Intervention

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Notes: I haven't done this in awhile - this week's featured song is Sung Si Kyung's "Every Moment of You". Like before, you will find lyrics for this song throughout the chapter. This time around as a direct representation of Jae Joong's feelings for Hayaley at that very moment.

 

 

Italics for conversations in English.

September 14: 6pm, Walkerhill Theater, Sheraton Grande Walkerhill, Seoul

Hayaley is ready for the grand entrance to the Walkerhill Theater. She has spent the whole afternoon going over the finishing touches with Helen and getting ready for the evening. As she had suspected, the dress is nothing like one she would have picked out for herself but it will show off the pieces she’s wearing well. She didn’t expect anything less from Helen.

 

 

Ji Hoon squeezes her hand, resting in the crook of his arm. “Ready?”

She nods. He signals for the staff to open the double doors.

On the other side of the door, the emcee announces the arrival of the designer, Hayaley Sung. Jae Joong turns his head towards the entrance. In walks Hayaley. She looks stunning. He only wished it was not Ji Hoon that was escorting her.

 

Because you sometimes quietly lean on my shoulder
I'm really, completely happy…
 

The showcase proceeds shortly after Hayaley’s arrival, followed by the reception. Jae Joong noticed several actresses among the guests of mainly Korean designers and socialites. The chaebols and big corporations are also well represented by the wives, daughters and daughter-in-laws.

Chris had arrived late, during the showcase, which earned him an unpleasant look from the young designer seated between them. But during the reception, the two seemed to have hit it off. Their similar background in fashion gave them much to chat about. On his left is a chaebol wife who is more interested in getting her husband to add to her collection of precious jewels so she pays the stranger next to her no attention. Jae Joong is left to quietly admire the lady seated across from him. Not that he minds that though it does bother him that Ji Hoon is the one occupying her attention this moment, this evening.

Sometimes, I gaze at you
Because I can't do anything else but that
Every moment of you, I hope it'll be me
Just thinking of it overwhelms me, filling me with you

 

The guests were also encouraged to visit the boutique located on the same floor if they were interested to view more than the pieces displayed in the Theater. After the reception, Chris suggests that they check out the boutique so they head that way.

 

 

At the boutique, Jae Joong sees that Ji Hoon is still by Hayaley’s side as they chat with several ladies. He catches some of their conversation as he walks by. Looks like they want Hayaley to design the young lady’s wedding jewelry.

Hayaley had intentionally altered the seating arrangement this afternoon so that Jae Joong would be seated across from her. Her reasoning, “Why not? No harm in admiring from afar. It'll just be like during the rehearsals and concerts...”

She had caught him eyeing her several times during the reception, almost always over the rim of his wine glass or water goblet. It had made her smile, remembering the first few times she had noticed him doing this. No doubt this is his way of being discrete.

Hayaley sees that Jae Joong is alone. She whispers something in Ji Hoon’s ear and leaves his side. She walks up to Jae Joong. He senses her presence and turns to confirm his instinct. “I’m thinking of getting my mum and perhaps my sisters a piece.”

“What lucky ladies,” she teases, smiling.

“Any ideas?”

She shows him several pieces. Chris comes over to greet Hayaley and then leaves them alone. Soon, Ji Hoon comes to claim her attention and whisks her away, much to Jae Joong’s displeasure.

From a distance, a middle-age lady has been watching Hayaley and Jae Joong. She takes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter