Chapter 1

Elements Royale

Tiffany’s life had changed. It had more than changed. In fact her life had been flipped around 180 degrees. She had gone from being miserable, alone and afraid to being happy, healthy and surrounded by people that loved her. A few months ago she had no-one in the world she could call her own, no-one she could say she loved. Now she had loving friends, family and the person she loved the most in the world beside.

Her life had been like a fairytale lately. Perfect.

Flashback...

It was all she could do not to pick off her fingernails in nervousness. There she was sat in a grand white dressing room, with her hair straightened and parts of it braided with precious stones and white and gold ribbons in them.

She wore a pure white gown made of chiffon and silk with a long train behind her; she looked like an angel on her wedding day.

Except she wasn’t getting married.

Today was her coronation.

The door swung open and she saw dressed in similar white gowns her best friends. They were all there: Taeyeon, Jessica, Yuri, Sooyoung and Qian.

“Hey.” Jessica smiled at her.

“Hi.” They greeted each other like it was any other day.

“Nervous?”

“Yes. A little.” Tiffany admitted. Jessica came forward and held her hands tightly.

“It’ll be fine. You’ll be fine. I promise.” There was a knock on the door and everyone turned to see who had come in. It was one of the Royal Guards.

“It is time ladies.” All the girls stood up and walked with the guard to behind a great door.

“Wait here until you are announced.” He left them stood there waiting nervously until someone who looked like a sort of strange fairy godmother with a strict face came up to them.

“Right this will not do! You need to stand at the front,” She pointed at Tiffany before gesturing to the rest of them to flank her on either side, “I don’t know what they were thinking, asking me to organise such an elaborate celebration at such short notice. I don’t even know what it is for!” She muttered under her breath. The others looked at each other and smiled slightly to each other.

“And what have they given me to work with? These girls have no posture, no elegance and certainly not fit to be in a Royal ball!” She went around straightening their backs and lifting their chins prodding and poking until she was satisfied.

“Well that’s just going to have to do for now.” The woman said haughtily before hurrying off. The girls waited till she was out of ear-shot before they burst out laughing and giggling.

“No posture, no elegance! Straighten your backs!” Sooyoung imitated her haughty voice and demeanour sending the others into hysterics. They calmed themselves down and fanned the tears of laughter from their eyes.

“Oh God I hope I don’t have to deal with her every day!” Tiffany giggled.

“I really hope you don’t have to!” Qian was almost on her knees from laughter. There was a loud trumpet and the girls straightened up immediately.

“May I present: Hwang Miyoung, Kim Taeyeon, Jung Sooyeon, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung and Song Qian!” A loud male voice shouted from behind the door. The doors swung open and the girls started to walk forward into the sunlight. There was an enormous crowd in front of them all cheering and applauding; the noise was absolutely deafening. There were banners held by soldiers in two lines either side of a red carpet. The carpet led up a large flight of steps and stopped at the top where there were the King and Queen waiting for them as well as the girls partners and pageboys and girls holding cushions with circlets and crests on them.

The girls began the long walk to the top, the crowds cheering either side of them only adding to their nervousness. Tiffany felt like she was going to faint with nervousness, the butterflies in her stomach were becoming stronger and her head felt dizzy. She tried to focus on something, anything to help her concentrate. So she focused on his smile at the top of the stairs and felt her nervousness drain from her body like water.

Soon enough she found herself at the top of the stairs and had to walk past the guys all dressed in white suits to get to their spots which were told to them beforehand. As she walked past Siwon he smiled handsomely and winked at her. Tiffany averted her eyes and bit her lips to try and fight back the smile forming on her lips. She took her place at the very end of the line before turning to the crowds cheering.

The King raised his hand for the crowds to be quiet and eventually they calmed down to a silence.

“You have been called here to witness the rewards of these 10 men and women as they have done our kingdom a great service! With the courage of these men and women they have rid our kingdom of the evil Yoona!” The crowds erupted in cheers once more, the girls could feel the vibrations under their feet. Once the crowd had quietened down the King called Onew forward. Onew came forward in front

“Lee Jinki you have done this kingdom a great service. I present to you the crest of the Royal Defenders, a rank so high that only the Royal family can overcome it. The crest will also help amplify your powers to a fuller extent. I also present to you the traditional cloak of the Defenders as well as a hand-forged blade. May it defend you as well as you have defended us.” Onew kneeled before the King after the Queen placed the white cloak around his shoulders and pinned the gold crest onto it before presenting him with the silver sword which was taken from the page-boys cushions.

“Rise Sir Lee, defender of our kingdom.” The Queen said. Onew stood up slowly and bowed to them both. The boys followed a similar ceremony as they were all crowned defenders and presented with the cloak, crest and sword.

Then it was the girls turn.

Taeyeon was summoned first.

“Kim Taeyeon, through your actions you have helped rid the kingdom of an evil plague. I present to you the circlet of the Royal Defenders, meant to enhance your powers. I also present a hand forged sword and the cloak of the Royal Defenders. The kingdom thanks you for your service.” Taeyeon bowed her head as the Queen placed a gold circlets dotted with precious white stones on her head.

“Rise Lady Kim, defender of our kingdom.” The Queen smiled kindly. The girls all followed the similar ceremony apart from Tiffany.

“Hwang Miyoung come forward.” The King announced. Tiffany walked forward in front of the King and Queen before kneeling. The King held her shoulders and helped her to her feet.

“You do not kneel to us, Miyoung.” He said kindly. He turned to the Queen who placed an intricate crown of silver flowers and vines with precious pearls and stones on her head. The Queen had tears in her eyes. The King turned to the crowd and announced:

“I present the lost princess, my daughter: Princess Hwang Miyoung!” The crowd cheered and applauded like they had not done before. They were shocked of course but glad as their lost princess had been found and returned to them.

“All hail the Princess! All hail the Defenders!” A voice shouted above the noise of the crowd.

“All hail the Princess! All hail the Defenders!” The crowd repeated before kneeling to Tiffany and the others. Tiffany felt something rise in ; whether it was tears or not she never found as she was escorted with the others inside a huge palace.

The King and Queen entered and crossed immediately to Tiffany. The Queen held her shoulders and beamed at her.

“You look so grown up my child.” She sighed and hugged Tiffany tightly.

“We’re so proud of you.” The King her cheek fondly.

“Thank you.” Tiffany beamed at them her eye-smile brighter than before.

“She has your smile my dear.” The King said to his wife.

“Oh she will pull in all the boys!” The Queen said, causing the King to turn bright red in a mixture of shock and anger. The others, as well as Tiffany, burst into laughter at the face of the King.

“Ahem... well...that’s not the point.” He muttered quietly. Jessica leaned over to Tiffany and whispered:

“It doesn’t matter how many boys she’ll pull in, no-one has her heart like Siwon does.” Taeyeon nodded in agreement before asking:

“Your Highnesses, will Miyoung be continuing her education at the school?”

“Of course! She needs to learn along with others and learning with private tutors are so boring! Of course being a princess there are some other lessons she needs to learn such as etiquette, dancing, musical instruments, sword fighting as well as other weapons, horse-riding and political matters. Of course as Defenders you will need to take part as well in these lessons. They can be arranged to take place at the school or in the palace grounds.”  The Queen quickly rattled off surprising the others.

“So many lessons, mother?” Tiffany asked.

“I know it is a bit of a burden but you must learn these for when the kingdoms come together for balls and events. It will also be important for when you ascend to the throne my child, you need to be aware.” Tiffany’s mother her face gently. Tiffany sighed and her father patted her head gently.

“At least you will have your friends there my child. Friends are very important.”

“I know father. I know.” She smiled.

End of Flashback...

Tiffany was stood there with the rest of the girls while they were being measured for ball-gowns and other formal wear for Royal Events.

“In times of war the Royal Defenders are expected to first and fore mostly defend the Royal Family,” Sooyoung read out loud from a book she was levitating in front of her, “That one is fairly obvious though, it’s in the name. In times of peace, Royal Defenders are expected to the Royal Family to events and act as guards for the Royal Family and can be designated by the King or Queen to defend a specific member of the Royal Family.”

“You have all been designated to protect the Princess, although 9 guards is a little excessive.” One of the tailors said.

“Young-kwang hush!” Another tailor scolded.

“No it’s alright. I would agree; 9 guards is excessive for one Princess.” Tiffany said kindly.

“You are our only Princess and the entire kingdom hasn’t seen you since you were born,” The tailor explained, “It makes sense that the King and Queen are very concerned about your protection.”

“True.” Tiffany admitted thoughtfully.

“We are finished your Highness.” The tailors bowed deeply towards her.

“Thank you for your help.” Tiffany nodded to them as they walked out before turning back to the others, “What now?”

“We should head back to the school. The new year will be starting and we have to organise our dormitories.” Taeyeon suggested. The others nodded in agreement before they called a carriage to get them to the school.

“This is strange.” Tiffany said as she climbed into the carriage.

“It is isn’t it? It’s weird at first but you get used to it.” Sooyoung said.

“You’ve ridden in carriages before?” Yuri asked.

“Yes, my family has always had connections to the Royal Court so when I do attend a Royal event, which is hardly ever, we travel by carriage.” Sooyoung explained.

“Thank goodness we have someone who has a bit of experience with the balls and things! I don’t even know where to begin!” Tiffany giggled.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you. We’ll help each other like we always do. We’ll get through this together.”

 

 

 

 

Annyeong! Welcome to the first chapter of the sequel to 'Elements!' I hope you will all enjoy this one as well and as always leave any comments in the comment section! I love reading what you think about the story!