fin

I'll Shine on You

 

Baekhee doesn’t follow orders easily; it has been like this ever since she was born. When her mother put on the white dress, little Baekhee grumped and changed into the purple one. It’s not like the white dress wasn’t pretty – it was really lovely with the thin stripes and fluffy skirt – but it wasn’t little Baekhee’s choice so it had to go. The same goes with school subjects, although obviously there Baekhee can’t go all the way because she’d be dismissed. (Music and History are quite interesting anyway.)

 

After she had decided to become a singer, she had to give up on this mindset… just a little bit.

 

“Try again that part. Your pitch wasn’t quite right.”

 

“Yes, teacher.”

 

Her words sound obedient but her tone doesn’t and Sowon sends her a look from the other side of the room but Baekhee just mentally shrugs as she starts singing her line again.

 

There are limits of being helping and what Teacher Kim is doing right now is way beyond that – they’ve been rehearsing all morning but not once did Baekhee well, in the teacher’s opinion of course. Byun Baekhee thinks she’s doing as well as always and she probably does because outside the man furrowing his brows constantly, everybody else is fine with Baekhee’s performance.

 

What Teacher Kim doing is teasing, torturing and if he wants Baekhee to suffer then hah, he had picked the wrong person because Byun Baekhee is not one to decline a challenge.

 

She purposely holds her high note longer, all the while looking in her teacher’s direction. Yerin on her right is making amusing sounds which are totally not part of the song and when the rehearsal ends, corners Baekhee in the hall.

 

“Whoa, Byun Baekhee, you’re something!”

 

“Me? Oh please.” Baekhee flips her long, black hair behind her shoulder. “I’ve just did my thing.”

 

“You surely have. Teacher Kim seemed to hyperventilate for a moment and not in a good sense.“ Yerin snickers. “I’d bet at the next vocal practice he’ll make you sol-fa the song thorough.”

 

Knowing the man’s persistent, sometimes even straight cruel personality, Baekhee wouldn’t be surprised either… but it’s not like she has nothing else up her sleeve.

 

“He can try. I won’t back down.”

 

Yerin obviously has another comment on that but Teacher Kim leaves the room exactly then. The two girls respectively bow as he passes by them but when Baekhee is sure that 1) no one else is around and 2) there is no chance Teacher Kim would turn around, sticks out her tongue at the man’s back.

 

Yerin has a laughing fit, so loud it’s a surprise nobody comes to scold them.

 

“Ah, you’re so funny, Baek’.”

 

They walk down the hall arm in arm and though her unnie keeps chatting about idol oppas doing this and that, Baekhee’s thoughts keep diverting back to the man sitting so strict in the room, lips pursing in annoyance.

 

If Teacher Kim was just a tad bit less handsome, Baekhee would have won him over centuries ago. But no, Teacher Kim is the finest specimen of a man Byun Baekhee has ever seen and damn it, it is not right!

 

 

 

The fight of teacher and student has started six months ago.

 

No matter when Baekhee remembers that day, it’s still the same. It wasn’t her fault. That day just happened to be a day from Red Week.

 

She woke up with aching stomach and light fever. It was hard enough to get out of bed; dressing up and showing up at practice seemed to be a superhuman task to perform.

 

“Take your time. I’ll tell manager oppa and Teacher Do you’ll arrive a bit late.” Eunha patted Baekhee’s back sympathetically. “Don’t forget to eat your breakfast!”

 

Baekhee ate her portion of rice at the pace of a snail and didn’t even bother to comb her hair. What’s the use, she’s on period. She looks like hell anyway. She just took a pill of painkiller from the cupboard and dragged herself to practice with the mantra of “you can do it, you’re a strong independent woman, Byun Baekhee, nature is nothing to bring you down”.

 

But there were news people forgot to deliver her that day and that ruined everything.

 

Instead of Teacher Do’s small but rather dark form, a slightly taller man stood behind the desk upon entering the room and he didn’t look familiar at all.

 

“Byun Baekhee-ssi?”

 

Baekhee knew that voice… as in the tone. It was the same tone Teacher Do, their managers and sometimes even her members used on her and it only meant one thing – she was in trouble.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You’re late.”

 

Thank you, Captain Obvious, the retort was on Baekhee’s tongue but it was easy to read the situation. Whoever that man is, she better not sass on him. The alarming looks the girls were sending Baekhee from their seats said the same.

 

“Do you have anything to say for yourself?” The man continued, his hands clasping behind his back.

 

He was trying hard to look intimidating and strict but all Baekhee could think he’s kind of cute.

 

His face was small and his features prominent – there was a light of upset in his eyes but Baekhee still liked those bright eyes, and the smooth jawline, and the lightly disheveled hair with the bad perm and… Oh God, his lips were just to die for.

 

“Well, you might have nothing to say, miss, but I have a lot to say, especially to you.”

 

Naturally Baekhee got scolded badly. She was called out being late, bringing down the team, having no respect for them or for the company basically and even got stomped in the ground when the man said “I hope at least your talent makes up for the loss”.

 

Baekhee wasn’t even listening most of the time, were too mesmerized by the sight to utter anything to save herself but when that last sentence came out, she had woken up from her daze.

 

“You don’t know me, sir. You have no right to speak so degrading about me. I’ll show my talent, don’t worry about that, but you own me an apology.”

 

Those words were hard but Baekhee thought the girls gasping was a bit of an overreaction. The same goes for Manager Lee facepalming. She just stood up for herself! She had to, this man, although handsome, had no right to speak to her like that.

 

It turned out he has some authority.

 

“I finished talking with you. Sit down, miss, and pull out that talent.” The man turned his back on her. “You’re going to need it under my teaching.”

 

For the rest of the lesson, and rest of the months, Teacher Kim has considered the small, long-haired girl with puppy eyes as a pain in the neck and Baekhee has reciprocated the feeling.

 

The people around them have started to get used to the tension between the two but soon things begin to change.

 

 

 

There has been another comeback scheduled for GFRIEND and preparations have started.

 

Baekhee thinks this song isn’t as good as “Glass Bead.” Their debut song was so much fun and energy, and while “Me Gustas Tu” is quite similar to it regarding to some aspects, the random Spanish and even sweeter lyrics disturbs the girl a little. How is she supposed to sing lines like “Like the flower petals that flow with the wind / We don't know the future” and “So that my heart that longs for you will be closer to you” without cringing? And what’s with Yerin jumping over her? If she falls, Baekhee can be buried in the back garden.

 

And there are those vocal lessons again too.

 

“Baekhee, you’re late.”

 

“I’ve arrived on time, teacher.”

 

Some members stifle a laugh as another Teacher Kim VS Byun Baekhee round of fight starts.

 

“You had arrived on time for practice but you’re not in synch with the others in the chorus.” Teacher Kim explains with all the patience he can muster. “Your voice sticks out like a sore thumb. Please, concentrate more.”

 

In the heat of embarrassment (she was really late by a millisecond), Baekhee can’t find a word to say back and it leaves her frustrated enough not to even answer. For her luck Teacher Kim lets her go this once and just starts the melody again on the piano.

 

Though the song is lacking in her opinion, Baekhee tries her best. It’s their song after all, it’s written for them and, just like it has been mentioned before, it’s not all bad. The melody is good and uplifting and when their voices harmonize, Baekhee feels a wave of happiness wash over her. This is exactly why she had dreamed of being a star.

 

Teacher Kim complains over some notes and makes them promise to work extra hard but the girls are dismissed in time, just a little bit after noon to have a light meal.

 

Umji is clinging onto Baekhee’s arm to buy her tteokbokki at the stand in front of the company. They’re going to be so dead if somebody finds out, but Baekhee agrees right away. She’s hungry too.

 

When she reaches the door, Baekhee catches from the corner of her eyes Teacher Kim standing by the desk. Their eyes meet for a second and Baekhee snaps her head back at instant to run after Umji.

 

Oh God, it was awkward. It shouldn’t be, they’re bound to have some eye contact being in the same place day by day but Baekhee thinks this was different. Maybe it’s just the admiration she feels for the man aside from dislike. Teacher Kim might be a bit rigid and too sensitive but he’s quite easy on the eyes and moreover, a great singer.

 

Teacher Kim not just a vocal coach but Kim Jongdae, stage name Chen, a famous solo singer. Baekhee has no idea why he has halted his activities and started to work as a trainer because his latest mini album was a huge success. “Best Luck”, the title song, is still on Baekhee’s playlist and when it comes on shuffle mode, she sings her heart out. (And she relishes in the harmony their voices create together… but that’s not important.)

 

“What are you thinking so hard about?”

 

“Hm?”

 

Umji points with her chopstick at the full plate Baekhee has.

 

“Your tteokbokki goes cold. If you don’t want to eat it –“

 

“I’d rather eat even when I’m full then giving it to you!” Baekhee snorts ad manages to pull away from her friend. “You pig.”

 

“Take that back at instant!”

 

At the end Baekhee ends up on her back, Umji tickling her senseless… and the tteokbokki falls to the ground, going waste. It’s no problem though. Umji has eaten her plate and Baekhee is apparently too confused to eat a bite more.

 

It’s just admiration, she concludes later that day when she’s laying in her bed and is listening to SinB’s snoring as a lullaby.

 

 

 

However it turns out soon that it’s way more than that.

 

In the middle of practicing the choreography, Teacher Kim pays them a visit. Baekhee is busy matching her feet with the rhythm so first she hasn’t even noticed the added presence. The choreography “Me Gustas Tu” has might be even harder to learn and execute and Baekhee is in serious worry because of that certain jump. (Even though Yerin always promises with rolling eyes that she jumps extra higher just in case.)

 

But at the couple dance-part, where she has to face Yuju and hold hands, her eyes skim over the room and find Teacher Kim lean on the doorway, deep in thought and Baekhee almost trips over her own feet from the shock.

 

Fortunately she can recover and Yuju is there to hold her up so the dance continues like nothing has happened. Baekhee is embarrassed by such an unprofessional behavior but it’s not like she did it on purpose and moreover, what Teacher Kim is doing here?

 

Baekhee does her best ignoring the teacher by the door but it becomes really hard to do so as they arrive to the bridge. Everything slows down, there aren’t much dance moves and damn it, she has to stand to the side (to the side closest to the door by the way) for her high note!

 

It’s just five seconds, Byun Baekhee, and it’s just Teacher Kim, he’s not even a good dancer (being a ballad singer), the girl encourages herself as she shimmies to her place with a well-practiced smile. The members are doing their best in the background, she has to as well.

 

Despite of her nervousness, the note comes out clear and Baekhee even re-joins the dance effortlessly. The last chorus is done without mistakes and in no time, the song finishes and the girls freeze in the ending pose.

 

For a second just harsh panting can be heard in the dance room but then Teacher Kim approaches them while clapping.

 

“You danced well right there, students.”

 

“Thank you, Teacher Kim.” The girls reply in unison. They stand up one by one and bow deeply.

 

Baekhee does the same but her heart doesn’t slow down. Yes, she danced for her life a moment ago but this mess of state should start to die down by now. Teacher Kim even gifts them with a nice smile one by one and when his eyes arrive to Baekhee, the girl squirms under his gaze. For the first time she feels self-conscious and would hide behind someone (preferably Sowon, she’s a skyscraper) to cover her bare legs, hidden badly in the shorts she’s wearing.

 

“And your high note was great. You’re improving, little one.”

 

It wasn’t that much of a compliment but Baekhee feels like swooning because damn, he even smiled when he said that! And when those lips pull into a wide smile, eyes crinkling in delight, is a sight Baekhee likes, maybe too much. Please, don’t let her blush now.

 

Their dance instructor is present as well and doesn’t hesitate to tease his fellow teacher.

 

“Good evening, hyung. You were bored with music sheets so you’ve come down to see something else?”

 

If any of the girls had remarked that, none of them was able to process the killing look they would get but as the instructor even smirks, all Teacher Kim does is clearing his throat and averting his eyes.

 

“They are my students as well, Sehun-a. Of course I’m curious how they’re doing.”

 

Sehun still looks amused but then just chuckles and turns to the members.

 

“I’d like to see this dance once more. Yerin-a, if you jump any higher, you reach the rooftop. Please, lower it a bit. Eunbi, you’re doing well, just don’t speed up too much… And Baekhee-ya.”

 

Baekhee was busy tying her properly tied shoelaces all the while (her tactic at being invisible when she’s about to be evaluated) but looks up with a tired smile when her name is called.

 

“You keep bouncing around like a rubber ball. It’s cute but you might disturb the others. Control your movements, please.”

 

Baekhee believes her forte is looking cute and bouncing helps a lot on that but admitting her mistake, nods.

 

“Yes, oppa.”

 

Teacher Kim is not there when the practice ends and surprisingly Baekhee is disappointed by that. She’s pouting sadly without her knowing and when Eunha asks what’s wrong, she says she’s tired.

 

The truth is; her heart is anything but tired. It keeps beating fast even when they’re back at the dorms and the traitor even skips a beat when Teacher Kim’s smile flashes in front of Baekhee’s eyes.

 

 

 

“Which skirt should I wear, the pink or the baby blue?”

 

SinB doesn’t stop flipping through the magazine as she answers.

 

“You’re cute in everything, Baekhee.”

 

Baekhee is furious by the lack of care in her voice.

 

“But that’s the point. I don’t want to be cute! I want to look good but… not cute.”

 

The words sounded perfectly common in her mind but as SinB stops reading and a smirk forms on her face, Baekhee realizes she’s doomed.

 

“Ya, everybody, Baek has a crush!”

 

The members of GFRIEND are usually scattered around the dorm doing this and that but when emergency calls – let it be real emergency or girl talk -, they gather in the biggest room and make more noise than an FT Island concert.

 

“Who is it?” Yerin is the first one to arrive with a shout and promptly flops down next to SinB on the bed.

 

“I’ve waited for you with that part.”

 

“Come on, it’s obvious. There’s only one male around us nowadays who can be counted and it’s –“

 

“Unnie, stop!”

 

Baekhee whines just in time to silence Yuju but Eunha and Umji arrive just then to ruin everything.

 

“It’s Teacher Kim.”

 

“Yes, Baek looks at him like he was Won Bin.”

 

The members snicker in unison and Baekhee covers her face in a pillow to smother herself to death. So embarrassing!

 

Sowon makes it last to the room and she’s less hyped fortunately.

 

“You’re making too much noise. Stop it.”

 

“But unnie, Baek has a crush!” Yerin speaks up while lifting her eyebrows teasingly. “Look at her hiding her face, we must be true!”

 

It’s too late to deny and Baekhee knows. She lifts her face up and hugs the pillow to her body with a sigh.

 

“You’re all mean, you know?”

 

“Ya, we haven’t said anything.”

 

“But you’re going to judge me!”

 

Yuju rolls her eyes.

 

“Of course, we’re your friends… but anyway, Teacher Kim? Are you at your right mind, Byun Baekhee?”

 

That’s something Baekhee doubts as well but based on the last days there’s no other explanation for her behavior.

 

Two days ago Teacher Kim made Baekhee stay at the room to work out her lines because she screwed up again once or twice (or more) and whatever the man did, Baekhee felt fascinated. Let it be flipping through music sheets, playing on the piano or something as simple as running his fingers through his hair or gulping, Baekhee stood there as a gaping fish. Teacher Kim thankfully didn’t comment on that but he obviously noticed it because Baekhee did a pretty poor job at composing herself. (When her voice cracked because their hands had accidentally brushed as the teacher was passing by her, Baekhee just wanted to die.)

 

And just yesterday when she was walking on the corridor, she caught Teacher Kim laughing on something with Manager Lee and Baekhee had to hide behind a pillar to conceal her joy and the spreading blush on her face. Teacher Kim has a really addicting laugh and a face which looks best when the owner of it smiles.

 

All in all, once again for emphasis, she’s doomed.

 

“You’re cute and all but Teacher Kim is old.” Umji scrunches her nose up.

 

“He’s in his twenties.”

 

Baekhee instantly regrets dropping that information because 1) all the girls look impressed mix afraid and 2) great, now she’s just a stalker.

 

“He’s in his late twenties. A blink and he’s already thirty.” Since now everybody looks plain shocked, Eunha provides an explanation. “I heard Teacher Do teasing him about being a soon-to-be-thirty before he left or something.”

 

“The point is that he’s way too old for you. He could be your father.”

 

What SinB says it’s not possible, unless Teacher Kim had an adventurous childhood and had his first girlfriend at the tender age 10. (Yes, Baekhee has calculated a bit… for science.)

 

Baekhee understands where they’re going with this though.

 

“It’s… It’s not like I wanted to like him that way, okay? It’s just happened. Like not long ago I hated him and his rude personality and now I suddenly don’t hate him? But want to see him more? And his smile?”

 

Instant regret part two – Yerin cackles so loudly, it’s a miracle the neighbors don’t complain.

 

“Oh my God, Baek, he’s your first love?”

 

It’s quite unbelievable, maybe even a bit ridiculous, but as her members chat among themselves and giggle alternately, Baekhee sits in the middle of the room shocked.

 

Because yeah, Teacher Kim might really be her first love. She’s so so so doomed.

 

“Don’t mind us.” Sowon comes to sit next to her and playfully flicks the tip of Baekhee’s button nose. “Teacher Kim might be old but is charismatic and good-hearted. Your crush is cute… it’s just that you don’t know about him. Teacher Kim is a man and well, although you’re adorable, you’re still a girl, Baekhee. You have to think of the possibility that he doesn’t feel the same way for you. And if that’s the case, you better give up on this love.”

 

Aside from awe (Sowon isn’t there leader for joke), Baekhee feels a bit down too. Sowon is right, the rest of the members are right… Having a crush is fine but somebody like Teacher Kim being her first love is not that okay. It’s something worth considering.

 

What luck Baekhee is one for challenges.

 

 

The rehearsal for the comeback stage goes well. Baekhee is aware of that she was supposed to move quicker towards the end of the song but her mistake is not noticeable. GFRIEND fans chant loud in-song and cheer on them when they walk down the stairs. However we look at it, this is success.

 

“Have you heard them?” Eunha exclaims in the dressing room. “I thought my eardrums going to burst, whoa!”

 

Yuju chuckles as she brushes her hair.

 

“It was loud to the point of distraction… especially when Baekhee bounced around. You did well today, Baek, you know?”

 

Baekhee puts her pullover on and smoothes down her hair. She’s about to say something along the lines of “If you say so” but somebody knows on the door.

 

It’s one of the coordi noonas and is asking for Byun Baekhee.

 

The girl exists the room suspiciously – she had no mistakes besides that one, what could it be – but it’s just Manager Lee who looks for her. Or is he?

 

“Teacher Kim asked me to get you for him.”

 

“Teacher Kim is here?”

 

Manager Lee breaks into a smile as he navigates Baekhee towards another room.

 

“Yes, the teacher came to watch upon your rehearsal. He really wants to take care of you. He must like you a lot.”

 

Baekhee knows their manager means all of them, means the whole GFRIEND but the girl’s youth heart can only interpret it as Teacher Kim is came for her.

 

That’s why that when they arrive and the manager oppa leaves because of something, Baekhee doesn’t even try to conceal the eagerness in her voice.

 

“Teacher Kim!”

 

The man is wearing jeans and a shirt as always but he still looks fancier than on normal occasions. His shirt is white and with the smile adorning his face, Baekhee thinks an angel is standing in front of him.

 

“Hi, little one. I saw the rehearsal. Good job!”

 

He’s the same guy who called you disrespectful and always finds a mistake in you, a voice says deep down but Baekhee doesn’t care.

 

“Thank you, teacher.” She stands from one leg to another in excitement. “Without your guidance, this couldn’t work out like this. I’m sad Teacher Do is gone but… you’re just as good. Don’t tell him but I think you’re even better.”

 

The teacher chuckles and she feels her cheeks heat up.

 

“I’m glad you think so… Actually, I’m thankful, Baekhee. I’ve called you here because I owe you. I want to apologize.” Teacher Kim continues in a gentler voice.” I had said really hurtful things. They were too harsh back then and after getting to know you, I’ve realized I was unfair. You’re a hardworking and lovable girl, Baekhee-ya. I’m sorry for being cold to you.”

 

This is not what Baekhee has expected to hear him say when she came to the room, therefore a moment or two she doesn’t know what to say. At the end, all the while hushing her reckless heart, she responds:

 

“I forgive you, teacher. Just let me call you oppa.”

 

This is not what Teacher Kim has expected to hear her say either, and it shows in how his eyes double in surprise.

 

“Oh… Well, I’m your teacher, Baekhee.”

 

“Sehun oppa is our teacher too but we call him oppa.”

 

“Because Sehun is almost the same age as you.”

 

“You aren’t too old for me either.”

 

Baekhee knows she’s pushing boundaries. But at the same time it’s just another challenge – a challenge she won’t back away from.

 

Teacher Kim runs his fingers through his hair in frustration and almost yelps when Baekhee steps closer to him.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“There is something I want to know.” Baekhee speaks up bravely while lifting a hand over the other’s heart. “Am I just a student for you? One member of GFRIEND and that’s all? Please, don’t come up with excuses like I’m too young, you’re too old, you’re a teacher and I’m a student. Just tell me how we are, oppa. Tell me how you want us to be.”

 

Since Teacher Kim looks too dumbfounded to speak, Baekhee lets out a shuddering breath and continues.

 

“If you won’t speak, I will… What I want you to know is that I like you. A lot. I don’t think there has been anybody I liked this much before. I guess you’re the first person I even like this way? It’s okay if you can’t like me back just… give me a chance? Don’t shut me out before I could even try.”

 

Baekhee has sworn to herself not to do anything more then asking but as they stand so close, she can’t help on herself and leaning up, kisses the outer part of that prominent jaw.

 

“I may seem like a clear glass bead but I won’t break that easily.”

 

Teacher Kim inhales sharply at the contact and puts his hands on the girl’s waist to prevent her from going further.

 

“Baekhee…”

 

 

 

It’s one of the year-end shows and GFRIEND performs both of their title songs.

 

Promoting “Me Gustas Tu” is rewarding and more joyful, Baekhee thinks as they’re standing backstage and the staff is checking their microphones. Now they’re more or less used to stand in the spotlight and aren’t as nervous as they were dancing and singing “Glass Bead” during their debut stage. They have a solid fanbase now too, giving them enough encouragement and confidence to go on. Baekhee feels delirious as she looks out to the large crowd waving different lightsticks and slogans in hand. They’re part of the stardom now.

 

And there’s something else too.

 

Baekhee spares a look towards backstage but she knows there’s somebody who keeps going around in her head as she sings “Me Gustas Tu”.

 

“Ya, Baek! We should be on standby, come!”

 

Listening to her group member, Baekhee accepts Yerin’s hand and the girls take their places behind the wall.

 

As the beginning tune of “Glass Bead” blasts through the speakers, the crowd goes wild.

 

 

 

 

Jongdae comes back from an important phone call to see the performance has already started. He wants to monitor his students but spots someone familiar over there, hiding in the shadows.

 

“I’ve thought you won’t come.”

 

Kyungsoo looks up surprised, maybe even taken aback like he was thinking he won’t get caught.

 

“This is the big thing. I had to take a look how they’re doing.”

 

“And what do you think?”

 

“You’re doing a good job if that’s what you want to hear. Look at them, they’re glowing!” Kyungsoo chuckles and adjusts the black cap on his head. “Debuting this late is hard. I have all the experience but I feel like I’m too late. Were you like this when you’ve started too?”

 

Jongdae hums in agreement.

 

“The beginning is always hard. You’re tougher than me, I’m sure you can manage.”

 

“Have you not regretted starting again as a vocal coach?”

 

It used to be a question Jongdae has to think hard to answer but as he sees the girls dancing on stage with big, honest smiles plastered on their faces, he doesn’t have to think twice.

 

“I’ve regret nothing.”

 

Kyungsoo turns to his friend with a different smile from earlier.

 

“Has Baekhee anything to do with that?”

 

The previous coach chooses to say that exactly when Baekhee stands at the front, eyes beaming with enthusiasm, her skirt dancing around her as she jumps from left to right.

 

The timing is so perfect, Jongdae is loss for words.

 

“I know she’s a big factor in that you’ve accepted the offer.” Kyungsoo continues. “You weren’t aware of it, but you looked at her like she was the nicest thing you’ve seen in years when I showed you their practice video.”

 

Jongdae can’t help on his blush at this point. It’s true that the girl left a huge impact on him but what Kyungsoo implies is a bit too much… but is it?

 

Baekhee is something. She’s quick-witted and enthusiastic, willing to work hard and is aware of the fact that for success sacrifices must be made. Jongdae has heard she had joined the group way later than the others but could catch up under impressively short time.

 

Yes, next to that she’s strong-willed, stubborn and she could really cut off on being this energetic but overall, she’s just the type of student Jongdae wants to coach… and keep next to him.

 

“I-I want to teach her everything.” Jongdae finds himself to say. “She’s a diamond in the rough and I’m willing to do anything to make her shine.”

 

“Will you teach her love too?”

 

Jongdae snaps out of his daze to glare at his friend. Deeming that’s not enough, he even jabs at Kyungsoo’s rib who gasps at the sudden attack.

 

“It remains to be seen… but whatever happens, that is so not your business.”

 

Kyungsoo has a knowing smile on his face but the other can’t see it because he’s staring at the stage where GFRIEND sings the last chorus of “Glass Bead”.

 

“I may seem like a clear glass bead
But I won’t break that easily
I love you, only you, it won’t change
I’ll shine on you forever”

 


 

 

Let me know in a comment what you think!
If you don't have time for that but like the story nonetheless, don't forget to upvote.
Thank you!

xoxo, bea