Final

Insomnic Needs

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Jonghyun stared at the ceiling, he was sure he remembered every detail of his and Taemin's room's ceiling by now. 

He closed his eyes, he felt like every cell in his body is begging him to sleep already, but he just can't, God knows why.

One thousand five hundred forty eight sheep

One thousand five hundred forty nine sheep   

It's not helping. Who thought of the idea of counting sheeps would help you sleep in the first place anyways? That's just so stupid.

He groaned softly and his bed, careful not to wake up the youngest. Taemin could turn into a grumpy and possibly life threatening beast once you wake him up in the middle of the night.

Taemin used to say that he thinks too much; that's why he could barely sleep on most days. He agreed. He did think so much and worry about things that wouldn't even happen. Like today, he had been thinking about his upcoming solo album; what if it fails? what if people said it's unoriginal- what if he say something stupid and ruin his image? Even worse, SHINee's image? 

But that was hours ago. Now, he was just focusing on getting some sleep; but you see, it's just not working out that well.

He sighed and sat up on his bed, oh well, he thought, here comes the sleeping pills. He checked the clock before he got out, 3:14 A.M. Nice.

He almost tip toed out of the room, careful not to wake anyone up.

"." Jonghyun almost fell backward because of a voice yelled from the living room as soon as he opened the door. He turned his head slowly, watching the youngest with big, horror filled eyes. He was tossing in his bed and groaned, but he settled not long after, which Jonghyun welcomed with a sigh of relief. He then closed the door behind him and peeked his head to see who was making the noise. 

"-stupid like what the actual hell? 2-0? it's not even half time yet why did i even support you guys you ." Half time? He could almost see the lightbulb hovering over his head after a few seconds of thinking. Right, today Minho's favorite club- Arsenal- is playing against some other club that he didn't know too well. Southamsomething.

"Minho?" He called out as he walked into the living room, the rapper turned and see him and gasped.

"Ah! Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry-"

"Nah, I couldn't sleep anyways." He looked relieved and nodded.

"Popcorn?" The younger slides the bowl that was sitting on his crossed leg to the older.

"Nah, I already brushed my teeth." He said, flopping down on the couch. "Besides, I only came out to get my sleeping pills." Minho turned and raised his eyebrow.

"Didn't you say you don't want to be dependant on those stuff anymore?" Jonghyun replied with a shrug.

"Well, clearly, I'm not ready for that step yet." Minho chuckled and untangled his legs, patting on his thighs.

"Come here, I'll give you a massage- you always said that I'm good at it." Jonghyun pondered for a while, it took him barely a couple of seconds before he decided he didn't want to miss out on the offer, so he lied down and placed his head on the younger's thigh, facing the TV. Because, let's face it, there wasn't a lot of option that would be appropriate. Minho started with rubbing soothing circles on the back of Jonghyun's head before continuing to rub away the tenseness off his neck and shoulders.

Jonghyun eyelid was getting heavy, he yawned and was falling asleep, only to be jolted awake by Minho's small jumps when the other team almost made a goal, Minho kept apologizing when he saw Jonghyun's eye went wide and blinked in confusion. But he didn't mind. Minho was helping him sleep and he was grateful.

 

Jonghyun blinked his eyes as he felt the room was getting too bright and a bit too noisy for his liking. He sat up and rubbed the sleepiness off his eyes. Scanning the whole room, he saw Taemin with a messed up hair and a bloated face sitting half-asleep while Jinki was pouring himself and the youngest a bowl of cereal.

Key walked out of the bathroom at that time, looking less like out of all of the other members, immediately twisting his face in a very unattractive grin.

"Good morning, loverboy." Jonghyun rolled his eyes so hard that for a moment he was scared that they might fall off. Key laughed and decided to ignore the violent eye rolling and walked into the kitchen.

Jonghyun then turned to where Minho was sitting last night and smiled as he found the younger asleep right there. But the position of him is a little... uncomfortable in his opinion. His head was tilted back almost ninety degree because of the lack of headrest on the couch.

"Ouch, that can't be comfortable." he mumbled to himself. He then went into his and Taemin's room to get one of his pillows. He came back and as he was lifting Minho's head, the younger blinked his eyes awake. He groaned and put his hand behind his neck, subconsciously massaging it. "Good morning, Minhoya!" Jonghyun beamed. Minho cracked one eye open to look at him and smiled.

"Well, at least one of us got a good night sleep." Jonghyun's grin grew wider and nodded.

"Yeah, thanks to you." Jonghyun watched as Minho turned his head around, stretching the sore muscles. "How about I return the favor tonight?" 

"People who didn't know the whole story would think that sentence is veeerry ual. But I'll take it."