cheeks. He squirmed and moved a little to catch the wild hand. “You’re so obsessed with my peach aren’t you?! You even admitted that you’re the member who squishes my most of the times.”

“And you, Mr Park! What’s your sudden obsession with my chest all about and why were you always touching and grabbing my during fansign events?!” Mark fired back, knowing that he kinda won this round again. Jinyoung remained silent yet he pinched Marks seen through the thin cloth.

Fansign events last year were really remarkable. Mark and Jinyoung were just all over each other. They would joke around, talk about other members, initiate skinships, hold hands under the table or just hold hands in front of everyone. “Okay let’s go to Japan.” Mark said.

“Yukadon!” Jinyoung shouted at the top of his lungs.

“Yeah. Kabedon was so 2014. So I tried a new one. Wonder what I should do with you this year during the Japan tours.” Mark replied firmly, without any hint of trickiness. He looked so serious about it and it made Jinyoung chuckle. “You can do anything, to be honest. But please, always stay safe. I don’t want you to get an injury from any risky move like when you landed badly after a flip. Good thing you landed straight into my arms and I was able to hold you.” Jinyoung remembered the threatening experience in Dallas. Mark lost his balance that time. Although he was able to catch Mark just in time, he got too scared; not because of Mark’s physical condition, but the possibility of Mark blaming and hating himself for failing in front of the crowd. He’s afraid that Mark would feel that he’s not good enough. Jinyoung hugged him right away, telling him that it’s okay and everything’s alright.

Finally, a memory sparked in Mark’s brain which made him smile like a fool. “Eh? Why are you smiling?” the younger asked, pulling the blanket up to protect them from the cold night. Mark held his hand tightly. “You proposed.” he answered happily.

“Me? I proposed?! When? Where? How?” Jinyoung asked in confusion. When the did he proposed to Mark? Then a thought kicked him hard. Damn! How could he forget that?! That was in Thailand, at the middle of their Fanmeet. He has a small bouquet of flowers on hand when Mark arrived and Jinyoung felt so brave (and in love) that he knelt right in front of Mark. A cheap proposal, some might say, but for the both of them, it can never be exchanged with any fortune.

“Ohhhh~ I remember it now.”

 

Mark smiled and pulled Jinyoung closely and kissed his forehead. At some point he would just wonder how lucky he is to have a faultless lifeform beside him all the time. A living work of art who makes his heart flutter every once in a while. A god-like mortal who holds him tight and kiss him good night. A man that is admired by many and still loves Mark unconditionally. Having Jinyoung is a blessing and Mark will be forever thankful for it.

“Our 'bromance’ was acknowledged by a program. Remember that?” Mark intrigued.

Jinyoung nodded. “ And I tried to avoid you but you keep on coming onto ne so i have no choice but to give in.” And they laughed in unison. “I bet you’re getting a girlfriend this year.” Jinyoung said bitterly, which killed the atmosphere. Mark found it sweet so he pinched Jinyoung’s cheek and kissed the tip of his nose.

“Nope. I already have you.” Mark whispered and a beautiful beam appeared on Jinyoung’s lips. “The best boyfriend ever.”

And as they stare at each other for a couple of seconds, they both refreshed every single memory that they’ve made in the past year. All the happy times, the arguments and fights and other incidents that fate ordered to happen in order to strengthen their relationship. 2015 is a rollercoaster ride; A year filled with unexpected ups and downs, massive adjustments, heart-pounding events, inevitable stress, and of course, unforgettable experiences.

Mark cupped Jinyoung’s cheek once again. “Let’s make more memories this year, okay?” and Jinyoung nodded joyfully.

It didn’t take too long for them to feel the sleepiness and fatigue coming from their earlier schedule. With their bodies close to each other, both of them relaxed and let go of all the negativities. A brand new year just begun–a year filled with love, hope and prosperity.

As Jinyoung closed his eyes and wrap an arm around Marks waist, he knew that this 366-day journey stared just right. Mark’s eyes were now closed yet his hold on Jinyoung’s body remained. Jinyoung glanced over his small alarm clock. 3:23 AM. He needs to rest now.

 

“Happy New Year, Mark.” Jinyoung greeted.

Mark opened his eyes and leaned closer to leave a deep yet love filled kiss on Jinyoung’s lips. It’s their First kiss for this year.


“Happy New Year, my love.”